Is there a soda package?

I’ve only sailed Carnival previously and always got their Bottomless Bubbles package. DH and I don’t drink, so the FAS drink package won’t pay for us. But is there a soda package we can get instead?

Posted (edited)

Yes there is. But be aware that it is only soda, not mocktails or juices etc. So it is coke, coke zero/light, Sprite, Sprite zero, some kind of orange soda (Fanta?), club soda, perhaps tonic water. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

I was offered the FAS drink package but I declined it because I'm not much of a drinker. It was cheaper to buy the soda package out of pocket because of the mandatory tip charge on the FAS was more expensive than the soda one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maxandmolly said:

Thanks. Is it available as part of FAS or do we still have to pay for it?

If you take the FAS drink package you are entitled to cocktail, mocktails, soda and maybe some other stuff.  The gratuities on the drinks portion of FAS is, I think, $21.80 per person per day.  You can decline that and buy the soda package for $9.95 per person per day but that is only soda.  Also, I don’t think you can get cans of soda, just by the glass.  You have to go to a bar or restaurant to get it.  There are also servers around the pools and other areas who can take your order.  If you think you’ll want any kind of mocktail like a frozen Mudslide without the alcohol or any of the other frozen fruity drinks they have, accepting the FAS package might be better.  If it’s soda only you care about deny FAS drinks and get the soda package.

12 minutes ago, maxandmolly said:

I don’t see us drinking $30/day in mocktails and juice. We’re really only soda drinkers. 

If you have Onboard Credit you need to spend, you can wait and buy it the first day onboard.  Otherwise, you can buy it pre-cruise.   Once you have the package, your onboard keycard will say 'Soda' and you can get your sodas at any bar or restaurant.

2 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

If you have Onboard Credit you need to spend, you can wait and buy it the first day onboard.  Otherwise, you can buy it pre-cruise.   Once you have the package, your onboard keycard will say 'Soda' and you can get your sodas at any bar or restaurant.

No OBC. We’ll likely order it around final payment time. 

3 hours ago, maxandmolly said:

I don’t see us drinking $30/day in mocktails and juice. We’re really only soda drinkers. 

It would actually be $21.80/day but that’s still more than twice the cost of the soda package.  It sounds as if soda only would be the best deal for you.  

4 hours ago, maxandmolly said:

So the FAS beverage package is $21.80/day. Compared with the $11.94/day for the soda package. So,,, basically, if you order 1 mocktail a day, you break even. If you have more than one frozen drink a day, you would be better off paying for the FAS package.