Circle Hawaii Koningsdam 1/28/25

Quick question for the experts who sail to Hawaii from San Diego?  I have this cruise on my bucket list and was thinking January would be a good time as we like to get out of the cold weather in the Northeast.  BUT how are the seas and weather?  Warm enough to sit around the pool, which we always enjoy?  If not, what is it like in October?  Calmer, warmer??

Many thanks,

5 hours ago, doone said:

Quick question for the experts who sail to Hawaii from San Diego?  I have this cruise on my bucket list and was thinking January would be a good time as we like to get out of the cold weather in the Northeast.  BUT how are the seas and weather?  Warm enough to sit around the pool, which we always enjoy?  If not, what is it like in October?  Calmer, warmer??

Many thanks,

Discussed frequently on the West Coast and Hawaii boards. It will be cooler the first two or 3 days going over...warming as you approach Hawaii. The seas can be rougher as well. Someone reported from the January cruise this year it was rough every day going out to Hawaii,  as we living on the West Coast we're in a multi day period of serious storms.

Coming back is the process in reverse. The last day or two will be colder, the can get rougher as you approach California. 

• Like 1

The crossing Jan 30 had one day and night  according to crew was the worst in many crossings.  The weather is fine for a northern  citizen.  My sixth time and don’t consider the seas rough but for the last one. Looking up to #7 coming. Nice rock and roll. 

• Like 1