Presidents cruise update

Just back from the absolutely superb Boy George concert and a brilliant performance he gave.

We got there quite early had excellent seats and about twenty minutes before the start of the show just about every seat was taken and the theatre was buzzing.

An absolute full house with cruisers singing along dancing in the aisles and just having so much fun.

Boy George was very impressive and looked to be enjoying himself a very charismatic character.

It went so well he’s putting on another show tomorrow for people who did not get an arm band for this performance.

We really would if there were any spare seats love to see him again.

There is now a Capari disco party what a way to finish the evening.

Indeed what a cruise.

Last day at sea tomorrow think we need another cruise to get over this one.

• Like 14

On 6/27/2024 at 8:08 PM, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Interesting! There is a ton of conflicting information floating around, but this seems about as "horse's mouth" as you can get.

Of course, what it actually means is somewhat open to interpretation ... Project Discovery won't be as small as some have claimed? Project Discovery has been delayed/shelved? They're just not ready to go on the record?

Time will tell, I suppose ... 🤔

Or it could mean, "We are sick and tired of being asked this question.................."

• Haha 3

After the Boy George concert we stopped for a drink in the schooner bar before catching the Campari party it as expected was absolutely heaving we stayed for about an hour but were shattered so made our way back to our stateroom.

The party again was excellent and everybody were in a party mood and high spirits.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 2:07 PM, Norwich Cruiser said:

Today my friends what an amazing experience we are all having.

Everyday seems to get better and better.

We are once again luckily blessed with fabulous weather and Royal had arranged for speed boats to take us all ashore to Lerica.

On arrival there’s music stilt walkers dancing in the streets to various live music along with the Caribbean bands.

Royal have totally taken over the streets and town.

Everywhere you go it is literally swimming with cruisers all enjoying the unlimited free flowing Prosecco and beers of any kind along with traditional breads and local food.

I really can’t describe it just imagine the Rio carnival and it will give you some idea.

Whoever has organised this incredible celebration gets absolutely top top marks.

If anyone has not experienced a Presidents cruise ( this is our first ) I truly cannot recommend them enough.

I’m hoping everyone makes it back to the speedboats for the return journey but not convinced.

When looking at next years Presidents cruise I say if you are thinking about it don’t I’m absolutely positive it’ll get fully booked if it isn’t already.

I see from my friends in board that people complained 🤦‍♀️ about the Lerica event and they have been issued with $50 pp compensation. Yes that is right , compensation for a free event where everything is laid on for you!  

You couldn’t make it up!! The entitlement of some people never fails to amaze me and is probably one reason why I would steer clear of a Presidents Cruise and all the badge-wearers 

🤞you win a cruise @Norwich Cruiser and have an aperol for me! x 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 8

10 minutes ago, little britain said:

I see from my friends in board that people complained 🤦‍♀️ about the Lerica event and they have been issued with $50 pp compensation. Yes that is right , compensation for a free event where everything is laid on for you!  

You couldn’t make it up!! The entitlement of some people never fails to amaze me and is probably one reason why I would steer clear of a Presidents Cruise and all the badge-wearers 

🤞you win a cruise @Norwich Cruiser and have an aperol for me! x 

In all honesty we haven’t heard anyone complain about the Lerica event.

Yes the logistics were obviously extremely difficult to get everyone ashore in speed boats.

But somehow they managed it.

As I said previously we thought and different folks we talked to all had a wonderful day I really don’t know what more Royal could have done not only for this event but for the whole cruise experience.

I’m pretty convinced that with prices of excursions nowadays this would probably have been in the $150 to $200pp bracket.

Amazed folks complained but as you know some look for trouble and complain about anything.

In all our Royal cruises we’ve only had one minor issue when we had really loud tv noise from an adjacent stateroom about midnight.

A call to guest services and security were there in about five minutes we never heard anything from that stateroom tv again.

Indeed the following day guest services called us to check out that everything was now fine.

When we booked this cruise over a year ago we had no idea it was the president’s cruise so maybe we lucked in we certainly think so.

As you say the badge wearers are about.

Unfortunately still no free cruise has come our way but never give up.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, springaussie said:

Was any reference made on the cruise about Perfect Day Lelepa in the South Pacific which is overdue to be opened?

Royal apparently can’t get permission to start. 

I asked at guest services earlier and just got a blank expression.

The lady did go and ask somebody else but unfortunately they really didn’t know what I was talking about.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

After we’d enjoyed a very acceptable hot beef roll and a couple of delicious raisin cookies at the Park Cafe by the Trellis Bar I popped back to the stateroom to collect something and we had been left a very nice gold diamond encrusted necklace with the crown and anchor symbol attached.

Now how much gold and diamonds there are is anybody’s guess but extremely nice nonetheless.

The surprises keep going on and on.

No doubt ( not ours mind ) but some may appear on eBay.

• Like 6

So to update our last sea day and it’s warm but a bit cloudy.

I went for my usual walk round the deck this morning about 07.30 / 07.45 as I normally do before visiting the crown lounge to take out tea coffee and little scrumpy cake or donut back to our stateroom.

I wasn’t after a prime spot on the sun deck but noticed if I had of been all the sort after positions had already been taken.

Certainly more towels than cruisers about.

Today we’ve been on deck for a while splitting our time between there Central Park and of course a couple of visits to the ice cream machine and bars.

Entertainment today was a throw back to the good old days with Mr and Mrs plus bingo and the original horse racing games on the pool deck.

Unfortunately the seven days are almost over already and being late afternoon it’s nearly time to get packed before our last dinner and flight back to the UK tomorrow.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

So to update our last sea day and it’s warm but a bit cloudy.

I went for my usual walk round the deck this morning about 07.30 / 07.45 as I normally do before visiting the crown lounge to take out tea coffee and little scrumpy cake or donut back to our stateroom.

I wasn’t after a prime spot on the sun deck but noticed if I had of been all the sort after positions had already been taken.

Certainly more towels than cruisers about.

Today we’ve been on deck for a while splitting our time between there Central Park and of course a couple of visits to the ice cream machine and bars.

Entertainment today was a throw back to the good old days with Mr and Mrs plus bingo and the original horse racing games on the pool deck.

Unfortunately the seven days are almost over already and being late afternoon it’s nearly time to get packed before our last dinner and flight back to the UK tomorrow.

This is completely off the  topic of the President's Cruise ( altho I did book next years today ). If possible, can you ask if Port Side BBQ is going to remain after they do the three week dry dock in October? We are on the October TA back to Ft Lauderdale and that is one of our favorite dining venues on Oasis. Thanks.

The tumblers were accompanied by a president’s cruise saying.

WE TOOK THE MED TO THE MAX

Lets cheer to our last night on the 2024 President’s cruise.

Use this keepsake tumbler tonight and every time you want to remember the chill memories we made onboard.

How lovely of them a super little gift we really have all been treated like royalty.

• Like 5

Well my friends

Probably my last update 

This evening cocktails 

Song of Norway

Midnight Sun

Sex on the beach

Between the sheets

Slippery Nipple

Buttery Nipple

All priced at

Wait for it……………

.85c

Yes that’s not a misprint 

.85c

I know now what slippery and buttery nipples are 😅😅😅

Take care everyone 

Until the next time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Thanks very much for all of your interesting and informative posts @Norwich Cruiser. They have tempted me to consider doing a President's Cruise at some point.

Enjoy your last evening on board and safe travels home tomorrow. 😊

Thank you for your kind words they are much appreciated.

We've both had a wonderful cruise and if anyone is thinking about booking a president’s cruise in the future if it’s half as good as the one we’ve been on  we are sure you’ll have a great time.

I’ve enjoyed trying to keep you updated and tried to just post the things I think you all would be interested in.

I really do admire those folks who take the time and trouble to do a full live cruise blog.

Take care one and all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

Excellent updates, thank you!

Ad someone who’s sailing on Oasis for the first time in a week, it was fun seeing all the extras I *won’t* be getting. 😂🤣😂

But maybe some of the upgraded buffet food will still be lingering..

• Like 1

Thank you, @Norwich Cruiser, for your reports on this President’s Cruise! I have enjoyed following along with you. While you have really tempted me to sign up for next year’s President’s Cruise, I have not done so - yet! Cruises do seem to book themselves in our house, and it seemed to me that your experience was a very special cruise.

Regardless of what we end up doing, thank you vert much for taking the time to share your experience with us! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

This is completely off the  topic of the President's Cruise ( altho I did book next years today ). If possible, can you ask if Port Side BBQ is going to remain after they do the three week dry dock in October? We are on the October TA back to Ft Lauderdale and that is one of our favorite dining venues on Oasis. Thanks.

I asked at Guest Services this morning before we disembarked and as far as they are aware Portside BBQ is definitely staying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ryarger said:

Excellent updates, thank you!

Ad someone who’s sailing on Oasis for the first time in a week, it was fun seeing all the extras I *won’t* be getting. 😂🤣😂

But maybe some of the upgraded buffet food will still be lingering..

The Windjammer when we visited it was very good.

We do enjoy Park Cafe lunch times very relaxing.

Be sure to visit Central Park and the Trellis Bar ( our favourite ) early evening so peaceful and usually some nice music.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, perfect match said:

Thank you, @Norwich Cruiser, for your reports on this President’s Cruise! I have enjoyed following along with you. While you have really tempted me to sign up for next year’s President’s Cruise, I have not done so - yet! Cruises do seem to book themselves in our house, and it seemed to me that your experience was a very special cruise.

Regardless of what we end up doing, thank you vert much for taking the time to share your experience with us! 

Thanks for those kind words.

I’m sure you’ll have a great cruise whatever you decide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1