First Time in a Viking Cruise in the next couple months! - HELP

olocin1478

I will be onboard Viking in the next couple of months and I want to know what type of options I do have related to photo department (packages, private studio, etc) Thank you in advance. 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, olocin1478 said:

What gambling options are available on board?

Unless you organize a card game with fellow passengers, none, although they do have electronic game tables that include poker, blackjack. Backgammon, chess and checkers.

It seems you haven’t really researched Viking’s product. It’s not like other cruise lines.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

Unless you organize a card game with fellow passengers, none, although they do have electronic game tables that include poker, blackjack. Backgammon, chess and checkers.

It seems you haven’t really researched Viking’s product. It’s not like other cruise lines.

My reaction as well. The poster looks to be in for quite a disappointment. 

It's our first time on Viking as well. Can someone fill me in on the types of entertainment at night?

I know it's much lower key than on a "regular" cruise ship.

Also - We're considering an excursion, 9-11:00, the first night.  Would we be missing anything special - on embarkation evening?

22 minutes ago, Kirklette said:

It's our first time on Viking as well. Can someone fill me in on the types of entertainment at night?

Also - We're considering an excursion, 9-11:00, the first night.  Would we be missing anything special - on embarkation evening?

One that first afternoon and evening in Bergen, I think you will find folks going ashore for dinner and evening walks.  Aboard, folks will be getting familiar with the ship and resting, after a long period of travels. I'm sure that evening there will be a lecture on Bergen, but you can always watch a taping of it on demand at your leasure in your cabin.

26 minutes ago, Kirklette said:

On our recent Hong Kong to Vancouver cruise, there was a destination performance (Awa dance) the evening before passengers disembarked in Tokyo. It was repeated on the evening passengers embarked in Tokyo. 

This was one of the many highlights of our cruise. 

1 hour ago, Kirklette said:

They evening schedule typically consists of a Port Talk, Enrichment Lecture, Trivia in the Explorers’ Lounge followed by live music (typically a guitarist), classical duo in the Atrium, some sort of show in the Star Theater (solo singer, duet, musical review, magic act, comedian, etc.). The schedule changes on sea days as well as additional activities. There is usually some form of local entertainment and enrichment at some ports. Pool deck usually has a special dinner or movie night.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne

1 hour ago, Frisky070802 said:

Just sitting in the theater and waiting to be called to move on to the tender, in some ports….

Either sit in the theater or sit on the bus, we still have to wait for the (choose you own epithet) few who think deadlines don't apply to them.  I'd rather wait in the theater. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Either sit in the theater or sit on the bus, we still have to wait for the (choose you own epithet) few who think deadlines don't apply to them.  I'd rather wait in the theater. 

yes ALWAYS irritating to me....and those that saunter on and never apologize. Yes there is an occasional acceptable reason for being late BUT at least be courteous to the other 25 folks you have made wait for you!!!

• Like 1