Time it takes to get off the ship for Acropolis

mytse77

Does anyone know how long does it take to get off Explorer of the Seas at Piraeus? On CruiseMapper, it states 07:00 - 19:00. I want to book tickets to the Acropolis 8:00- 9:00. Or is it better to book the 9:00 - 10:00 time slot? 

1 hour ago, mytse77 said:

Does anyone know how long does it take to get off Explorer of the Seas at Piraeus? On CruiseMapper, it states 07:00 - 19:00. I want to book tickets to the Acropolis 8:00- 9:00. Or is it better to book the 9:00 - 10:00 time slot? 

Pireaus is a very passenger friendly port and the Greek authorities do not cause much delay.  Once your ship is cleared (this generally takes no more than 30 minutes) you can just walk-off, through the terminal, and out to taxis or the street.  On your return there is the usual metal detector/X-Ray screening.

Hank

• Like 1

Book the early slot, you have until 9 to get there and that should be plenty of time to get off the ship, grab a cab and get to the acropolis. (I assume is is a port stop, and not an embarkation or debarkation day)

• Like 1

On 6/29/2024 at 11:38 AM, mytse77 said:

We did NCL and we were off and in a taxi within 20 minutes. The taxi hit a bit of traffic and the ride took closer to 30 minutes.

I'm all about giving yourself some extra time. I'd do the 9:00a. IIRC, you have a 15 minute window before where you can get in.

• Like 1