Sun Princess 6/8-6/22 2024 Reviews

8 minutes ago, Globaler said:

Leo37 so glad you are having a good time and please do write reviews and comment on what you don’t like so Princess can make changes. I said, it was my opinion and others may or may not agree. 

Absolutely, will do. Enjoyed reading your review and can understand some of your points of view. Only on for a week, so will share a review when I'm done! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leo37 said:

Absolutely, will do. Enjoyed reading your review and can understand some of your points of view. Only on for a week, so will share a review when I'm done! 

Curious, what do you think of the Piazza? I’m personally not a fan but Princess thinks it’s the best and is driving a lot of entertainment there. 

1 hour ago, Globaler said:

Curious, what do you think of the Piazza? I’m personally not a fan but Princess thinks it’s the best and is driving a lot of entertainment there. 

I like it. It's different to others ships: definitely louder, more going on etc. Works well as entertainment centre and for music. Visually impressive. Not sure I'd want to dine in one of the restaurants with the noise though 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Leo37 said:

I like it. It's different to others ships: definitely louder, more going on etc. Works well as entertainment centre and for music. Visually impressive. Not sure I'd want to dine in one of the restaurants with the noise though 

Try O’malleys - with the doors closed you can’t hear the outside world.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Leo37 said:

How is your cabin? Pics?

I am a huge fan of the Princess Piazza...    Love the concept.

Not a fan of how they are using it.   

Expected periods of a more relaxing vibe, and some periods of loud entertainment vibe, that don't 

overlap and interfere with he time of day/evening...  

Admitting, this is only from what I have seen and watched, not in person..  But on the Sun, it just seems, well, corporate...  like a big corporate convention...  Screens, loudspeakers, etc.  

That, I am not a fan of.

• Like 1

Thought I might add my 2 cents as I have been a loyal Princess cruiser since 2012, Elite with close to 400 days on board including 2 World Cruises plus just about every region/destination itinerary they offer, including Antarctica, and Norway Northern Lights.  All were excellent.

Started back after Covid for New Years Eve cruise year end 2021 to 2022 on the new Enchanted at that time in Caribbean.  Started to see/feel something changing then but thought start up pains after Covid down time.  Then had credits to use from Covid cancellations and did new Panama Canal in March 2022.

Starting trying other cruise lines of interest to us with itineraries we wanted (Oceania, Virgin Voyages, NCL, Celebrity, Azamara, Holland).  

Then our last Princess Covid make up cruise for 21 day Med in May 2023 on Enchanted.  After having been on other cruise lines, I noticed a difference for sure.  Not one major category, just a collective of all small little things in each category that added up to I’m “dis-Enchanted” with Princess.  Too numerous to mention here. But to name 2 - the MDR changes they made have been my biggest gripe.  We like the old traditonal fixed time, sharing table for 6. And I use nothing on Medallion except cabin entry. 

We have now found a new favorite in Celebrity, and the one reason off top of my head - feels like the old Princess I knew from 2012-2021.  And the biggest reason - so many places on board to see the ocean in quiet relaxing areas.  Celebrity calls it “forward looking/facing”, always seeing the sea).  And you can still find the fun ship passenger group entertainment venues or areas if that is your choice in places all throughout the ship, front to back, high and low decks.  

Now, all that being said, we wanted to try the new Sun Princess, primarily for the BIG changes they have made on this new ship class.  Have seen all the marketing videos, website info and photos, etc etc.  Been reading all the CC reviews.  So far, mixed reaction for me.

We board the Sun in Southampton Sept 23 for the 16-day TA back to FLL.

I will be open minded and will have 16 days to try it all and form my opinion.

Can they win me back from Celebrity…..stay tuned.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gardenbunny50 said:

Thought I might add my 2 cents as I have been a loyal Princess cruiser since 2012, Elite with close to 400 days on board including 2 World Cruises plus just about every region/destination itinerary they offer, including Antarctica, and Norway Northern Lights.  All were excellent.

Started back after Covid for New Years Eve cruise year end 2021 to 2022 on the new Enchanted at that time in Caribbean.  Started to see/feel something changing then but thought start up pains after Covid down time.  Then had credits to use from Covid cancellations and did new Panama Canal in March 2022.

Starting trying other cruise lines of interest to us with itineraries we wanted (Oceania, Virgin Voyages, NCL, Celebrity, Azamara, Holland).  

Then our last Princess Covid make up cruise for 21 day Med in May 2023 on Enchanted.  After having been on other cruise lines, I noticed a difference for sure.  Not one major category, just a collective of all small little things in each category that added up to I’m “dis-Enchanted” with Princess.  Too numerous to mention here. But to name 2 - the MDR changes they made have been my biggest gripe.  We like the old traditonal fixed time, sharing table for 6. And I use nothing on Medallion except cabin entry. 

We have now found a new favorite in Celebrity, and the one reason off top of my head - feels like the old Princess I knew from 2012-2021.  And the biggest reason - so many places on board to see the ocean in quiet relaxing areas.  Celebrity calls it “forward looking/facing”, always seeing the sea).  And you can still find the fun ship passenger group entertainment venues or areas if that is your choice in places all throughout the ship, front to back, high and low decks.  

Now, all that being said, we wanted to try the new Sun Princess, primarily for the BIG changes they have made on this new ship class.  Have seen all the marketing videos, website info and photos, etc etc.  Been reading all the CC reviews.  So far, mixed reaction for me.

We board the Sun in Southampton Sept 23 for the 16-day TA back to FLL.

I will be open minded and will have 16 days to try it all and form my opinion.

Can they win me back from Celebrity…..stay tuned.

Thank you so much for your comments and I can’t wait to read your review. PLEASE write one when you return. I really want to hear what you think. I really do hope you enjoy it and will not be offended in any way if you disagree with anything in my review. When we share, we learn, Princess listens and then they can decide whether they want to do anything about it and we can chose to sail or not to sail on Princess.

• Thanks 1

On 7/16/2024 at 1:24 AM, dog said:

How is your cabin? Pics?

Cabin is great. Spotlessly clean, spacious, big balcony, the dreaded shower curtain replaced with glass. Sofa is much larger than the old balcony with sofas on the Royal class making it more useable. I have some more critical thoughts about other parts of ship I'll share when I write a review, but cabin is full marks.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leo37 said:

Cabin is great. Spotlessly clean, spacious, big balcony, the dreaded shower curtain replaced with glass. Sofa is much larger than the old balcony with sofas on the Royal class making it more useable. I have some more critical thoughts about other parts of ship I'll share when I write a review, but cabin is full marks.

Sofa by balcony?  Another cc member is in the D0 on the other side- his sofa is by entrance.

1 hour ago, dog said:

Sofa by balcony?  Another cc member is in the D0 on the other side- his sofa is by entrance.

My sofa also by the entrance, bed by the balcony.

• Thanks 1