New to Holland America, website,app issues

Hi there! I've just booked a cruise with Holland America, and finding that the app says my reservation doesn't exist, same on the website, but I can get it eventually by a long-winded process. Is this normal? Also, is there any way to contact them via email/messenger etc as I'm in Spain, so calling the given number is not possible. Many thanks.

Their website is a bit wonky.  Or maybe your reservation hasn't hit their system yet.  Try shutting down your PC & restarting, sometimes this works for me.  But I am no expert, hopefully someone with more tech knowledge can help you.  Good luck

2 hours ago, aquafit said:

Hi there! I've just booked a cruise with Holland America, and finding that the app says my reservation doesn't exist, same on the website, but I can get it eventually by a long-winded process. Is this normal? Also, is there any way to contact them via email/messenger etc as I'm in Spain, so calling the given number is not possible. Many thanks.

No tech expert, but the app is really only good once you board. I find the website less problematic if I enter through an incognito browser window. I have an e-mail address for my Personal Cruise Consultant... but it sounds like you booked directly, not with a PCC. You can still get assigned to a PCC, but I'm not sure how, without a phone call.

In the States, the HAL website has a "chat" option in the top right corner. Although the symbol is a phone handset, "LiveChat" is an option. Remember they are on PDT timezone, although you may get an overseas operator at other times.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, aquafit said:

Presuming that you have created your account on the website here:   https://www.hollandamerica.com/en/eu/plan-a-cruise/post-booking/registration

Then I suggest you give it a few days to catch up.

Contact number for Holland America in Rotterdam - 00800-18731873  This is a European wide free phone number and may work in Spain.  If it does not work then the direct number for Rotterdam is +31 800 7245425.

If you have not yet created an account, then I suggest you delete the Navigator App then create your account on the website and then re install Navigator and use the same logon details.

• Thanks 1

Thank you. I booked it over a week ago, and have tried deleting and reinsstalling. It seems odd that there's no email or chat facility? I will keep trying, and sure to be back with more questions!

There are many posts here about similar technical issues. I had them as well. But, I am not sure the chat function is enabled for Europe. Here in the U.S., using the chat function did not help me resolve the app and website issues. It was very frustrating.

What ultimately worked for me was updating my iOS and I really noticed improvement when HAL then went through a system update on their end. Others have had luck with switching their browsers to chrome, Firefox, browsing in incognito mode, etc. Good luck! 

On 7/1/2024 at 11:32 AM, aquafit said:

finding that the app says my reservation doesn't exist, same on the website, but I can get it eventually by a long-winded process. Is this normal?

I'm also new to HAL, and use the website. Yes, it is a long-winded process to get to your actual reservation. Unless someone knows a better way.