Help!!!!! Missing Cruises.

trummy

On the last cruise my husband and I took, I was platinum and his card was Red. His should have been gold. His account is missing nine cruises and we have been unable to get this fixed. We have talked to customer service numerous times. We have also sent in the information through the website's missing cruises link. All to no avail.

I would like to plan another cruise, but my husband is so disgusted that he refuses. If Carnival had this correct, he would also be Platinum on an upcoming cruise.

Does anyone know of another course of action we can take? Thank You.

Did he by chance obtain another VIP account number in error or was there an edit to his original info on/account number?  My BIL had this happen and it ended up he had 2 VIP account numbers somehow.  All his missing cruises were under the original account number and only the last 2 cruises on the most recent. Apparently the confusion began with an edit to his info online and ended up with another VIP number.  

He also had the wrong color card last cruise and that is what triggered him to start inquiring. It took a bit of time but everything was merged together in the long run and all cruises accounted for.  

Edited by Drazil65
  • Like 2

Carnival had omitted two cruises from my history (cruises in 1997).  I was able to provide reasonably complete information on these two cruises, and Carnival added them.

In contrast, Celebrity has refused to add back in some of my early cruises, even though I have my Cruise card from one of them.  

Since you are platinum,  you both get those benefits. As long as he boards with you, he gets on with the platinum. You get 3 laundry bags per cruise 7 days, that's more than enough for 2 people. He can come to D/P party with you as a guest. He won't get the gift or the pin of course. But I would say to fix it, give Carnival a call and if the person can't fix it ask for a supervisor. Also , as someone else mentioned,  check the emails or paper work from his previous bookings. It's very likely the system gave him a new VIFP number and they just need to merge the two accounts.

• Like 1

I'm wondering, as others have mentioned, if your husband has two VIFP numbers somehow that just need to be merged. FWIW, when I had this problem, it took a phone call and a form that customer service had to submit for it to be corrected. Once it was corrected, then I could add those earlier cruises.

But i'm also confused about why a 1.5L bottle of water would be the make or break for your husband?

29 minutes ago, starstruck05 said:

Since you are platinum,  you both get those benefits

Carnival's website says " Benefits are meant to recognize individual members and are therefore not transferable to travel companions." The website does mention that some of the exclusive events may include an invite for a guest like you said.

1 hour ago, notscb said:

I'm wondering, as others have mentioned, if your husband has two VIFP numbers somehow that just need to be merged. FWIW, when I had this problem, it took a phone call and a form that customer service had to submit for it to be corrected. Once it was corrected, then I could add those earlier cruises.

But i'm also confused about why a 1.5L bottle of water would be the make or break for your husband?

Carnival's website says " Benefits are meant to recognize individual members and are therefore not transferable to travel companions." The website does mention that some of the exclusive events may include an invite for a guest like you said.

I mentioned the exact benefits he would have access to. He can board with her, he can send out laundry with her information and go to the D/P party as her guest. I did not once say he would have full Platinum benefits.

• Like 1

If you want to test the idea if your husband might have two different accounts, go to Carnival website and do a mock booking and use the"forgot VIFP number" box and input his info and see what comes up. If there is more than one it usually will ask for more detailed information.

Screenshot 2024-06-28 8.44.14 PM.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, starstruck05 said:

I mentioned the exact benefits he would have access to. He can board with her, he can send out laundry with her information and go to the D/P party as her guest. I did not once say he would have full Platinum benefits.

Correct.  I am Plat and the hubs is gold.  On our last cruise he got priority boarding, he was able to drop off his carry ons, he got his laundry done along with mine. He was able to attend the plat/diamond reception.  He got priority dinning reservations and priority disembarkation. He, however,  was not able to share in my Platinum free gift, the toiletry case.  Bummer.

18 hours ago, starstruck05 said:

Since you are platinum,  you both get those benefits. As long as he boards with you, he gets on with the platinum. You get 3 laundry bags per cruise 7 days, that's more than enough for 2 people. He can come to D/P party with you as a guest. He won't get the gift or the pin of course. But I would say to fix it, give Carnival a call and if the person can't fix it ask for a supervisor. Also , as someone else mentioned,  check the emails or paper work from his previous bookings. It's very likely the system gave him a new VIFP number and they just need to merge the two accounts.

Yes, we know all this. We have called several times to no avail. Thank you

15 hours ago, Cruising_Addict said:

Sincere question, what does it matter? You are Platinum and he gets to enjoy the same priority embarkation, debarkation, water shuttles, dining times, etc, that your status gets you. 

it is possible we may not always cruise together. It matters to me because it matters to him. He should be platinum on his next cruise as well. He feels he is entitled to it, and he is.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, starstruck05 said:

Did you ask for a supervisor? What proof did you have of the previous cruises?

No, I didn't ask for a supervisor, but I will call back and do that. I have the booking numbers and dates of the cruises he was on. The lady on the phone wanted the folio numbers, which I don't have.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, starstruck05 said:

I did not once say he would have full Platinum benefits.

Also you:

22 hours ago, starstruck05 said:

Since you are platinum,  you both get those benefits.

not sure why you'd be upset that I posted a clarification link...

Edited by notscb

5 minutes ago, starstruck05 said:

However you took parts of my post out of context. But I think you're aware of that. 

I read your post for what it was and felt it would be helpful to post a clarification for OP. Again, not sure why you're on about this.

4 hours ago, trummy said:

No, I didn't ask for a supervisor, but I will call back and do that. I have the booking numbers and dates of the cruises he was on. The lady on the phone wanted the folio numbers, which I don't have.

Carnival's customer service definitely leaves a lot to be desired lately.  There shouldn't be any problem giving the cruise credits when you have the booking numbers and dates.  About five years ago, I was able to add a cruise on the Carnivale from about 1982.  All I had were some old photos that I took myself (not photos purchased from Carnival) of my wife sitting in the dining room, which was decorated with balloons promoting the soon to be added Tropicale.  The balloons helped to date the photo somewhat, and I knew the Itinerary, but nothing else.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 2

On 6/28/2024 at 2:42 PM, CGinMTL said:

This happened to me also. 

Gave me a new no for upcoming cruise in Nov 

My TA had the correct no on my reservation ? Called in and it was corrected 

Happened to us also, but it was easily resolved with a phone call to customer service. They immediately realized 2 vifp numbers needed to be merged and it was fixed.

I feel bad for OP that this has been such a pain, as it sounded to me like it was a fairly common issue.