Dyson Airwrap

Mliddon

I have read on a few other forums that the Dyson products do not always work on Cruise Ships.  HAs anyone used their Airwrap onboard?  I would hate to bring it all that way to have it now work.  I know, first world problems!!!!! 😉  

I have used my Dyson Airwrap on all three ships with zero issues. I actually have 2 Airwraps - one that is 50 hz for use in Europe and 1 that is 60hz for use in the US. I have used them both on board in their respective plugs and have had no problems doing so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As I've stated before on this topic, your Dyson product may or may not work on any given ship, on any given day.  It may work one day on a cruise, stop working the very next day, and then work again the following day.  It all depends on whether there is a ground fault somewhere on the ship that day, and that is serious enough, and "properly" located to affect the electronics in the Dyson appliance.  Dyson appliances with digital motors, and nearly all ceramic element straighteners are affected similarly.

And, note that even though it is a European outlet on the ship, it is still at 60Hz, just like the US outlet.  The voltage, however, is different.

• Like 1