HAL PCC Question

Does anyone know if HAL PCCs receive commission on cruises they book? We have had an extremely negative experience with ours. No need to go in details, but I don't really want to work with her anymore. That being said, we just booked a new cruise while on the last one. The onboard cruise consultant automatically assigned it to our current PCC. I'm not really sure I want to work with her and if she gets commission on the booking, I really don't want to work with her. Anyone know how these things work with HAL?

We went with a PCC and then I decided to transfer to a TA. She was extremely rude and insulting to me in several emails. My TA said she didn’t understand why she would have been that way because they still got credit for the booking. 

Had a different experience. I always book myself on the website but recently had a few issues and I contacted the person who has been on the advertising emails as my pcc. She responded immediately and helped me and I asked her if she got commissions for booking and could I transfer my bookings to her. She said they did but it was too late to transfer my existing bookings. But she also said she'd be happy to help with anything I needed even though she didn't have the bookings. I will be going through her next time I book. Like everything else in customer service - it all depends on who you happen to get.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I use a PCC.  If I see a cruise I want, I put it on hold and then send her an email to take it over.  I am aware this is the only way they get credit for the booking.  Also, there are some PCC's that will not help you if you have booked online as it is not considered their booking.

• Like 1

HAL PCC's do not receive commissions on individual bookings but receive bonuses on total bookings. HAL lost a few hundred PCC's due to covid and was down to 60 PCC's. Those that are gone are being replaced but getting an experienced PCC is a crapshoot. Fortunately the PCC that I have dealt with since 2007 is still there. 

I'm still waiting to find out what a PCC does. My PCC does nothing proactively and when I ask a question, it usually ends with me getting a lecture about the rules.  In other words, I'm left feeling like a dumb ass for asking the question.  That doesn't make it conducive to bring bookings to her.  

My expectation of a PCC is someone who will act on my behalf who can suggest ways to get the most on my next sailing without me asking - even if it means spending a bit more money.  What I don't want in a PCC is a clerk who just does the minimum and gives the impression that I'm an annoyance.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LetItSnow said:

I'm still waiting to find out what a PCC does. My PCC does nothing proactively and when I ask a question, it usually ends with me getting a lecture about the rules.  In other words, I'm left feeling like a dumb ass for asking the question.  That doesn't make it conducive to bring bookings to her.  

My expectation of a PCC is someone who will act on my behalf who can suggest ways to get the most on my next sailing without me asking - even if it means spending a bit more money.  What I don't want in a PCC is a clerk who just does the minimum and gives the impression that I'm an annoyance.

Call and change PCC's. 

I've had no luck with the PCC named on all my email either.  Booking a previous cruise I left a voice mail and emailed with no response from her.  After several email attempts someone else answered for her with incorrect information.  I called the 800 number, got a very helpful young man.  I even asked him if PCC's were real.  He assured me they are. 

My latest reservation I made myself on line and then called her to help add Club Orange.  She told me she couldn't help as the reservation had already been made.  Again, I called the 800 number and got someone helpful.  I did get an email from the PCC after our conversation with the usual 'contact me if i can help' which surprised me because I did and she wouldn't.  I think I don't understand the purpose and have given up on contacting my PCC.  

• Like 1