OBC from TA

My upcoming cruise is my first cruise since 2019.  I'm getting some OBC from my TA.  In the past it's been available once I board.  There has always been a card in the stateroom stating how much I had.  I signed into cruise planner this morning and it's showing I have OBC available.  Is this the OBC from my TA?  Is it now available in the cruise planner to be used pre-cruise? 

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, jennellen said:

My upcoming cruise is my first cruise since 2019.  I'm getting some OBC from my TA.  In the past it's been available once I board.  There has always been a card in the stateroom stating how much I had.  I signed into cruise planner this morning and it's showing I have OBC available.  Is this the OBC from my TA?  Is it now available in the cruise planner to be used pre-cruise? 

Thanks!

If its showing you can spend it now. Mine has also been showing up earlier. I like being able to use it on items in the planner on sale.

When you go to check out there is a place where you have to type in the amount. Let's say dinner is 50 plus 18%, shows total $59. You have to type in the amount of obc you want to use. Its doesnr fill in automatically. 

Edited by firefly333

4 minutes ago, jennellen said:

Is this the OBC from my TA?  Is it now available in the cruise planner to be used pre-cruise? 

Unlikely - that usually doesn't show up till on board. It may be some promo OBC - yes it can be used now.

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Unlikely - that usually doesn't show up till on board. It may be some promo OBC - yes it can be used now.

I've been getting obc from my TA and it shows up either immediately or there is one he says 2 to 4 weeks it will show.

Maybe it depends on what kind of obc from thr TA, mine could be from early booking or attached to the rate and mine varys by cruise. 

This is $100 from my TA from whatever, I cant say for what. And $100 obc from stock. 

My TA obc has been showing up right away. Except for the one he said 2 to 4 weeks. Showing $200 obc and only $100 came from owning 100 shares of stock. All mine show now, none show up later on board. 

20240627_104649623.jpeg

Wow I just noticed on that screen shot excursion showing 30% off. I didnt even know some loaded. Just bought the scenic tour for bonaire. 

Just type in the amount. Then you scroll past the credit card area to the bottom and check you read the terms and conditions and click place order. OP thanks. Going to see what other excursions loaded to some other dates. I wouldn't have seen if I didnt go to make screenshots. I'll take 30% off. Yes   :)

20240627_105515946.jpeg

20240627_105552157.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

My TA obc has been showing up right away. Except for the one he said 2 to 4 weeks. Showing $200 obc and only $100 came from owning 100 shares of stock. All mine show now, none show up later on board.

I have some show up pre-cruise (promos from RC as my TA explained it) and some directly from the TA that is supposed to show up on day 2 of the cruise.

Doesn't matter to me either way. We don't spend a ton onboard but I'll spend enough to cover the extra OBC I have coming.

I have more OBC coming for my Utopia B2B's next year than I do for my Wonders and will likely not prepay grats so that I have a bigger bill onboard to use it up.

Edited by OCSC Mike

18 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe it depends on what kind of obc from the TA

The ones that show up in the planner are likely pass through OBC - cash from the TA directly is the one that may not show up till on board.

I sent a note to my TA and it is from her.  She said RC is staying to add OBC from TA to the cruise planner earlier so we can use it before boarding.  I did think it was most likely from her.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I got OBC from my TA and it does not show up until I board and have charges against it. 

By the way, whatever I don’t use I cash it in at GS. 

Edited by nelblu

Previously OBC from TA only showed 1st or 2nd day after boarding......

I was on Ovation 2 weeks ago, TA's OBC showed 3 or 4 days prior to boarding.

Going on Navigator next week.... again with 4 days to go, TA's OBC showed up on the planner just today, ready to be used.   These are not Royal's or promos OBC.... not sure what has changed..... but I like it.

• Thanks 1