Celebrity Tote Bags?

Tom and Ingrid

We seem to have a variety of "free" X tote bags from over the years.  Sadly, I didn't pay much attention to when we got them as they are given to my wife after the cruise for whatever she likes to tote around.

Some are super cheap, and some are pretty darn nice.  Was there/is there a rhyme or reason for us having gotten one or the other? I feel like, at the least, you always get the sort of flimsy, the strap will break sort by default. But I just noticed a canvas one that is still looking in fine shape.  Since we've never bought one, I wonder why we have such a mix.

13 minutes ago, Tom and Ingrid said:

We seem to have a variety of "free" X tote bags from over the years.  Sadly, I didn't pay much attention to when we got them as they are given to my wife after the cruise for whatever she likes to tote around.

Some are super cheap, and some are pretty darn nice.  Was there/is there a rhyme or reason for us having gotten one or the other? I feel like, at the least, you always get the sort of flimsy, the strap will break sort by default. But I just noticed a canvas one that is still looking in fine shape.  Since we've never bought one, I wonder why we have such a mix.

In EV on the Edge and Celebrity Suite on Summit, mine are identical and good quality, though I gave them to my daughter and DIL.

• Like 1

My first tote bag was Dark Blue (high Quality)! I have many dark grey (high quality) with the zipper pocket on the side - which I love. We use them all the time at home . Our last 2 bags are the canvas - not my favorite. I always bring the dark grey ones on our cruises because I love the zipper pocket on the side. I think it depends on the ship you are on and what is stocked on that ship. I think it is heading in the direction of the all canvas bags when the others run out.

3 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

This is what we received in our Sky Suite last month on Millennium. 

Some of our older ones are grey. 

IMG_1161.thumb.JPG.b6f99da6c018f0b73cf26df3a81097ea.JPG

We received this on our SkySuite on Ascent over Christmas.  It was lined and made a perfect swim bag - so much so that when I lost it recently I ended up buying two more on ebay. 

Our bag from the CS on Reflection in April was a downgrade - dark gray with no lining, though it did come with the coin purse.  We also didn't get robes on our Reflection trip. We didn't need them as we received great robes on the Ascent, but I was looking forward to having an extra set for our guest room. Absolutely a first world problem. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MNSails said:

We received this on our SkySuite on Ascent over Christmas.  It was lined and made a perfect swim bag - so much so that when I lost it recently I ended up buying two more on ebay. 

Our bag from the CS on Reflection in April was a downgrade - dark gray with no lining, though it did come with the coin purse.  We also didn't get robes on our Reflection trip. We didn't need them as we received great robes on the Ascent, but I was looking forward to having an extra set for our guest room. Absolutely a first world problem. 

Why would you get robes to take home from a CS?  Did you buy them?

40 minutes ago, LMHSRN said:

Why would you get robes to take home from a CS?  Did you buy them?

We got them in a sky suite (a few nights into the cruise, individually wrapped, on our bed along with the tote bag). They weren't the Frette robes hanging in the suite.  Maybe because it was a Christmas cruise? Or because the butler was going over the top?  Honestly I didn't give it any thought until now. 

20240628_144050.thumb.jpg.b2cee150427fdcf7aa47ec2009d96cd5.jpg

Edited by MNSails
Add photo