Another EZ air question

latebloomer56

We have booked EZ air for Oct. I always do this then just before final payment check the rates same flight if cheaper I change. My question is this I have a choice of OBC, gift cards, or upgrade on airline (Delta), to use on my cash back credits. Can I directly use the upgrade option on our own after final payment with Delta? Never had this offer before so trying to decide stick with OBC or air.

Thanks as always for any advice.

EZAir books the air on your behalf.  Any transactions that you initiate to manipulate the reservation, such as upgrades, are between you Delta.  EZAir will only get involved if Delta decides to cancel or adjust your flight schedule due to flight schedule adjustments, and EZAir's only responsibility is to rebook you on a different flight in the original cabin that you were booked in, not the upgraded cabin.  As a word of caution... if Delta does change your schedule/cancel your flights and you have to change flights, the any upgrades will not necessarily carry over to the new flights.  These are based on availability.  It will be up to you to chase after any refunds for anything that Delta is unable to fulfill due to flight schedule adjustments.  EZAir will not help as they were not privy to these ancillary transactions.

5 hours ago, SCX22 said:

EZAir books the air on your behalf.  Any transactions that you initiate to manipulate the reservation, such as upgrades, are between you Delta.  EZAir will only get involved if Delta decides to cancel or adjust your flight schedule due to flight schedule adjustments, and EZAir's only responsibility is to rebook you on a different flight in the original cabin that you were booked in, not the upgraded cabin.  As a word of caution... if Delta does change your schedule/cancel your flights and you have to change flights, the any upgrades will not necessarily carry over to the new flights.  These are based on availability.  It will be up to you to chase after any refunds for anything that Delta is unable to fulfill due to flight schedule adjustments.  EZAir will not help as they were not privy to these ancillary transactions.

Thank you, will ask TA to check EZ air if they have seat other than the back which appears the norm. Was looking not upgrading to business maybe first, not sure. Got a nice price on round trip for two non stop so don't want to mess it up.

Dealing with Delta through EZ Air.  I was allowed to pick seat in Business Class when I created my booking.

I did investigate the option of booking PE and then using points to move into Business Class (Delta One).  There is a disclaimer on their website that says you may or may not be allowed to upgrade.  It had something to do with class of service coding.  That's as far as I could go without trying to make the change.  The site did say that there would be a pop up offering you the "opportunity"...  Decided to leave well enough alone and keep my booking through EZ AIr.  I am not familiar enough with Delta to their ins/outs.  

10 minutes ago, skynight said:

After you book there will be an airline reference number. Some airlines allow you to choose your seat right away. Some do not. I don't know Delta's policy. You can go into the Delta site with the reference number and see what you can find.

Also when making an EZair reservation some airlines allow reserving seats at that time in the Princess Cruise Personalizer.