Let’s Not let QE feel left out…semi-live Alaska report

NE John

2 hours ago, exlondoner said:

If not, I’ve got about a dozen you can have. I keep coming across them in strange places.

QG is a rare treat for us, but I have saved a couple of the holders. My DW has misplaced hers.  I find it handy when travelling in any category and have even taken one with me on Holland America.  

1 minute ago, david,Mississauga said:

QG is a rare treat for us, but I have saved a couple of the holders. My DW has misplaced hers.  I find it handy when travelling in any category and have even taken one with me on Holland America.  

My husband used to use his for railway tickets when he went up to town more often.

3 hours ago, david,Mississauga said:

Many thanks for the updates. We have just three weeks and a day before we board the QE and are getting excited. I have just two questions.

Is there still a  harpist?

Are the "leather-type" holders for the cruise card still provided in QG?

There could be a harpist because every other musical instrument has been featured, buy can't verify. 

Yes, the leather holders are available. 

As for Gala Night dress code - 95%+ adhered to and plenty masquerading around. Much effort was made. The only squishy area again is putting the Cunard "Smart Attire" definition into reality. But most of the ship made a big effort to dress to match the beautiful decor of QE. 

Off to the Gardens in Victoria today and totally off in Vancouver tomorrow. 10 days is a perfect length for this epic voyage. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, NE John said:

There could be a harpist because every other musical instrument has been featured, buy can't verify. 

Yes, the leather holders are available. 

As for Gala Night dress code - 95%+ adhered to and plenty masquerading around. Much effort was made. The only squishy area again is putting the Cunard "Smart Attire" definition into reality. But most of the ship made a big effort to dress to match the beautiful decor of QE. 

Off to the Gardens in Victoria today and totally off in Vancouver tomorrow. 10 days is a perfect length for this epic voyage. 

Enjoy the gardens. The roses should be fantastic this time of year.

• Thanks 1

Final evening of Beatlemania in the Queens Room. Packed and everyone having a great time. Such a difference from the sparsely attended ballroom dancing nights. I heard from too many pax that while they want to dance on the QR, they feel intimidated by the band host announcing what type of ballroom or Latin dance to dance to each song. I wish Cunard continues with ballroom dancing of course but make the experience more welcoming. 
Anyway, everyone having a great time ending the Alaska voyage in the QR. I’ll do a review once at home. Overall A+

IMG_4718.jpeg

IMG_4717.jpeg

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, sfred said:

Thanks again for all your photos and commentary, @NE John.  Glad you had a good time.

I miss being on QE!   * sigh *

Thank you @sfred for pushing me to go. The ports were all great - no Santorinis, even with five other ships. QE looked good inside and out. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NE John said:

Final evening of Beatlemania in the Queens Room. Packed and everyone having a great time. Such a difference from the sparsely attended ballroom dancing nights. I heard from too many pax that while they want to dance on the QR, they feel intimidated by the band host announcing what type of ballroom or Latin dance to dance to each song. I wish Cunard continues with ballroom dancing of course but make the experience more welcoming. 
Anyway, everyone having a great time ending the Alaska voyage in the QR. I’ll do a review once at home. Overall A+

IMG_4718.jpeg

IMG_4717.jpeg

I'm enjoying your reports but I have to say I'm intimidated when the host doesn't announce the dance.  Sometimes I can figure it out, but it's a great comfort to slightly experienced dancers to know what the intention is.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 57eric said:

I'm enjoying your reports but I have to say I'm intimidated when the host doesn't announce the dance.  Sometimes I can figure it out, but it's a great comfort to slightly experienced dancers to know what the intention is.

It’s feedback from others.