Live From the Sky Princess, 21-Day Norway-Baltic B2B, Jul 13 – Aug 3

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I have to admit I haven’t been looking. I know we checked and jeans are “officially” allowed in the MDR, as our DD likes to wear them on occasion on non-formal nights.

Thanks.  He already knows they won't turn him away (he has worn one before in the MDR).  We are trying to do carry on but I told him he would feel more "in place" with a polo.  He does like to dress up.

Edited by dickinson
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

And we’re off! Next stop is Stockholm, Sweden, day after tomorrow!

IMG_2055.thumb.jpeg.0a9fefb82d22ee746743177ed969cb61.jpeg

There were 13 white swans swimming around near the ship as we were leaving. It was a nice end to a fun day in the former East German town of Warnemunde. 😂

IMG_2059.thumb.jpeg.74cdb9f7ba418a71bfd245dc2a7066b9.jpeg

IMG_2062.thumb.jpeg.011d398e26b0eb57515ef1c2124c85de.jpeg

I almost forgot to mention, we were able to take a photo of the elusive and very colorful Warnemunde Pigeon! 😂

IMG_1940.thumb.jpeg.b12e931058a764abbb901b2f1bbd5913.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 7

Just looking at your events schedule I see ( or rather don’t see) any sign of ballroom dancing. I must admit it was only a token gesture last year when we were on Sky. At the appointed hour a member of staff pushed a few tables and chairs around to reveal a small dance floor and recorded music was played without a compère. 
To my point: has ballroom and sequence dancing been removed from all Princess ships? 

8 hours ago, Ranchi said:

Just looking at your events schedule I see ( or rather don’t see) any sign of ballroom dancing. I must admit it was only a token gesture last year when we were on Sky. At the appointed hour a member of staff pushed a few tables and chairs around to reveal a small dance floor and recorded music was played without a compère. 
To my point: has ballroom and sequence dancing been removed from all Princess ships? 

We haven’t seen any signs of ballroom dancing. But at the same time, we don’t do that either. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SolentCruises said:

I'm onboard 3rd August cruise, what are the shops like? as hoping to get hold of a ship model to add to my collection when I go onboard

We found what I believe you’re talking about in the shops on deck 7 port side. 

IMG_2066.thumb.jpeg.5a23e8dc41fc8eace0f1bb9ee092be1e.jpeg

Morning Ken

I think your weather will continue to improve as you sail to Stockholm.

The sail through the archipelago to Stockholm is on our list of the best things we did on a cruise.

Enjoy

Peter 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Morning Ken

I think your weather will continue to improve as you sail to Stockholm.

The sail through the archipelago to Stockholm is on our list of the best things we did on a cruise.

Enjoy

Peter 

Thanks for the heads up. It will be an early arrival tomorrow. But we will leave Stockholm the following day in the early afternoon, which should make for awesome viewing from our balcony. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Today at sea has been quite peaceful.

IMG_2081.thumb.jpeg.217728ad9eabfaeb568e16bb9b9ab135.jpeg

Went to the morning port talk which covered Stockholm, Sweden and Tallinn, Estonia and plan on going to the afternoon one that talks about Helsinki, Finland and Visby, Sweden. But the rest of the day I’ll probably just be relaxing on the balcony waiting for some whales or dolphins to come passing by. Like that’s going to happen in the Baltic! 😂

But until then I’ll take what wildlife scenery I can. Take for example this cute little midge hanging out on our balcony door!

IMG_2079.thumb.jpeg.31c8c0a672d88d911c078673993394a6.jpeg

Then for those that love towel animals, this awesome little guy is what our stewards made for our grandson! 😁

IMG_2082.thumb.jpeg.5df6c7e2c77cdff251479b44bf4b67ad.jpeg

Then just now, we saw a bunch of Algal blooms floating on the water. I have to say we have seen it quite often in the Caribbean, but didn’t expect to see it this far north in the Baltic! 😱

IMG_2083.thumb.jpeg.2d8b858e7289e51e09957fc0fc4ebd1e.jpeg

• Like 9

We went to the afternoon port talk covering Helsinki and Visby, and I have to say this is the most people we’ve ever seen at a port talk, on any ship we’ve cruised on! The theater was packed! Although I must add, we really enjoyed the presenter Veni Shykin! 😁

IMG_2085.thumb.jpeg.f0422c406c2f436c2a7f6586906c1584.jpeg

• Like 6

Noticed an island off in the distance,

IMG_2086.thumb.jpeg.deaebc7e36dba11939fb117f00687f47.jpeg

so I had to bring up CM to see which one it was. Low and behold is was Visby, Sweden, which we will be visiting later on in the cruise.

IMG_9977.thumb.jpeg.afd1112ec33339ba839c4528ffc1dc89.jpeg

And since the sky was so clear, it got me thinking about the weather for the next couple of days in Stockholm. So far the forecast is looking pretty favorable. 🤞

IMG_9979.thumb.jpeg.f04d6a0fc333076656af641c5dc3bc34.jpeg

• Like 6

On our two cruise visits to Stockholm in the summer the weather has been great. Helsinki and Tallinn too.

Had it been bad I doubt I would have booked another Baltic cruise for 2025.

I'm confident Ken you will get great weather shortly!🙏

• Like 1

Hi Ken.

Quick question.  We did the same tour yesterday to Schwerin.  Gorgeous views but we didn't get any tone in Rostock.  Did you have time off of the coach? We were in group 12.

Thanks.

59 minutes ago, Malleykatt said:

Hi Ken.

Quick question.  We did the same tour yesterday to Schwerin.  Gorgeous views but we didn't get any tone in Rostock.  Did you have time off of the coach? We were in group 12.

Thanks.

We were in group 11. If I recall your group 12 dined at the same time as us with your set of tables to the left of ours as you walked into the back outdoor dining area. BTW on our walk to the restaurant the trolley train passed us by with group 10 inside, who later showed up at the restaurant just as we were leaving. Unfortunately, we didn’t get to ride on the trolley train for some mechanical reason after lunch. I wonder if that’s why group 10 was so late?

So we instead walked over to the nearby square where we hung out for about 30 minutes before walking to our bus. That’s where I took the photos of that interesting statue. Then it took us about an hour to get to Rostock. We stopped at the downtown square for about 30 minutes, where I took pictures of the church and other things. Then we headed back to the ship, which took about 20 minutes.

Did your group 12 get to ride in a replacement trolley train after lunch?

Hi Ken. 

Yes, we rode the trolley to the square and then lunch. Yes there was a brake problem and they were smoking when we got off. My husband spoke to the driver and told him. The smell and noise on board was awful. He wanted 2 people sitting on chairs he added. We had a delay of 1/2 hour at the castle and never made Rostock.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Malleykatt said:

Hi Ken. 

Yes, we rode the trolley to the square and then lunch. Yes there was a brake problem and they were smoking when we got off. My husband spoke to the driver and told him. The smell and noise on board was awful. He wanted 2 people sitting on chairs he added. We had a delay of 1/2 hour at the castle and never made Rostock.

So here’s my question. Did you have a late lunch at the restaurant with your group being the only ones there? If so and with your 30 minute delay at the castle, that would explain why you didn’t have time to stop at Rostock. 

If your group ate by yourselves, then we must have seen your group in the trolley rather than group 10. 

21 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here are some photos from our 4.5 hour excursion today.

Thanks @Ken the cruiser

Next year we are planning a day visiting Schwerin & Rostock independently.

Whilst my wife may well do an inside visit at the castle, I am less inclined preferring wandering the towns.

We could do both independently and meet up again in Schwerin. 

Any comments about the inside tour of the castle  please ? 

Yes we had the place to ourselves. The castle guide held us up but then rushed us through the rooms. Shame we missed Rostock. 

Going to watch the show now "Spotlight Bar" in the theater. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

Thanks @Ken the cruiser

Next year we are planning a day visiting Schwerin & Rostock independently.

Whilst my wife may well do an inside visit at the castle, I am less inclined preferring wandering the towns.

We could do both independently and meet up again in Schwerin. 

Any comments about the inside tour of the castle  please ? 

TBH after being wowed by going through the Frederiksborg Castle in Denmark (post 255), going through the Schwerin Castle wasn’t all that special. It was OK. Just nothing to write home about. But the outside sure looked pretty cool! 😁

• Thanks 1

Tonight after another tasty Formal Night dinner, we headed to the theater to watch the production show Spotlight Bar.

IMG_2097.thumb.jpeg.2f83f0afc696b69ec7862033a5dd2d08.jpeg

IMG_2106.thumb.jpeg.175d119bf01d63850b1b4e73df0db714.jpeg

Then we scooted out near the end and headed over to Princess Live to get good seats for the Liar’s Club game show, which is always a hoot!

IMG_2118.thumb.jpeg.ea1b00e4481c6399d9c9093f290fedfe.jpeg

• Like 3