Drink Package Prices and Exclusions

If you want to purchase the classic drink package there is a charge.  If you want to upgrade to a premium drink package there is an additional charge.  If you want to purchase most of the speciality cocktails at Eden or World Class bar there is yet another charge.  If you want to get a nicer glass of wine or spirit, you guessed it an additional charge.  Drink prices on Celebrity are already amongst the highest and yet the inclusions continue to be eliminated.  Why not have a truly great premium drink package that actually includes your premium offerings rather than even more up charges once onboard?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

Why are the majority of your crew turning a blind eye to people sharing drink packages , Myself and my Husband paid $109 PPPD for a drinks package on all of our last 9 cruises with you and on the last 2 we witness crew blatantly allowing passengers to get drinks for passengers without drink packages and when reported nothing was done

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Celebrity changed their policy years ago to require both parties in the same cabin to buy any drink package. Often one person drinks and the other does not, resulting in either paying double for one drinker to have a package or no one in the cabin purchases a drink package &  paying a very high price on a per drink basis. Many other cruiselines now permit one person in a double cabin to purchase a drink package. Will Celebrity consider changing their policy to permit the drink package on a per person basis?

Edited by dabear
adjustment
  • Like 5

We have traditionally bought the basic drink package.  We’re not big drinkers but do so for the convenience as well as the ability to get sodas and waters.

Unfortunately on our most recent cruises, there is a huge sales push once we board to increase to a Premium beverage package but for us it’s not worth it.

The problem is that many of your drinks are like a $1 or $2 above the allowed limit for the basic package and we’re constantly asked to sign a slip for the difference.  The result of this is we no longer see the convenience because we’re always asked to sign so we may as well just not get the drink package as we have to sign for everything anyway and as we’re not big drinkers, it makes financial sense.

Question - is there any way if we got the basic package that we could somehow acknowledge up front that we know the drinks are an extra $1 or $2 and not have to get the slip to sign?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/7/2024 at 1:45 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Why doesn’t the Classic package included all drinks under $10 ?

a sparkling water which is $5 should be include in a classic !

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our beverage package options.

Our Classic Beverage Package covers all alcoholic drinks up to $10, and includes a selection of non-alcoholic, non-premium beverages such as club soda. 

Our Premium Beverage Package covers all alcoholic drinks up to $17, and includes a selection of non-alcoholic, premium beverages such as San Pellegrino and fresh squeezed juices. 

While we try to make as many people as possible happy, we recognize there are some guests whose preferences fall outside of these two categories. We are constantly evaluating our beverage offerings to make sure they are in lockstep with what our guests want on a sailing. We will definitely take your feedback on the complexity of the packages back to the team. 

This is the repeated answer no matter the question when it pertains to the drink package.  Copy and paste is not suitable and somewhat insulting to the posters.  Costs per drink and preferred choices are set up in such a way there's always a chit to sign even when one has a package.  I, as many others are reporting, will not be purchasing a package which defeats X marketing aim.

• Like 1

LAURA: PLEASE ANSWER the comment about requiring both cabinmates to have a drink plan. Celebrity may actually loose more package purchases when only one person drinks & the other does not. My dw & i are in this situation and we've chosen both not to buy plans but would have purchased one if possible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dabear said:

LAURA: PLEASE ANSWER the comment about requiring both cabinmates to have a drink plan. Celebrity may actually loose more package purchases when only one person drinks & the other does not. My dw & i are in this situation and we've chosen both not to buy plans but would have purchased one if possible.

Any loss on package sales could be less than the loss from 2 people having one package and sharing.  We saw that frequently before the change,  most often when 2 bars were close together like Pool Bar and Mast Grill.  

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

Any loss on package sales could be less than the loss from 2 people having one package and sharing.  We saw that frequently before the change,  most often when 2 bars were close together like Pool Bar and Mast Grill.  

At the prices charged per drink lost vs the actual costs of the drinks , even sneaking sharing, is much less.That is  $69 per day for classic vs actual cost per drink probably less than a dollar or 2/drink for the classic cheap booze.

47 minutes ago, dabear said:

At the prices charged per drink lost vs the actual costs of the drinks , even sneaking sharing, is much less.That is  $69 per day for classic vs actual cost per drink probably less than a dollar or 2/drink for the classic cheap booze.

The mix probably cost more than the alcohol 😉😁

On 7/23/2024 at 3:51 PM, Laura Hodges Bethge said:

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our beverage package options.

Our Classic Beverage Package covers all alcoholic drinks up to $10, and includes a selection of non-alcoholic, non-premium beverages such as club soda. 

Our Premium Beverage Package covers all alcoholic drinks up to $17, and includes a selection of non-alcoholic, premium beverages such as San Pellegrino and fresh squeezed juices. 

While we try to make as many people as possible happy, we recognize there are some guests whose preferences fall outside of these two categories. We are constantly evaluating our beverage offerings to make sure they are in lockstep with what our guests want on a sailing. We will definitely take your feedback on the complexity of the packages back to the team. 

Canned response in lieu of directly addressing the issue. Celebrity has gone significantly down hill in the past 2 years. Charging double for fares, drink packages, drinks, etc.  Allthewhile downgrading what offerings are included across the board.  It is just for this reason, I will not sail Celebrity again after my October cruise. Overpriced for below average offerings.

• Like 2

If Laura cannot answer the question of requiring both pax in a cabin to have a package or neither of them as one is not permitted , this & other issues may cause our cruise next month to be last of many X cruises. An elite + cruiser solely on X.

14 hours ago, dabear said:

If Laura cannot answer the question of requiring both pax in a cabin to have a package or neither of them as one is not permitted , this & other issues may cause our cruise next month to be last of many X cruises. An elite + cruiser solely on X.

bye bye,,,,,same elite plus but understand the reasoning   but if you dont definitely go elsewhere 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, bikerunner said:

bye bye,,,,,same elite plus but understand the reasoning   but if you dont definitely go elsewhere 

Thanks for your concern. Actually we would prefer having posters like you no longer post ignorant or insensitive,  aloof comments or cruise on X. I understand the reasoning but don't cheat to try to sneak a drink for someone else! 

Edited by dabear
  • Like 1

I would like to have Laura address the excessive extra pay for everything, including the drink package especially when their competitor, Princess, can provide a package for $60 pp/pd that includes all drinks up to $15, gratuities, wifi, desserts, casual meals, room service, etc. And when I get a "flash sale" on the drinks package, its still $65 pp/pd and only includes drinks to $10.

Is it that Celebrity provides a much superior product to Princess so the cost associated is warranted to provide that elevated product? I don't think so. My next Celebrity cruise I will pay per item for drinks and dining (since I have 2 kids which would actually be required to also purchase the AI package too).

• Like 2

On 7/24/2024 at 7:25 AM, dabear said:

I am not sure you know this but you can call Celebrity and have them add a drink package for one guest and the non-alcoholic drink package for the other. Maybe that would work for you.

• Thanks 1

thanks for your comment. However, paying $31/day for essentially water & soft drinks doesn't appeal to dw or me. 

Celebrity has one of the most complicated drinks packages and as expected this was not answered by the president.  Last time we cruised Celebrity we had the Classic drink package, as we have had several times before.  Celebrity had increased the amount that was included from $9 to $10, but at the same time they had also increased the prices of several of the drinks as well.  Husband noticed that many of the beers that had previously been included were not any more and were priced just a $1 or $2 higher, which was very disappointing.  Why have they priced several of the drinks out of the Classic package that had been included and can't they simplify what is included but just a standard dollar amount and not have all the exclusions?

4 hours ago, mousehole said:

Celebrity has one of the most complicated drinks packages and as expected this was not answered by the president.  Last time we cruised Celebrity we had the Classic drink package, as we have had several times before.  Celebrity had increased the amount that was included from $9 to $10, but at the same time they had also increased the prices of several of the drinks as well.  Husband noticed that many of the beers that had previously been included were not any more and were priced just a $1 or $2 higher, which was very disappointing.  Why have they priced several of the drinks out of the Classic package that had been included and can't they simplify what is included but just a standard dollar amount and not have all the exclusions?

This is also my biggest pet peeve as it usually results in the waiter bringing a receipt that I need to sign to approve the difference.