Plus Beverage package vs Plus FAS drinks

Someone posted on another thread that drinks available on the Premium Plus drink package are different and better than drinks available from drinks available on the upgraded Premium Plus Free at Sea package. Is this correct? It was news to me. Quite honestly, I can't imagine why anyone would ever buy the stand-alone drink package.

4 hours ago, Mississippian said:

Someone posted on another thread that drinks available on the Premium Plus drink package are different and better than drinks available from drinks available on the upgraded Premium Plus Free at Sea package. Is this correct? It was news to me. Quite honestly, I can't imagine why anyone would ever buy the stand-alone drink package.

Incorrect.

It is the same beverage package. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mississippian said:

The stand alone is the FAS, it’s $21 a day, that’s all I need. 

26 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

The stand alone is the FAS, it’s $21 a day, that’s all I need. 

When they refer to the “stand alone” package I believe they mean just upgrading the package to premium plus rather than getting free at sea plus which also gives the dining/internet/shore excursions.

In answer to the OPs question as to why anyone would just upgrade the beverage package alone, we are considering doing just that.

8 day cruise with 4 speciality meals already included, very unlikely to do any shore excursions, the additional cost for free at sea plus over premium plus alone is very borderline. I suspect that we will do it, but there is a temptation to forego those extra two meals and the upgraded internet for the saving.

• Like 1

I just upgrade the drink package alone because I'm not interested in the other fas plus items and I can upgrade the drink package onboard.  Can't do fas plus onboard 

On 7/4/2024 at 2:40 AM, Mississippian said:

Here is an overview of the extras in the P+: BEVPackageFlyerUOBP_PPBP0524.pdf (ncl.com)

Personally for me it's a combination: I love champagne (+ you get it by the bottle so I share my P+ with my travel friends who don't have P+), the better wines, the bottled water, the fresh juices and the starbucks coffees.

For me it's a nobrainer to take the free at sea plus, because it also gives me wifi.

12 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

Oh really.

I mean during dinner of course because then you can order the better wines/champagne by the bottle and thus I ask a bottle for my table and NCL doesn't mind and they even put glasses for my travel company. 

Since there are a few drink package experts in this thread, I'm chiming in with a quick question!

We are Sapphire. In the Latitude Rewards chart, it says 40% off "Unlimited Open Bar package". What is that? We have FAS but DH likes his more expensive cocktails so I was thinking of upgrading. I tried adding to the cart but there was no discount so I can't figure out when the 40% would even apply.

Thanks!

Denise

I upgraded with my wife,  she is not a big drinker but does like a good bottle of wine that does not go with the normal drink package.  I enjoy the wiskey bar and so I dont have to see the prices before I order nor see the big tab at the end.  For the money I think it is worth it,  2 extra dinners plus free wifi especially during foo ball season to watch a couple of games I want to watch.  For the extra price we decide to get that extra package.  We are on vacation so the extra money for the week is not that big of deal. 

43 minutes ago, Sundiego said:

Since there are a few drink package experts in this thread, I'm chiming in with a quick question!

We are Sapphire. In the Latitude Rewards chart, it says 40% off "Unlimited Open Bar package". What is that?

No expert, but my assumption is that you would get that discount only if you didn't have FAS and bought a package outright. The upgrade from FAS premium to premium+ is already discounted, so the 40% wouldn't apply.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Sundiego said:

We are Sapphire. In the Latitude Rewards chart, it says 40% off "Unlimited Open Bar package". What is that? We have FAS but DH likes his more expensive cocktails so I was thinking of upgrading. I tried adding to the cart but there was no discount so I can't figure out when the 40% would even apply.

Thanks!

Denise

That discount is if you bought the drink package outright, not for the fas upgrade 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sundiego said:

Thanks!

Denise

I am in the same situation 

I asked two weeks ago the same question to my NCL CC 

...........I still wait any answer from him

• Like 1