Boarding Pass

MsTabbyKats

1 hour ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Where is the boarding pass in the app?  Is the medallion enuf to get on board?

Your APP will show a QR code a few days before sailing, but I have not had any check in agents request to see it. If you have your medallion, go to green lane with your Identification, else go to blue lane to pick up your medallion l

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wallyj said:

Your APP will show a QR code a few days before sailing, but I have not had any check in agents request to see it. If you have your medallion, go to green lane with your Identification, else go to blue lane to pick up your medallion 

Never mind...I was overlooking the obvious,!

Edited by MsTabbyKats

11 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Is the medallion enuf to get on board?

I think it is.  But I have read posts from veteran cruisers that they still print out hard copies of their Travel Summaries to take along, just in case there are questions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ecs66 said:

I think it is.  But I have read posts from veteran cruisers that they still print out hard copies of their Travel Summaries to take along, just in case there are questions.

I do this as well you never know if an issue comes up at the port so to avoid any potential delays I feel better having hard copies.

1 hour ago, ecs66 said:

I will always to print out hard copies of Travel Summaries and receipts for everything we've prepaid, including airfare w/booking number, ticket number and itinerary.

When boarding Enchanted this past April we only needed to show our passports; picked up medallions at the port.

1 hour ago, ecs66 said:

We bring screen shots of the summary mostly to make sure our OBC matches what we see on the app

1 minute ago, farjar said:

We are previous cruisers but new to Princess.  Apparently we will pick up our Medallions in the blue line at the port. I assume Princess assigns arrival times sometime after final payment.  When would that happen?

There are no arrival times just a start and end time for embarkation 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, farjar said:

We are previous cruisers but new to Princess.  Apparently we will pick up our Medallions in the blue line at the port. I assume Princess assigns arrival times sometime after final payment.  When would that happen?

As memo says no assigned arrival times.  At some point closer to your sailing you'll find in the travel summary and I think somewhere in the app it will say something like "11:00am to 2:00pm", give or take an hour.  It's the entire boarding window and is the same for everyone.

• Like 1

For boarding in Ft. Lauderdale this past winter I brought along a copy of the travel summary. I was blue lane. I never had to show anything. After going through security I went to pick up my medallion. I just showed my passport, the woman at the counter did not like my photo so she took another one. She got my medallion and off I went. 5 minutes at the most. 

We just boarded in NYC and had a different experience (slightly) from what we have always seen. As we were approaching the security checkpoint, a terminal employee (don't think he was Princess) kept saying "Have your passport and boarding pass ready." This was obviously confusing a lot of people...turns out he was talking about the screen on the app that shows green or blue lane and the QR code. This is our first Princess cruise since the new app was released. I don't know if this is "the new normal" or whether this guy was making up his own rules. He had no scanner...he just wanted to see this screen but this now seems to contradict what we've always heard about only needing the medallion and your passport. Just sharing what we experienced. 

28 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We just boarded in NYC and had a different experience (slightly) from what we have always seen. As we were approaching the security checkpoint, a terminal employee (don't think he was Princess) kept saying "Have your passport and boarding pass ready." This was obviously confusing a lot of people...turns out he was talking about the screen on the app that shows green or blue lane and the QR code. This is our first Princess cruise since the new app was released. I don't know if this is "the new normal" or whether this guy was making up his own rules. He had no scanner...he just wanted to see this screen but this now seems to contradict what we've always heard about only needing the medallion and your passport. Just sharing what we experienced. 

Interesting and probably quite true, and it's not just NY (Brooklyn?) . We had exactly the same experience in SP a few months ago. We arrived early as usual and were lined up in the tent waiting for check in to start. One of the non-Princess contractor reps marshaling the line kept yelling for everyone to have their passports and boarding passes out and ready (and being quite forceful about it as well). Needless to say we never had to show the boarding pass, all they needed at check-in were our passports.  Still, we ALWAYS take hard copies of every bit of potentially important piece of paperwork just in case.

11 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

And absolutely had a hard copy of any OBC from either Princess or your TA.  About half the time needed guest relations to correct missing OBC.

Never in 50+ cruises have I not had the obc showing in my account when onboard