Presidents cruise update

7 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

We had an early breakfast in the restaurant this morning and left our stateroom exactly 07.50 were off the ship and in a taxi at 08.05 arriving at Barcelona airport just before 08.30.

Now waiting for our flight back to London.

Safe travels home and thanks for all the interesting info re the Presidents cruise.

Love the quick disembarking and easy drive to airport in Barcelona. 

We'll be there in just over a week, can't wait 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

Safe travels home and thanks for all the interesting info re the Presidents cruise.

Love the quick disembarking and easy drive to airport in Barcelona. 

We'll be there in just over a week, can't wait 

Yes Barcelona is just so easy that and Southampton our favourites although do miss the original/ proper Venice and Splendour of the Seas etc from there a wonderful sail a way.

20/25 minutes from airport to the cruise terminal really good.

If you have and I’m sure you will have half as a good time we had you’ll have a super cruise.

We are not back there again now until Allure in 2025.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got back, and would like to echo some of the OP's sentiments.

It really was a brilliant cruise, and the staff did a superb job. 

I didn't like that Mike was brought in to do Mercedes job as CD, but I'm sure they had their reasons. Ken was overseeing things. Dunno if he had a row with someone but saw him stropping on his own in the taxi queue to the airport with three suitcases this morning. LOL.

The only other disappointment was Jay Schneider, who prattled on about the time and effort they put into the difference between paint colours in Finnish light and Florida light. He didn't take any questions or suggestions, even though half the audience could have told him how to design cruise ships for their customers rather than by 'experts' who have never been on a cruise.

He did admit the Bionic Bar has been pointless and will be replaced by a tiki bar on future ships.

The Moet event saw the only free cruise I am aware of that was given away. Managed to pack half a dozen glasses away in my case with all the other freebies. Bags, cocktail shaker, credit card holders, wine cuddy thing, inflatable Aperol cushions, all sorts. 

The Lirica event was absolutely outstanding. Live opera, free-flowing wines. Superb, and a stunning place. I am sure the best photos of the trip.

The Aperol and Campari sponsored events were very good, with everyone getting stuck in.

After last year's calamity with Chaka Khan, you could tell the staff were overjoyed that Culture Club were outstanding. Even if you don't like his music, his voice is still great, and everyone seemed to love it.

To those not there, the most interesting things relate to gossip.

Project Discovery is about halfway through concept. It is smaller, but not as small as they originally envisaged.

They are working tirelessly on the App, and will have algorithm-based nudges to previous customers.

The horse racing was brought back, went down well, and will return to all ships.

The reason for Utopia President's cruise next year is it will see the opening of the new island (sorry, can't recall but I'm sure you know what I'm on about).

The old memorabilia event was good, and El Presidente wants a load of old stuff brought back into the on-board shops.

They will do another Ultimate World cruise, but probably not for half a decade. I got the impression the logistics were too difficult for them to go through the hassle again in a hurry.

Europe won't see any major changes. They don't get enough sell-outs and the weather creates too many unreliabilities. Africa won't get ships.

I'm sure there's more

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7