Embarkation Time

Julma

Over 40 cruises, but first with Viking Ocean.  We have a 2:00 check-in time.  We will be there a bit early.  I know there is no guarantee that the room will be done, but I was hoping to use the spa facilities for a bit.  Will they be open?  Any issues getting on the ship early?  I know some of the larger cruise lines ask that you closely adhere to your embarkation time.  TIA

15 minutes ago, Julma said:

Over 40 cruises, but first with Viking Ocean.  We have a 2:00 check-in time.  We will be there a bit early.  I know there is no guarantee that the room will be done, but I was hoping to use the spa facilities for a bit.  Will they be open?  Any issues getting on the ship early?  I know some of the larger cruise lines ask that you closely adhere to your embarkation time.  TIA

Yes, you can board earlier than your room availability time.

We often fly in 2 to many days ahead of time and so check-in around 10:30 to 11:00 AM.  That makes it nice, avoiding the mass Viking Air bus crunches, as well as being able to take our time, have a wonderful lunch at the World Cafe or the Pool Grill.

I'm not sure however if the Spa Facilities are open, but you might ask Viking.  Might depend on if it is a true turnaround cruise or one that is a continuation of segments (when it would indeed be open).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Julma said:

1 hour ago, CCWineLover said:

I'm not sure however if the Spa Facilities are open

I just looked at our last couple of Viking Dailies for embarkation days. The spa is open 10 AM until 8 PM. However, we have occasionally found some facilities closed on embarkation days, due to maintenance.

Also note there are locker rooms in the spa with towels, robes, and slippers. No need to parade around the ship in a robe. The locker uses your room key to keep your personal items secure.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Note: I sent an email to "tellus" 5 days ago with a question and have yet to receive a reply.

That is quite outside our experience.  We are amazed if it takes 2 days to have them answer.

On 6/29/2024 at 2:25 PM, OneSixtyToOne said:

I just looked at our last couple of Viking Dailies for embarkation days. The spa is open 10 AM until 8 PM. However, we have occasionally found some facilities closed on embarkation days, due to maintenance.

Some might be maintenance, but another reason is lack of staff. Housekeeping, the help desk, and food service is staffed, and almost everyone else works on onboarding, security briefings, and walking around answering questions. The turn-over is quite an effort.

But they try to keep facilities open if there isn't a need for staff.

3 hours ago, shipboy said:

We did a B2B recently and on turnover day, we had the spa in the morning to ourselves. So in that instance, yes the spa was open.

Same with us on our B2B, which is why I suggested it most definitely is open on segment stringing legs.