Cruise cancelled - if move to another ship/date?

9 hours ago, Digjharper said:

Strange thing is, my wife and I did have the Indy cruise booked but had to swap to the now cancelled cruise as my daughter decided she is getting married on the 9th May.

We were supposed to go this year and pushed a year because my son is getting married. 

• Like 1

This leaves a big hole in our spring vacation plans so maybe a land based trip to the UK will be in the works. 

We have looked at the options given and decided to move our reservation to a TA in the fall from Lisbon on the Explorer.  We booked a suite guarantee just like we had on the Brilliance. The cost is actually less than the Brilliance by a considerable amount. Hopefully this will not get cancelled!!!   There is some time not accounted for the Explorer before Lisbon, so assuming it must be in coming out of some sort of drydock.😟 🤔

Now researching Portugal, may still make it to Porto.

18 minutes ago, westwood65 said:

This leaves a big hole in our spring vacation plans so maybe a land based trip to the UK will be in the works. 

We have looked at the options given and decided to move our reservation to a TA in the fall from Lisbon on the Explorer.  We booked a suite guarantee just like we had on the Brilliance. The cost is actually less than the Brilliance by a considerable amount. Hopefully this will not get cancelled!!!   There is some time not accounted for the Explorer before Lisbon, so assuming it must be in coming out of some sort of drydock.😟 🤔

Now researching Portugal, may still make it to Porto.

If you do make it to Porto and have the time, I highly recommend doing a 2 or 3 day cruise on the River Douro. You will get to admire the amazing scenery of the Douro wine region as you cruise along the river, as well as visiting some great places in the vicinity and trying some amazing local dishes.

We did the 3-day "Douro Charming" one a few years ago and it far exceeded our expectations.

https://www.cruzeiros-douro.pt/en/2-days-cruises

27 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

If you do make it to Porto and have the time, I highly recommend doing a 2 or 3 day cruise on the River Douro. You will get to admire the amazing scenery of the Douro wine region as you cruise along the river, as well as visiting some great places in the vicinity and trying some amazing local dishes.

We did the 3-day "Douro Charming" one a few years ago and it far exceeded our expectations.

https://www.cruzeiros-douro.pt/en/2-days-cruises

Thank you will definitely look into that.  I am a little concerned that something will happen to this cruise booking but if so a longer stay in Portugal! 

• Like 1