129 members have voted

1. 1. How excited are you about Celebrity Cruises now sailing to Coco Cay

• Very excited
    • Somewhat excited
    • Neutral
    • Not very excited
    • Not excited at all
    • No opinion / Not aware

This tells us much more about the demographic of Cruise Critic members on this Celebrity board, and not the actual passenger base of Celebrity Cruises.

If you went by the trip reports, comments and polls on this board, you'd think everyone ate in Luminae every night and was pining for the return of an elite happy hour with passed hors d'oeuvre and a cheese cart 🤣

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, EatonDoolittle said:

I simply found it notable that the OP had started numerous polls in a short period of time, and all about previously discussed topics.

Maybe OP just likes numbers, or is researching for some project or another. 

OP may be working on a master's thesis.  Or has nothing else to do.

We sailed on Royal for years and stopped at Coco Cay about a dozen times. I loved it. It's a perfect beach day. Get off the ship, find a place on the beach, move to a hammock in the afternoon, grab lunch and a drink without needing to pull out any money (Seapass card works for the bars). Honestly, I'd take 3 of these ports over stopping in most of the regular ports. 

• Like 1

We were on the inaugural sailing of Beyond to Coco Cay in April. We booked Hideaway Beach Club and really enjoyed it.  

I would advise getting there early to Hideaway or any other section for chairs   It fills .up quickly.  As for a booze cruise, we drank free lemonade that was provided.   

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 8:09 PM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I see it as less than a beach, more of an amusement park, and I'm too old for that.

I’m too old for an amusement park as well, but it can be a wonderful beach day if that’s what you make it.

On 6/26/2024 at 7:28 PM, Lena11033 said:

I've not been, my December cruise is going (was supposed to be labadee) so I'm curious to walk around and have a look at everything. I'm going to see what I can do for free because the prices are extortion lol

You can enjoy a beautiful swimming pool and a number of beaches for free, no reason to spend a dime. Food at the buffets is free as are the drinks, lounge chairs around the whole island are free.

• Thanks 1

We were there this month on a RCL cruise. We did not want to pay to play. Take your snorkel gear and head to Chill Island and Cove Beach and go to Oasis lagoon for the pool.  Get to Oasis lagoon or Chill Island early and snag a lounger or two and put your stuff there; nobody will bother it. Head out towards the bouys while your snorkeling at Chill Island and look for fish life along and in the grass beds, rocks and concrete anchor blocks. At Cove Beach snorkel along the grass beds and rocks.  We saw Mutton and Yellowtail snapper, Hog fish, Bonefish, stingrays and lots of tropical fish. The food was good, taco bar was the best in our opinion. Don't know if X will have the same menu. Have been to Nassau and Bimini many times and would rather stay on the ship when in those ports. Our entire family - our kids and grandkids, spent the day doing free stuff. Marie51 is right as to not spending a dime.

We have been a bunch of times on RCI and I would be fine if an X cruise I was on stopped there. Oasis Lagoon pool, Snack shack chicken sandwich and funnel cake, swim up bar --- and leave without spending a dime.

The only time we spent $$ was when they first opened with the Oasis Lagoon cabanas, we had 8 and at $450 it was well worth it. Not so much at the $1000+ price tag.

mac_tlc

• Like 1

I’m afraid the beach scenes arent a biggie for us. We live on the Fla Panhandle with beautiful white beaches, so we cruise the Caribbean for the Ship, not most of the ports.

We have better beaches, nicer restaurants and I can buy Chinese things here cheaper than most Caribbean ports….including this one.

So…… when we go the more local cruising through the Caribbean, it is for the ship experience. Do step off some but just to wander a bit.

And it’s funny when people exclaim how nice it is for us to live in Fla and be able to just zip down for a cruise quickly……we live 8+hrs to FLL/MIA. Atlanta is closer to them!!

And of course This opinion is Very biased. 

Den