Celebrity sales on excursions and wifi

cmp03

Booked first Celebrity Cruise earlier this week and see how they have a sale on all the excursions and wifi.  Are they always on sale for these prices prior to boarding ship or are the a specific sale happening now?  The wifi is $20.99 but says normally $28.00/day, just curious if I need to just pay for it now or if I can wait till closer to the cruise sailing date (november).  Same question would apply for specialty dining and excursion sale prices.

Thanks!

I expected a big July 4 sale, instead they ran a bigger sale 2 weeks ago.  As cruisestitch said, sales come and go.  Black Friday is in late November but that may be too late for you.  It is always a game.  Specialty restaurants and shore excursions are based more on supply and demand.

• Like 3

@cmp03 Most experienced Celebrity cruises watch for sales and then book what they want.  After that we continue to watch the prices and if we see a lower price then we cancel the first purchase and purchase again at the lower price.  On our last cruise, I repurchased five of our shore excursions going from a 15% discount to a 40% discount on a flash sale.   

My next cruise is showing WiFi as $23.99 per day, so if you see $20.99 per day now, I would purchase and then start looking for lower pricing.  If you see it later offered at a lower price, cancel the first purchase and then repurchase for the lower price. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

I expected a big July 4 sale, instead they ran a bigger sale 2 weeks ago.  As cruisestitch said, sales come and go.  Black Friday is in late November but that may be too late for you.  It is always a game.  Specialty restaurants and shore excursions are based more on supply and demand.

Last Fall the Black Friday Sale started in October and I used it on my November and Feb Cruises.  Was the best price of the year.  I'm watching for it again.

• Like 2

Book now if the prices work for you and then keep checking their website to see if any sales come up with better prices.   If you see a lower price, cancel the more expensive one already booked and then rebook with the new, lower price.   Check pricing frequently, but especially around holidays.   

56 minutes ago, Andy_Pr said:

Last Fall the Black Friday Sale started in October and I used it on my November and Feb Cruises.  Was the best price of the year.  I'm watching for it again.

I don't recall exactly when they ran it but wifi was being sold at 50% off and I grabbed it for our January Beyond trip.  Still playing the game for this August.  The game gets complicated by being Elite and getting 30% off of the base price if there is not a great sale.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 7:22 PM, cmp03 said:

Booked first Celebrity Cruise earlier this week and see how they have a sale on all the excursions and wifi.  Are they always on sale for these prices prior to boarding ship or are the a specific sale happening now?  The wifi is $20.99 but says normally $28.00/day, just curious if I need to just pay for it now or if I can wait till closer to the cruise sailing date (november).  Same question would apply for specialty dining and excursion sale prices.

Thanks!

Sales are all smoke and mirrors. I booked the AI and for $50 a day I got the classic drink package and basic WiFi. When I checked the prices after I booked they established starting price. Classic drink package was $73.99 reduced from $86.99. A few days later the drink package was reduced to $53.99 from $73.99. No mention of the original $86.99. It's not a sale. It's a cancelation of a mark up. Keep looking and when it goes to a price that you are willing to pay purchase it. I don't remember what WiFi cost but they were playing the same game.  The lesson I learned was to book the AI if it seems reasonable for our drinking habits. $50 a day for both WiFi and drinks works for us. Worse case had it been less money after the booking I would have called to have it adjusted. You can bet that will never happen.  The restaurant discounts are a joke. If you aren't picky you can score a better discount on board from the waiter trying to fill spots at slow times and days and for restaurants that just aren't selling. Check the Port of call board or your roll call for information on Private excursions. Many times the company that provides the excursions for the cruise line will sell the same private and group tours with out cruise line middle man.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 1