Sun Princess Enclave/Thermal Suite

For those of you that have sailed on the Sun and have used the Enclave, are the only loungers in that area the heated stone loungers?  We have purchased passes for our transatlantic and I'm seriously thinking of cancelling the passes since there doesn't seem to be much space to actually lounge in there.  I was also a little disappointed to find that there does not appear to be any windows.  Looks like more of a dark cave from the available videos I've been able to find.

I know you are asking about the Sun, which I haven't tried, but the Royal Class ships, who also have the Enclave , only have heated stone loungers. And yes, there are no windows and it is dark. I love the Enclave but Ive never used it as a place to send hours and hours. Im usually there an hour or 2 before getting ready for dinner . 

I can see how some would prefer a brighter place with views.

• Like 1

Yes, we just used enclave today. The heated loungers you see are the only ones Available. And yes, on sea days it’s packed there and personally for me it was not relaxing. There’s a separate relaxing room, but this is where people come before their treatments and traffic there is non-stop. Luckily, we only prepaid for one week on the embarkation day for $149/person as a special promo. The spa itself is bigger than ever, but enclave seems about the same as discovery princess, just different layout. FYI, the lockers are no longer actually locked, so can’t bring any valuables with you. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bucket_List_Girl said:

Yes, we just used enclave today. The heated loungers you see are the only ones Available. And yes, on sea days it’s packed there and personally for me it was not relaxing. There’s a separate relaxing room, but this is where people come before their treatments and traffic there is non-stop. Luckily, we only prepaid for one week on the embarkation day for $149/person as a special promo. The spa itself is bigger than ever, but enclave seems about the same as discovery princess, just different layout. FYI, the lockers are no longer actually locked, so can’t bring any valuables with you. 

Not sure why you think the lockers arent locked.  They are. Thats the whole point of the thing they give you.
My first locker didnt work, and had to go change the fob....perhaps you got a defective one too?

But they definitely do lock.

I’ve always found the place more stressful than relaxing. The chair hogs for the heated beds are out in full force.  They come in drop a towel on the bed and then go into the thermal pool. Other people come in and carry on a conversation in loud voices not concerned about bothering other people. So I stopped going. 

Except on the Sun…

And yes there are the heated beds. And yes, the lockers lock. 

I’ve never spent more than an hour there and I don’t think you are supposed to. It’s not meant for you to sit on those loungers with a book (or worse an iPad which I’ve seen!!!) for hours on end. It’s meant for a sauna, water massage and warm relaxation. It’s quiet. It’s serene.  And then you go back to the ship. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/20/2024 at 7:41 AM, LittleTinker said:

Not sure why you think the lockers arent locked.  They are. Thats the whole point of the thing they give you.
My first locker didnt work, and had to go change the fob....perhaps you got a defective one too?

But they definitely do lock.

The lockers in the Enclave on the Sun Princess do NOT lock. I am currently on and used the area. The staff is very emphatic about saying not to leave valuables in the lockers because of this. You can open any locker and see people’s personal belongings inside. 

Edited by GK95
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Wow!  The system must be broken or something else must have happened. They were lockable on the Sun in April. They gave a medallion type thing on a wirst band that you would hold up to the locker door to lock it. Then you would take it with you to the Enclave and use it to unlock it again when you were done. 

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser

8 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Wow!  The system must be broken or something else must have happened. They were lockable on the Sun in April. They gave a medallion type thing on a wirst band that you would hold up to the locker door to lock it. Then you would take it with you to the Enclave and use it to unlock it again when you were done. 

It used to work, and they’re saying they’re looking to fix the issue, however, not anytime on our cruise.. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

There’s definitely a medallion like reader on the front of them, so something must have happened. Another thing to add to the list of things on the Sun that aren’t working as they’re supposed to be. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, GK95 said:

There’s definitely a medallion like reader on the front of them, so something must have happened. Another thing to add to the list of things on the Sun that aren’t working as they’re supposed to be. 

Yup. The very aft glass elevator port side didn’t work the entire length of our cruise. I assume it is fixed by now. 

Edited by Sox Fan Cruiser

6 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

Yup. The very aft glass elevator port side didn’t work the entire length of our cruise. I assume it is fixed by now. 

Yes it works!