Live - NCL Prima - 06/23-07/04/2024 - Southampton, Belgium, Amsterdam, Norway and Iceland - Is it more beautiful than Alaska?

2 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

Does that look like a face in the rocks? See the eyes? 

IMG_2972.jpeg

I remember that face!

Thanks for all the great fjord pictures. DW said she wished hers came out better as there was some fog.

We did get to the Anne Frank House the first time we were in Amsterdam on a land trip. It was either the Christmas/New Year's break 2003-4 or the next year, and you did not need to get pre-bought timed tickets back then. It was truly an awe inspiring experience.

Edited by ontheweb
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

I’ll see if I can get more photos of the officers.  

Here are some photos of the sun setting at 11:30pm. 

We had dinner with the officers tonight and were honored we got to have dinner with Captain Roger Gustavsen and Cruise Next Manager Natalie. The captain has done a wonderful job with daily announcements telling us what to expect. It was a fun and interesting dinner with them and several other Latitudes passengers. 

We saw the Donna Summer show at 9:30pm. It was fantastic! 

IMG_2896.jpeg

IMG_2899.jpeg

Oh, how it sounds like a perfectly magical evening you had! 

• Like 1

In Geiranger, we walked up the hill past the church to the waterfalls. We took the stairs down and are back on the ship before our excursion.  

Temperature is now 72 degrees. We weren’t able to get our tour to Dalsnibba Mountain and Eagle Road moved to an earlier time as they were full. 

With it being so nice outside we are bummed we can’t hang out at the Vibe but don’t want to miss seeing Dalsnibba Mountain.  

IMG_2989.jpeg

IMG_2990.jpeg

IMG_2991.jpeg

IMG_2997.jpeg

IMG_2999.jpeg

IMG_3001.jpeg

IMG_3003.jpeg

IMG_3015.jpeg

IMG_3019.jpeg

• Like 13

7 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

We are in Hudson’s for breakfast as the views are spectacular! Photos don’t truly capture it. 

Photos are stunning as is ... and thank you.  CC server has to trim ultra high resolution pictures uploaded or else it will quickly ran low on their TB cloud storage space for more.  DW wants to return to Amsterdam for a land stay and seeing those images explained why.  

Appreciate the useful & practical update on the Libby App, glad to know it's functional and online now.  Cruisers that enjoy reading and the solitude has another choice ... of course, there's so much to see, do and eat ... 

Current situation. Whiskey Bar as we travel out of the beautiful fjord.  We can hear Duo Rika singing country songs from the atrium.  For some reason, it sounds really loud tonight. 

Drinks are Matador and Buffalo Trace. 

Our excursion and several other buses got back at 7:15pm when all aboard was at 7:00pm. We didn’t hear any names called. Will add those photos tomorrow. 

I tried to get more photos of the officers but that screen was being used to direct passengers where to go to disembark.  When we got back on, it was being updated. 

IMG_3114.jpeg

IMG_3115.jpeg

IMG_3116.jpeg

IMG_3117.jpeg

IMG_3104.jpeg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, FlGoodShips said:

Nomita Rambhunjan is Assistant General Manager.

She has been with NCL for years. Wonderful Lady.

Wow, excellent & great to know.  She surely did a double or triple leap on her upward career ladder.  Adrian D. and she co-hosted our DWO table last November and her title at that time was Assistant Guest Services Manager. She was looking forward to holiday leave to fly home to South Africa for much needed R&R. Always a smile on her face and saw her last month onboard, busy with others & just waived with her. 

PXL_20231123_195251.thumb.jpg.9c6dc9b9444e40834d53978b97bb2147.jpg

@Seas2mountains if you come across Nomita or Adrian, show them this, that Susan & Henry said hello, they are on CruiseCritic.  My apology for side tracking. ...

• Like 3

I still can't figure out how to get my phone photos to cc, but it looks the same as what was posted.

So, for heading into the Geirangerfjord, we got to the observation lounge at 6:30 am and enjoyed the views. At about 8:44 am, we got to the extremely scenic part. I went to the ocean walk on Deck 8, which was perfect for photos during the 360 degree turn.

An amazing day with astounding and unusual good weather at Geiranger. 

• Like 1

We had such a beautiful day in Geiranger yesterday. It was definitely a highlight of the cruise so far. We were told Geiranger may stop allowing cruise ships beginning two years from now. The cruise through the fjord was better than any excursion.   Here are photos from the bus ride and excursion up to Dalsnibba Mountain. 

The first few photos show Prima when we were at about 1000 feet, 2000 feet and 4700 feet where it looks

IMG_2186.jpeg

IMG_2188.jpeg

IMG_2205.jpeg

IMG_2210.jpeg

• Like 6

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. 

BTW, I think we may be dealing with multiple Nomitas here. This is the one on the Prima right now. She is from India and has been an Asst GM for a while. This picture is from the Escape in 2018, when the old HD titles were still in effect. It looks like a different Nomita in Henry’s picture. 

IMG_2341.jpeg.4d393578b378d286930e7cef9fa8c97c.jpeg

Last night we had dinner at Indulge.  Thank you @mking8288 for letting us know the dinner menu was different than the lunch menu. 

We couldn’t get the option to order drinks working and had to go the bar. The same thing happened to us for lunch a few days ago. So if you are going to Indulge, get your drinks first or your food will get cold as it gets delivered so fast after ordering. 

We shared Pesto Gnocchi, fried green tomatoes, bacon wrapped chicken and deviled eggs I missed getting a photo of pork ribs my husband ordered. He also got a bread with crab but he said it wasn’t very good. 

IMG_3105.jpeg

IMG_3106.jpeg

IMG_3107.jpeg

IMG_3108.jpeg

IMG_3109.jpeg

• Like 1

We had a great day in Bergen. I’ll post those photos tomorrow. 

Here are photos from our dinner at Le Bistro tonight. My husband and I ordered the same items. Escargot, Goat cheese croquette salad and the filet minus the foie gras and minus the previous up charge. 

We did not care for the new potatoes that came with the filet. Were they au gratin potatoes or something else? 

IMG_3255.jpeg

IMG_3256.jpeg

IMG_3257.jpeg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, cruiservictor said:

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing. 
BTW ... dealing with multiple Nomitas. This is the one on the Prima right now. She is from India and has been an Asst GM for a while. This picture is from the Escape in 2018, when the old HD titles were still in effect ... a different Nomita in Henry’s picture. 

Absolutely stunning photos, thanks to OP.   Yes, now that this is a better & sharper picture (although form 2018) we do have more than one "Nomitas" onboard the Prima ... apologize for mixing them up, the one is from South Africa as "pictured" from my upload and she's a bit more mature.  Clearing this up for others.   Whew, Adrian is one and the same, that's for sure, 99.975%

@Seas2mountains  good, reading like an enjoyable dinner at Indulge, good food & plentiful, no limits & order as much as one can eat.  Service was quick, very fast - digitially "send" or submit the tablet order and within minutes, cheerfully arrived ... the piping hot noodles soup was great on a chilly evening.  Was thinking, some of the popular items should - maybe, one day - make its way into The Local and/or O'Sheehan's Menu, and go fleet-wide.   

• Like 2

Great pictures!

We lucked out today. My husband and I hustled off the ship and immediately went to the floibannen while it was sunny. I had already gotten tickets, so we avoided the line.

It was sunny for us. It didn't start raining until we were halfway through Bryggen. 

And yes, get your drinks before you sit at Indulge. My favorites are the garlic naan, the pesto gnocchi, the noodle soup at lunch and the beef picanha.

• Like 2

Tonight after our dinner in Le Bistro and as we were enjoying listening to Juci Del Carlo who plays guitar in Metropolitan bar, a person from shore excursions and assistant executive housekeeping staff member in uniform and with name tags asked if we would answer a few questions.  They asked if there was anything that could be improved on the cruise. Since we initially thought they were asking about housekeeping and shore excursions, we raved about the excellent service we were receiving from our cabin steward, Marti.

They asked if anything could be improved. We mentioned the new recipe potatoes with the filet at Le Bistro should go back to the old recipe. They asked if anything else could be improved. We said we were getting excellent service at all bars and restaurants and couldn’t think of anything.  As they left after asking for our cabin number, my  husband watched to see if they were asking anyone else these questions but they did not. This seemed really strange. 

• Thanks 1