Live From the Sky Princess, 21-Day Norway-Baltic B2B, Jul 13 – Aug 3

The below link is more of a reference for me to help identify different types of gulls we might come across as we visit different ports in the Baltic. So far watching the birdlife in the gull rookery across the way, we’ve seen active nests for both Herring and the Lesser Black-backed Gulls.

IMG_1368.thumb.jpeg.b02bfb9d7a56a97338db0078ca577cc6.jpeg

IMG_1369.thumb.jpeg.6a532e671ed99401044baafa20635622.jpeg

https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/how-identify/identify-gulls

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Malleykatt said:

More seagulls there than last year. We're on board and on the balcony. Further down the water from us we can see Celebrity Apex  and P&O Ventura &  Iona.

Waiting as a "number" of people have not completed the safety instructions 🙄 

At the start of the last leg when they made that announcement, there were still 1100 passengers that had not check in yet. Magically, though, we pretty much left on time. And pretty much like last week, the rain briefly came to wish us a fond farewell as well! 😂

IMG_1371.thumb.jpeg.ff87bc90b87911429baf46b5c561e393.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

And we’re off!

IMG_1382.thumb.jpeg.9428a1160d5ce09fe7e4407e809d24af.jpeg

Next stop Skagen, Denmark, day after tomorrow! 😁

IMG_1378.thumb.jpeg.1a5e386d79ce924b08836b4191181699.jpeg

And what I can tell from “Windy”, the weather is looking pretty good in the Baltic for at least the next 7 days with the highs ranging in the low to mid 70s! Yay! 😁

• Like 4

Which terminal did you leave from?  Which deck did they use for embarkation?

The Baltic is one of my favorite itineraries.  Nice to have family onboard on this segment.  Have a wonderful time...how could you not with the bird (pigeon/seagull) send off you had!

53 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Which terminal did you leave from?  Which deck did they use for embarkation?

The Baltic is one of my favorite itineraries.  Nice to have family onboard on this segment.  Have a wonderful time...how could you not with the bird (pigeon/seagull) send off you had!

Thanks! We were docked at the same pier as last week. According to CM, we were docked at the Wallenius-Willhelmsen Terminals. But since we never got off the ship, that’s all I know. 😁

IMG_9387.thumb.jpeg.8dfd471f9712b54ae8e3c1ae833982cd.jpeg

Your obsession with pigeons reminds me of an old joke:  Sometimes you are the pigeon, sometimes you are the statue.

Bon voyage. I love the Baltics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi  

We left from Queen Elizabeth cruise terminal and I think deck 5 was used today.

Had a wait at Soleil restaurant tonight but all good so far. Chilling in vines.

• Thanks 2

After our complimentary dinner in the Crown Grill, we headed off to the theater to listen to a performance by Peter Howarth.

IMG_1383.thumb.jpeg.694b9f48f8ec9e6d5facafc6b0ec2c00.jpeg

IMG_1390.thumb.jpeg.a20bd2c3c2e31fa8082a775049e0373c.jpeg

We then headed to Princess Live to watch the very funny game show The Sky Is The Limit. This game show is definitely a lot of fun! 😁

IMG_1391.thumb.jpeg.1ec890423a797ec370acc3eeae7b1e97.jpeg

IMG_1393.thumb.jpeg.881e9a48504587674be490f4088a9f07.jpeg

• Like 3

Good morning from somewhere in the North Sea!

IMG_1398.thumb.jpeg.4b4be7a08fe94b80bcb9a20a651246c1.jpeg

We’re heading for the northern tip of Denmark where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Baltic Sea. 

IMG_9405.thumb.jpeg.47acf2b27a042b88a54b49d2e45d03fa.jpeg

Unfortunately, the forecast for Skagen is calling for rain in the morning but clearing out by the afternoon.

IMG_9406.thumb.jpeg.d7ab8760299eb90acc9fa7790cc6e72a.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, treesah said:

Your obsession with pigeons reminds me of an old joke:  Sometimes you are the pigeon, sometimes you are the statue.

Bon voyage. I love the Baltics.

So true! But I think my obsession is more about taking photos of any wildlife we come across when we’re on a cruise rather than just those “elusive” pigeons. But more importantly the “hunt” for pigeons and gulls helps to keep us acutely aware of other wildlife, large or small as well as any marine life, we might otherwise simply pass by.

But I also have to say there is a lot more unique wildlife to be seen south of the equator,

IMG_9407.jpeg.216302767fa05dd5f17b38e34ca53339.jpeg

with the exception of Alaska of course! There are definitely some awesome wildlife to see there as well! 😁

IMG_9629.thumb.jpeg.cc410e47aa25b74e444c1961fa6a4aca.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

But more importantly the “hunt” for pigeons and gulls helps to keep us acutely aware of other wildlife, large or small as well as any marine life, we might otherwise simply pass by.

This reminded me in Stavanger we did the Rødne Lysefjord cruise that included a stop at the Hengjanefossen waterfall (just up-fjord from Preikestolen).  All around the shoreline near that waterfall were these beautiful blue jellyfish (for lack of more specific identification). I only had my cell phone available for pictures, the boat was moving, the jellyfish were moving, the phone wasn't ready and while I got some pictures, none came out good.  Made me wish I had my better camera available or at the very least as you mention Ken I was more "alert" for wildlife like this.   Regardless, this is the better of the pictures I got.

IMG_8087.JPEG

Edited by PATRLR
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just caught up with your 7 day cruise. Fabulous pictures. Looking forward to following along on this one. Friends of mine did a similar Baltic itinerary with NCL in May from Le Havre. Enjoy your cruise!!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

This reminded me in Stavanger we did the Rødne Lysefjord cruise that included a stop at the Hengjanefossen waterfall (just up-fjord from Preikestolen).  All around the shoreline near that waterfall were these beautiful blue jellyfish (for lack of more specific identification). I only had my cell phone available for pictures, the boat was moving, the jellyfish were moving, the phone wasn't ready and while I got some pictures, none came out good.  Made me wish I had my better camera available or at the very least as you mention Ken I was more "alert" for wildlife like this.   Regardless, this is the better of the pictures I got.

IMG_8087.JPEG

That sounds awesome to have seen. We will be back here next year on the Celebrity Eclipse and will look for an excursion to that area. Was your excursion on a regular boat or was it on one of those RIB boats?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That sounds awesome to have seen. We will be back here next year on the Celebrity Eclipse and will look for an excursion to that area. Was your excursion on a regular boat or was it on one of those RIB boats?

We did this one in Stavanger: https://rodne.no/en/fjord-experiences/stavanger/fjordcruise-lysefjord-preikestolen/, it's a regular ship.  They give you exactly what they say in the description and they are very nice, modern ships.  That being said, after having been in the deep fjords for Skjolden (where we also did a RIB) and Olden, this specific fjord cruise was just OK. Over 1/2 the cruise is just getting to/from the Lysefjord and Preikestolen is simply not as impressive from the water as it is in pictures taken from above (no surprise there).  It's a very nice leisurely day on the water with some nice scenery - nothing more.  If you do the Rødne cruise, plan to get in line 1 hour early to get on the ship and assure yourself a good seat.  We got there about 1/2 hour early and the line already hundreds deep.  
If I were to do Lysefjord again, I'd probably do a RIB instead.  

Edited by PATRLR
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

We did this one in Stavanger: https://rodne.no/en/fjord-experiences/stavanger/fjordcruise-lysefjord-preikestolen/, it's a regular ship.  They give you exactly what they say in the description and they are very nice, modern ships.  That being said, after having been in the deep fjords for Skjolden (where we also did a RIB) and Olden, this specific fjord cruise was just OK. Over 1/2 the cruise is just getting to/from the Lysefjord and Preikestolen is simply not as impressive from the water as it is in pictures taken from above (no surprise there).  It's a very nice leisurely day on the water with some nice scenery - nothing more.  If you do the Rødne cruise, plan to get in line 1 hour early to get on the ship and assure yourself a good seat.  We got there about 1/2 hour early and the line already hundreds deep.  
If I were to do Lysefjord again, I'd probably do a RIB instead.  

Thanks for your insight. That really helped! Right now X only has one excursion available to book in Stavanger. So we’ll probably hold off booking anything there until we see what they eventually have to offer.

Thank you for sharing your journey! We just got back a couple of weeks ago from the Land of Midnight Sun cruise on Sky and it was amazing. We are very close to booking a Baltic cruise with your same itinerary for next summer so are very excited to follow your adventures and get your perspective. Enjoy this next leg of your trip!!

• Thanks 1

Today was a relaxing day at sea. After lunch we went to the Vista Lounge to listen to Hypnotist David Knight.

IMG_1420.thumb.jpeg.1579cfce7f0af566cc45fdfa7d5cdc87.jpeg

Then after another tasty Formal Night dinner, we got to the theater about 30 minutes in advance to get good seats for the Rock Opera production show.

IMG_1422.thumb.jpeg.1b1561572bf872f1ccc7ea68150dbc6c.jpeg

Just a word to the wise if you would like to see this awesome show on an upcoming cruise. Come at least 20-30 minutes before the show starts. This photo was taken 15 minutes before showtime. Five minutes later all the seats were pretty much gone.

IMG_1424.thumb.jpeg.6e52550b7bb5cd3377434d7962ef72de.jpeg

IMG_1434.thumb.jpeg.5859ffc7544e8a5e27336105ce88cf10.jpeg

Then we left as soon as the last song was sung to head to the Vista Lounge at the other end of the ship to get good seats in the Laugh Lounge to watch the guest comedian, Josh Daniels, and it was well worth it. He was a hoot his entire performance! 😂

IMG_1452.thumb.jpeg.8b26255bd1f8959a183e4386fab75279.jpeg

• Like 5

Day 10 - July 22 - Skagen, Denmark

IMG_1461.thumb.jpeg.57560e733cbd775ccd9da4aaac589187.jpeg

IMG_1458.thumb.jpeg.c7bcf78981714226658830a8efa511ba.jpeg

IMG_1460.thumb.jpeg.b23563438dbbb0fa297223589c0392f7.jpeg

IMG_1455.thumb.jpeg.39386167039b97460513652267392a21.jpeg

IMG_9466.jpeg.09aa491d00c99ebfa9193528162b8f86.jpeg

Luckily, we don’t have an excursion booked for tomorrow as the forecast is not looking too good right now with heavy rain forecasted during the morning hours.

IMG_9467.thumb.jpeg.7f1f91d5d2cfe438cba98053c62bf5ef.jpeg

IMG_9468.thumb.jpeg.28e0ff31f9613c6fa04f9a3e6396c164.jpegIMG_9469.thumb.jpeg.a856ae0cef156365823616785e666d66.jpeg

• Like 3

I sure hope all ships across the fleet are bri bing back the expanded Patter and printed destination guides.

The print on the port guides on the app are so small.  I haven’t seen this option recently, has it been removed?

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I sure hope all ships across the fleet are bri bing back the expanded Patter and printed destination guides.

The print on the port guides on the app are so small.  I haven’t seen this option recently, has it been removed?

Here’s what’s on my App today regarding Skagen. Maybe that’s why we’re getting the paper copy delivered to our cabin the night before arrival? 🤔

IMG_9474.thumb.jpeg.7623e32411b26f70966809757852674f.jpeg

• Thanks 1

My dh has a question that you may have covered many pages back.  He wants to know how dressy men got on formal night?  Suits, tuexedos?  Nice shirt and tie?  Thanks.