NEW DINING ROOM CHANGES ON SUN PRINCESS IN OCTOBER?

Has anyone else heard about these changes?  Found the info on another website that has cruise deck plans.

Princess is planning on making changes to dining venues in October. Subject to change, Butcher Block will move to Crown Grill, Crown Grill will move to Reserve dining room, Catch will move to Signature dining room, American diner will move to deck 9 aft and the new Sanctuary collection dining will be deck 8 aft.

I called to verify if Princess is planning on making changes to dining venues in October.  Notice there is no mention of an exclusive dining venue for us who booked a Reserve Collection cabin before April 23.  The rep had no answers.  I will update if I get any further info unless someone else finds out and posts first.

As a side note, the location of the Signature dining room was terrible on my cruise June 8.  It opened up to a higher deck open to the Piazza which made it very noisy with a lot of traffic.  Once I had to almost push my way to the entrance due to an aerial show going on and all of the people crowding to walkway.

• Like 1

I was able to find out Reserve Collection dining will be in a separate area of the main dining room located on deck 7.  I checked the Princess app and my dining choices showed Reserve Collection Restaurant as well as Signature restaurant.  Both are located on deck 7 which leads me to believe they are combining them in the Horizons restaurant.  Just a guess on my part.

Maybe someone else can get better info in writing.  

• Like 1

Very interesting. If this turns out to be true - and I’ve no reason to believe the website that shows this tends to mislead - it means people in these new Sanctuary Class cabins are paying incredibly inflated prices for nothing more than access to the Sanctuary as the truly exclusive dining room is being replaced by a section of the main dining room much like Club Class. So pleased we’re getting to experience the original Signature Suite benefits on the TA before the changes are implemented.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, duchess7 said:

I was able to find out Reserve Collection dining will be in a separate area of the main dining room located on deck 7.  I checked the Princess app and my dining choices showed Reserve Collection Restaurant as well as Signature restaurant.  Both are located on deck 7 which leads me to believe they are combining them in the Horizons restaurant.  Just a guess on my part.

Maybe someone else can get better info in writing.  

We have a contact aboard the Sun currently and he will let us know where the Suites and Reserve dining is.

2 hours ago, Geoffa30 said:

Very interesting. If this turns out to be true - and I’ve no reason to believe the website that shows this tends to mislead - it means people in these new Sanctuary Class cabins are paying incredibly inflated prices for nothing more than access to the Sanctuary as the truly exclusive dining room is being replaced by a section of the main dining room much like Club Class. So pleased we’re getting to experience the original Signature Suite benefits on the TA before the changes are implemented.

No, it is the soon to be discontinued Reserve dining that is a section of the main dining room, on Deck 7. Signature-Sanctuary class dining will be the entire dining room on Deck 8, which is the soon to be formerly American Diner location. It doesn’t sound like it will be a mere blocked off section like Club Class. 

I do not have any information on Deck Plans other than what is published by Princess for Sun sailings after October 14th. If my copy & paste effort worked, you will see that the Reserve & Signature Restaurants are still more or less mid-ship on Deck 7. This drawing is from today's Princess' website. Sorry for the poor quality. I hope that this Deck Plan is correct, but who knows.

Deck7FloorPlan.thumb.jpg.100a02ad19be45c73cdf06ae720cfdfc.jpg 

Duchess,  if you pull up your dining reservation options on the APP,  what options does it give you?

Of course, we have no concrete info.

But, it seems that Princess will be moving these dining venues around.

I am assuming that this will be completed, perhaps starting on the TA from Europe, and the days between the SUN arrives at FLL and Oct. 14th sailing.

(Until then, perhaps Reserve is a section of the dining room on Deck 7)

It sounds like these exclusive dining options will be Deck 8 of the main dining room.

While 'Reserve' will no longer really exist.  I understand that any Reserve bookings made before this option was discontinued are supposed to be grandfathered in, and will be allowed to make reservations for Deck 8.

Again,  see what options show on the App.

6 minutes ago, duchess7 said:

when I click on Reserve, it says deck 7.

when I click on Signature, it says deck 7

when I click on Horizons, it says deck 6

It's the same information for Sun Princess cruises before the October changes, except there are separate entries for Horizons on 6 and 7.

Was just responding to wishing on a star's post.  I'm new at actually posting here.  Only read threads in the past and got a lot of good info.  Thanks for the clarification.

• Like 1

Okay,  yes that is confusing!!!

Remember, all of these are being changed around.

I would not put a lot of faith into the decks mentioned.

It doesn't look like they have updated the deck plans for these dining changes.

When they announced the new deck plan for Oct 14 and after, this mainly reflected all of the mini-suites and premium deluxe balconies that were changed and upgraded to SANCTUARY Club Class.

Yes, the RESERVE restaurant is currently a separate space, located on deck 7.  But is not the Deck 7 level of the main dining room.

If I am remembering what has been posted, by Oct 14, the RESERVE and SIGNATURE dining are going to be Deck 8 of the MDR.

The Catch by Rudi and The Butchers Block are probably going to take these spaces.

So, possibly, the walk-in but full service menu Cafe restaurant will be in one, or both, of these areas at the back of the Buffet, where these are currently located.