Suggestions To Crystal

Cruisecyp

19 hours ago, Cjohns16 said:

I think those who want to dine in casual mode really should swip right and dine port side. This also includes those who need to face time and shout with loud voices.

It would be rather ridiculous to segregate people in the dining room but they would still be together in the bars, the showroom, etc. Just my opinion. Let’s face it, that ship has sailed. You are not required to like it but you might as well accept that times have changed. 

Patty

• Like 8

If my favorite table and wait staff were on the port side but I was told I had to eat on starboard side due to dress rules I'd be very unhappy.  Although I think people should follow rules, there are much more important things on a cruise than people dressing properly

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2024 at 11:08 PM, Kane said:

Ballroom dancing seems to have pretty much vanished everywhere else ... swing or stay seated.🙁

Come to South Palm Beach.  Three new ballrooms have (or will) opened in the last two months in addition to the many that already existed.

On 7/16/2024 at 8:26 PM, krb1000 said:

On our recent (June 24-July 9) Serenity sailing, less than 15% or so in formal attire …and many in jackets sans ties. (Ties are not required). 

Same with the recent Miami-San Diego sailing

On 7/13/2024 at 11:36 AM, LNugent said:

It sounds like Crystal may need to rethink ballroom dancing or at least the venue. 

On another topic, thoughts on face-timing and talking on speaker phone in restaurants and lounges on the ship. On my last two Crystal cruises it was out of control. It seems as though Crystal should create a policy and train staff on enforcement of the policy.  Is this just the world we live in now?  Would love to hear from others. 

Was not allowed in 2019,2020 or the one week WC in 2022. I would go to a guest and tell them no. If that did not work I find an officer.

On the subject of dancing..

I hate DJ dancing ..hate Pulse..tried but never a good mix and to loud.

I was one if several who danced to. Anna and Humberto in the cove.

Palm Court never had music most couple dance to so only went to say to a bartender or hear Anna and Humberto when they covered there.

i just was on Queen Mary and saw the ballroom dancers as I walked into the decent size disco with live music,Most nights they were busy. The key is live music.

wonder what it will be like this winter.yes,Pulse opens to late fir the older crowd ..like clubs in Europe they open to late..