New and confused about checkin

Essiesmom

I am sailing Valiant Lady July 14.  I just went in and completed my checkin…but will I be getting anything to print out?  I got an email saying I am all checked in (I hope they are amused that their program has my picture upside down), and will get another (I assume) about the health questionnaire the day before sailing.  Is there anything else I will need to board (other than passport…)?  EM

Posted (edited)

It is EASY.  No, you won't get a print out.  You will get a medical form on the app 24 hours before your cruise.  If you have completed everything on the app, you will just need to show your passport and credit card at check in.  If there is any problem that can't be quickly resolved at the check in desk, they will send you to a help desk...but this is mostly for people who have not checked in on the app.  They once had a problem with my photo--it took all of

10 seconds for them to take another one with their tablet.

You will not get any luggage tags.  The porters will supply those when you get to the terminal.

Edited by cantgetin
  • Like 2

Also know that VV is strict about boarding times. They will line up everyone in 'corrals' outside the terminal based on your check in time. So if you show up an hour or more before your check in time, you will be waiting outside the terminal until your check in group is called in. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Strict, but if you have a late boarding time (3 pm or later) it is very likely that your group will be called before the actual time.  You won't be able to jump past anyone in an earlier group, but you might be taken before your group time IF you have a later time.

My group is 3:30 so I plan to show up around 2:30.  I know I am the lowest common denominator, as a solo inside first timer…EM

• Like 1

Cabin level has nothing to do with check in time or services once you board.  You are probably already aware of the solo cruiser meet and greet just prior to the sail away party as well as the solo cruiser dinner hosted by  Happenings Cast in Razzle Dazzle on the first night, no reservation needed.  It used to be at 6:30, but I'd recommend that you verify the time.  Both are good times to meet other solo cruisers.  We had additional activities on each sea day, but I think that depends on the length of the cruise.

1 hour ago, cantgetin said:

Cabin level has nothing to do with check in time or services once you board.  You are probably already aware of the solo cruiser meet and greet just prior to the sail away party as well as the solo cruiser dinner hosted by  Happenings Cast in Razzle Dazzle on the first night, no reservation needed.  It used to be at 6:30, but I'd recommend that you verify the time.  Both are good times to meet other solo cruisers.  We had additional activities on each sea day, but I think that depends on the length of the cruise.

Thanks for the reminders.  Where is the meet and greet held?  Since I haven’t made any dinner reservations, that settles the first night.  EM

7 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Thanks for the reminders.  Where is the meet and greet held?  Since I haven’t made any dinner reservations, that settles the first night.  EM

THese activities should show up on your app after boarding.  The meet and greet is on the pool deck near where the sail away is located.   PLEASE verify because everything on VV is subject to change, but this is how it has been on each of our sailings over the last 2 years.

3 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

My group is 3:30 so I plan to show up around 2:30.  I know I am the lowest common denominator, as a solo inside first timer…EM

Arrival times are more based on when you opened the app and selected the time. Plus a little on if you are arriving day of the cruise. But mainly it’s just first come as to who selects the slot first, not cabin type.

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

I’m sure it has to do with booking after final payment, and not checking in until last week after I got home from a cruise.  EM

Final payment doesn’t matter, check in on the app can be done with just a deposit down.

• Like 1

Mom, we sailed June second with a 3:15 check-in.  They moved our line inside and up the escalator's at 2:05. Don't sweat it, you're going to have a fabulous time. Sail away on the pool deck is fantastic. Waiter's with trays of champagne and very liberal with passing it out. All you care to imbibe. It's a great party. I'm very excited for your trip. Bon Voyage.

• Like 1

So I’m sailing on Sunday and they sent me an oops email, they don’t like my picture.  I’m terrible at selfies, but I took another one.  If they don’t like that, can they just retake it at the port?  They probably will anyway…. EM

2 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

So I’m sailing on Sunday and they sent me an oops email, they don’t like my picture.  I’m terrible at selfies, but I took another one.  If they don’t like that, can they just retake it at the port?  They probably will anyway…. EM

Yes, they can re-take pics and its really quick. You have nothing to worry about.

Enjoy your cruise!

12 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I was literally scanning my bracelet to board on one cruise when security decided they didn't like my photo.  One man took his tablet and snapped a picture and I was on my way in about 10 seconds.  Seriously, by the time I figured out what was happening, it was finished.

• Like 1

I received a boarding time assignment of 3:15 on the app.

When I applied for the cruise match and was accepted, I was told that gave me an earlier boarding time of 1:15.

The app does not reflect the earlier boarding time but I was told terminal personnel would know of the earlier assignment.

Has anyone been told to disregard the app and arrive earlier as I’ve been told to do? 
Being a virgin again leaves me breathless 🤪

Do you know if you qualified for Deep Blue Extras? This is the loyalty class I just qualified for on my last cruise. I had a 3:15 PM boarding time and was told to disregard it and everything went fine. I was boarded right after Rock Stars at around 1:30PM. I will add that I called to confirm my DBE status beforehand and was told I was good.