Bid But Don't Have A Drink Package

MAGSMFC

10 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

The OP was NOT asking about having a premium drink. Package included with a sweet booking from move up.

The question was, if a move up bid into a suite was made, would  drinks be available in the retreat.  And yes, they would be.  Would the OP need to pay for drinks ordered elsewhere, yes.

Oh I misunderstood.

While we did have the drink package, we were never asked for our card in Luminae. I figured it’s because since the suites come with drinks included, the servers likely “assume” that everyone has the drink package.

26 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

While we did have the drink package, we were never asked for our card in Luminae. I figured it’s because since the suites come with drinks included, the servers likely “assume” that everyone has the drink package.

You are asked, until the host/hostess/maitre'd have it memorized, your room number before you enter.  That gets printed on the little slip of paper the maitre'd gives the wait staff/somellier so they now know your room number and their systems shows what package you have based on that information.  

31 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Why would they assume something that isn't true? They didn't ask you because they knew you had a drink package--they didn't assume.

3 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Why would they assume something that isn't true? They didn't ask you because they knew you had a drink package--they didn't assume.

How would they know that without looking at my card? I have always been asked for my card in the MDR and Blu……Luminae is the only place I haven’t been asked…..nobody around us was asked either 

1 minute ago, Purplsmurf said:

How would they know that without looking at my card?

See my earlier response -- they have your room number as you provided it to the Maitre'd before entering.

4 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

How would they know that without looking at my card? I have always been asked for my card in the MDR and Blu……Luminae is the only place I haven’t been asked…..nobody around us was asked either 

They know your stateroom number.

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

So they only have it Luminae and not Blu MDR? If so, I didn’t realize that 

It's just easier for them in Luminae. At any given time, there may only be 1 or 2 (or zero) tables of guests dining in Luminae that don't have a beverage package, so it's easy for them to keep track. In Blu or one of the MDRs, it's not as easy, so they ask.

• Thanks 1