Dang it. I knew I should have booked this fare when I saw it.

ldlewis45

I'm guessing it's a mistake and they found it, because it wouldn't let me complete the booking when I went back into the held booking.  It was a transatlantic from Miami to London on the Bliss in January, and it was showing balconies for $1200 pp and not applying the usual single supplement to it.  I went ahead and booked the oceanview, but I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it on me.

So weird.  It wouldn't let me book the balcony with a certificate, but it went through when I paid the deposit with a credit card.  So now I'll just cancel the oceanview one if the balcony actually goes through and doesn't get canceled by NCL.

I don't think it's a mistake. I have had my eye on both Bliss TAs (east and west) for a while and they have really been that cheap for a solo traveller. The only reason I haven't booked is that I don't want to do the flight to/from Miami at that time.

They have had a bit of yoyo pricing though. Up/down/up/down...

Edited by Asawi

19 minutes ago, Asawi said:

I don't think it's a mistake. I have had my eye on both Bliss TAs (east and west) for a while and they have really been that cheap for a solo traveller. The only reason I haven't booked is that I don't want to do the flight to/from Miami at that time.

That is insane that a balcony is that cheap.  It's literally cheaper to sail in a balcony than it is to sail in a studio cabin. 

The confirmation came through for the balcony, so I called and canceled the oceanview booking.  And, once my CruiseNext certificates get restored to my account from the other (far more expensive) cruise I canceled when I found this one, I'll be able to apply two to it, since it's more than 120 days prior to the cruise!  Even better deal!

• Like 1

You need to realize that the Bliss eastbound TA in Jan 2025 is the pre-drydock (in Brest France) crossing. Eastbound means you have several 23 hour days. January = definitely NOT a warm weather crossing. They will start stripping parts of ships toward the end of cruise.

A month later, in Feb 2025 Bliss is on westbound post-drydock TA back to Miami with same ports of calls but with some 25 hour days. Still not a warm weather crossing either. They will be finishing the uncompleted jobs and making finishing touches during the voyage.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Are you going? Are you going?

Only if I quit my job and start living in my car. I am trying to carry over my 4 remaining vacation days so I can do #SchmoopieFest in February without using up so much time in the 2nd month of the year. 

You can have the Prima TA in November or the Encore TA in December but you can't have both!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

Only if I quit my job and start living in my car. I am trying to carry over my 4 remaining vacation days so I can do #SchmoopieFest in February without using up so much time in the 2nd month of the year. 

You can have the Prima TA in November or the Encore TA in December but you can't have both!

😪

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

You need to realize that the Bliss eastbound TA in Jan 2025 is the pre-drydock (in Brest France) crossing. Eastbound means you have several 23 hour days. January = definitely NOT a warm weather crossing. They will start stripping parts of ships toward the end of cruise.

A month later, in Feb 2025 Bliss is on westbound post-drydock TA back to Miami with same ports of calls but with some 25 hour days. Still not a warm weather crossing either. They will be finishing the uncompleted jobs and making finishing touches during the voyage.

True, but I figure $1200 is pretty a pretty darn cheap way to get across the pond for a vacation.  That's basically the same price as a 1-way economy plane ticket.  I figure I'll do the cruise and then spend the next week being a tourist in London and Paris, then fly back from Paris.

• Like 4

On 6/28/2024 at 3:29 PM, Asawi said:

Totally! I booked this last month when it dropped to 899 for a solo balcony. Wasn't sure I wanted to pull the trigger, but the Double Cruise Next promotion was ending, so I had a deadline. Glad I did, because then it shot up to like 2500. Then down to about 1100. Now back up to 2500. Crazy! 

If you follow the bargains thread in the Solo Cruisers forum, you'll see several posts about this.

Edited by alanstarr