have it all include pinacle; can substitute?

mark46

8 minutes ago, scamper said:

Disappointed to hear what I am hearing about the Pinnacle lately.  Sad that Canaletto would no longer work for me.  But I guess that's what happens when your husband is a native Italian who can cook. 😁

If you are on a ship with Tamarind, try it instead, it is IMO the best specialty restaurant on any cruise line.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, scamper said:

I've had Tamarind and it certainly is good.  Unfortunately, it isn't on every ship and I am not going to choose my ship based on that.

But if on a ship with Tamarind, I would choose it every time over the PG for my HIA credit.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 10:49 PM, mark46 said:

The BAKED Alaska was frozen and the flavor was NOT Ben and Jerry's. 

That's good to know, but it's a disappointment to me. We're new to HAL and haven't eating in PG yet, but we will on our next cruise with HAL. I'm an ice cream person, and I was planning to get that. Darn.

On 6/26/2024 at 11:50 PM, mark46 said:

I have really POOR meals at Pinacle. Would they allow a substitute?

Have they ever changed the menu? We have only eaten there for 10 years and it always the same...on no ...candied bacon showed up. Boring! but lunch has a great chicken salad and dinner has good mushroom soup. We actually used our free dinners for a Pinnacle lunch and had the chicken salad. Some appetizers are good. 

So I just looked at the sample Pinnacle Grill menu on the HAL website. I was dismayed to see a notation under the "choice of sides" section (which one would expect to be included in the price of the meal). It reads $10.00 supplement. I never saw that before today and if they intend to charge for the veggies, that is extremely lame.

3 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

So I just looked at the sample Pinnacle Grill menu on the HAL website. I was dismayed to see a notation under the "choice of sides" section (which one would expect to be included in the price of the meal). It reads $10.00 supplement. I never saw that before today and if they intend to charge for the veggies, that is extremely lame.

The $10 supplement is only for the Beecher's lobster mac & cheese. All other sides are "free" with the price of your dinner.

Sue/WDW1972

• Like 3

We have used our HIA Pinnacle credit for lunch. It was wonderful. We have never had a bad meal in the Pinnacle Grill, considering either the food or the service. That said, if we had to choose between Pinnacle Grill and Canaletto, it would be a tough choice. I love Canaletto. We have never eaten at Tamarind as neither of us like the menu.

• Like 1

Thanks @wdw1972; that is an unfortunate lapse in the "graphics" department. If the "supplement" is only for the Lobster Mac & Cheese then it should be on a separate line, not lumped in with all the other sides. The layout as presented suggests that all the sides have a "supplement". I never noticed the layout before, certainly not when we had dinner in Pinnacle last year. It just seemed "new" kinda like the short lived upcharge for extra appitizers.

1 hour ago, Blackduck59 said:

If the "supplement" is only for the Lobster Mac & Cheese then it should be on a separate line, not lumped in with all the other sides.

When I look at the Pinnacle menu on my Navigator app, the lobster mac & cheese is alone on  the final line with the charge. Not lumped in with the other sides.

1 minute ago, Shmoo here said:

When I look at the Pinnacle menu on my Navigator app, the lobster mac & cheese is alone on  the final line with the charge. Not lumped in with the other sides.

So like so many things that are different between the HAL website (which I am logged in to) and the Navigator App. Another victory for the HAL IT department...NOT.

• Like 1

I just looked at the HAL website and see what you mean. It is confusing! The formatting on the website has the mac & cheese on the same line as the rest of the items. 

Choice Of Sides
• Creamed spinach • asparagus with Hollandaise • roasted baby beets with blue cheese •
• mashed potatoes • baked potato • French fries • sautéed mushrooms • Beecher’s lobster mac & cheese

US $10 supplement