Layover question- BWI-ORD-ANC

rmzlvacationers

Husband and I are on Radiance of the Seas August 16th.  First time flying with a layover. Our schedule now is as follows:

Thursday Aug. 15  United Airlines BWI 6:37am to ORD 7:48am

United Airlines ORD 9:25am to ANC 1:11pm

Then we are spending Thursday night in Anchorage and taking the train in the morning to Seward for the cruise on Friday

I am a little nervous that the layover is only slightly over 1 1/2 hrs.  Am I just being paranoid?  

There is the same exact flight the day before (Wednesday) but I don't know if its worth changing flights (cost) and another expensive hotel night in Anchorage. 

I would be pretty comfortable with layover.  Your luggage would be checked through and both flights likely in Terminal 1 or potentially the close gates in Terminal 2.  ORD can always have issues but hopefully the morning would mitigate the risk a bit.

If you do encounter delays on the first flight, you can try to get rerouted BWI-DEN-ANC, the nonstop IAD-ANC flight or other options out of IAD/DCA.  There is also a second, later ORD-ANC flight as well so getting in that day should be okay.

Well, the reason would be that I let our TA put together the flights because she said she could get a good price. Turns out she is going through RC.  Looking back I now think that probably wasn't the best way to go, but too late to change now.  Lessoned learned for future.  

24 minutes ago, rmzlvacationers said:

Well, the reason would be that I let our TA put together the flights because she said she could get a good price. Turns out she is going through RC.  Looking back I now think that probably wasn't the best way to go, but too late to change now.  Lessoned learned for future.  

To be fair, arriving the day before with the morning train to Seward, I actually like your connecting flight better than the direct.  The non-stop flight leaves at 5:30 pm and if it got cancelled there would be few/no meaningful options to arriving ontime for the train.

yes, and I do think she got us a decent price for the flights. It's just that we aren't used to doing a layover, but I'm glad a couple people responded that they think it is enough time.  Also, since we are a early morning flight, hopefully there won't be any delays.  Fingers crossed!! (Notice I'm not so worried with the layover flight home! Ha Ha!!)

18 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

I actually don’t get Garrett’s. There’s another spot I like called Nuts on Clark. I’m an Oreo girl.

Ah I forgot about them. I do prefer them to Garrett's for sure.

I was once in Singapore and found a Garrett's...I was like "oh great, Chicago exported mediocre popcorn to the world, awesome!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Zach1213 said:

Ah I forgot about them. I do prefer them to Garrett's for sure.

I was once in Singapore and found a Garrett's...I was like "oh great, Chicago exported mediocre popcorn to the world, awesome!" 

Ya mediocre and a little pretentious. I love the vibe of the Nuts on Clark’s at the airport. Also memories of trying to not be drunk before a flight filling my stomach with popcorn. Bartender at the lounge gave me a glass half filled with scotch with 5 minutes before having to go to my gate. I can’t waist good scotch especially after 3 cancelled flights the airline loosing all my luggage.