June 21, 2024 survey from Windstar

I had a survey request hit my email in box today. They estimated that it would take 15 minutes to complete.

I stopped trying to fill it out part way through. There were questions about other cruise lines with no option for "I don't know". For example I had questions about how well Viking delivers on being a ship with teak flooring and their pre cruise communications. I have never been on one so how can I truthfully respond? I tried to skip them but could not move forward without putting an answer in. 

So, I closed the survey in frustration.

• Like 1

We love WS but most things coming out of the main office always is off, has been since 1999, first cruise. No matter who I write to over the years it never changes. Latest case in point the upgrade of the website, simply off.  This is true about the survey. Lots of typos. No place for a comment. Took me about 10 minutes to take. Sort of simple not very creative. No place, crossing my fingers,  that it will never be all inclusive my biggest fear. I feel there was a hint there. I think I am a very generous person but the idea that I am paying for other people alcohol annoys me no end. I love a glass of red wine or champagne about once a day, max, only at night, I get headaches with alcohol during the day   that is the reason, certainly not judgmental, but that is all we like.  Funny survey.  As long as they keep the ships great, crew great, great food, respecting privacy, water pressure and oodles of hot water in the showers, for that is what we love and much more. Happy Sailing

Windstar needs a good IT company to fix their website.  While I enjoy sailing on Windstar, they are stuck in old ways.  It’s 2024.  In the past 2 years I have sailed on Windstar, Viking, and Oceania.Windstar is the only line that changes for WiFi.  Most cruise lines, stores, restaurants, airports, train stations,some airplanes, busses,  and some countries  give free WiFi to everyone.  When I was in Portugal on Windstar, we hired a private guide.  He told us that Portugal gives everyone free WiFi. It’s the way we communicate.  WS never told us.  Windstar might increase future bookings if they include free WiFi for all guests.   In comparing possible future cruises, Windstar was selected.  It was the free all inclusive that made the difference.  Not including tours also made Windstar attractive.  Oceania and Viking include excursions.  I prefer doing my own thing. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Windstar needs a good IT company to fix their website.  While I enjoy sailing on Windstar, they are stuck in old ways.  It’s 2024.  In the past 2 years I have sailed on Windstar, Viking, and Oceania.Windstar is the only line that changes for WiFi.  Most cruise lines, stores, restaurants, airports, train stations,some airplanes, busses,  and some countries  give free WiFi to everyone.  When I was in Portugal on Windstar, we hired a private guide.  He told us that Portugal gives everyone free WiFi. It’s the way we communicate.  WS never told us.  Windstar might increase future bookings if they include free WiFi for all guests.   In comparing possible future cruises, Windstar was selected.  It was the free all inclusive that made the difference.  Not including tours also made Windstar attractive.  Oceania and Viking include excursions.  I prefer doing my own thing. 

As stated before: love WS, love it is not all inclusive, love it does not include tours, love no standing in lines, love water pressure, love abundance of hot water,love  food, love service on and on. Sadly the main office never can get it right, sloppy writing, strange survey, website issues, we never received a survey or the summer letter from Mr. Prelog,( soon on our 30th  and 31st cruise with WS )  office staff  not fully trained,  questions can not get answered in a timely really everything and the onboard is the opposite, for us the ship experience nearly  perfect. Very odd. Wish they could fix the main office, people are nice but we need more than that.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
On 6/21/2024 at 12:04 PM, MNgardens said:

I had a survey request hit my email in box today. They estimated that it would take 15 minutes to complete.

I stopped trying to fill it out part way through. There were questions about other cruise lines with no option for "I don't know". For example I had questions about how well Viking delivers on being a ship with teak flooring and their pre cruise communications. I have never been on one so how can I truthfully respond? I tried to skip them but could not move forward without putting an answer in. 

So, I closed the survey in frustration.

I agree it was a poorly designed survey.  Not only was there no "I don't know" option, but it wouldn't let you leave a question blank.  It also came across to me as having the questions designed so as to favor what Windstar was already doing.  It made me wonder if its actual purpose was to convince you that Windstar was better than the other lines, rather than a serious attempt to determine where they could improve their offering.  In other words.... a marketing tool disguised as a survey. 

Edited by mnocket
  • Like 1