Lumine Question

1 minute ago, ScottC4746 said:

But can you get in in and out in time for a 9 PM show?

Not likely.  The theater on E class ships fills much earlier than we experienced on S or M class .  Sometimes 15 min early is not enough.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

But can you get in in and out in time for a 9 PM show?

If you are seated by 8 and tell them you need to finish by 8:50 you could. Any later than that probably not. 

1 hour ago, zitsky said:

Well don’t you need a huge restaurant with all tables 10 feet apart?  

I will talk to strangers all day.  Can I show you pictures of my 19 year old cat?  I have never felt an obligation to talk to the table next to me on Celebrity beyond a simple hello.  A shared table on Viking?  Sure I’ll talk.  But I won’t talk to everyone at the table.

Maybe it’s because I spent time in Chicago where people just mind their own business.

I am sure your 19 year old cat is fascinating but not on my highlight reel of why we go on vacation. People in Chicago mind their own business because they don't want to be shot.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chisoxfan said:

I am sure your 19 year old cat is fascinating but not on my highlight reel of why we go on vacation. People in Chicago mind their own business because they don't want to be shot.

No they don’t think they’ll be shot.  You have them confused with Californians.

Folks from Chicago are some of the friendliest people.   But they know when to keep their mouth shut and when to talk.

I also had a 23 year old cat.  Want to see?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, zitsky said:

No they don’t think they’ll be shot.  You have them confused with Californians.

Folks from Chicago are some of the friendliest people.   But they know when to keep their mouth shut and when to talk.

I also had a 23 year old cat.  Want to see?

I have lived in and around the Southside of Chicago for 5 decades so think I have a good handle on things. Is your 23 year old cat alive or stuffed?

11 minutes ago, chisoxfan said:

I have lived in and around the Southside of Chicago for 5 decades so think I have a good handle on things. Is your 23 year old cat alive or stuffed?

She’s in a box.  I have pictures though.

If it makes you feel better, a drug addict once tried to mug me in Hyde Park with a fake gun.

On 7/7/2024 at 9:38 AM, ScottC4746 said:

Summer 2025 will be the first time we have done Retreat so now we have a less crowded (?) restaurant Lumine.

We do anytime dining in the MDR and last cruise did 6 PM, however there was a nightly group we missed because it met the same time.

If we walked in on Lumine at 7 PM without a reservation, how long would we need to wait for a two top.  It is not that we are anti-social, it is just our experience in cruising across all lines if you are at a larger table, meal service is based on the slowest eater.

What about breakfast and lunch when open:  Should we do a reservation for that?

We were on Silhouette in March.  We never waited for a table ever for breakfast, lunch on sea days or dinner, around 7pm at Luminae.  We were seated at or next to the same table for every meal and had the same waiter.

On 7/7/2024 at 9:38 AM, ScottC4746 said:

Summer 2025 will be the first time we have done Retreat so now we have a less crowded (?) restaurant Lumine.

We do anytime dining in the MDR and last cruise did 6 PM, however there was a nightly group we missed because it met the same time.

If we walked in on Lumine at 7 PM without a reservation, how long would we need to wait for a two top.  It is not that we are anti-social, it is just our experience in cruising across all lines if you are at a larger table, meal service is based on the slowest eater.

What about breakfast and lunch when open:  Should we do a reservation for that?

Usually, you get right in, I've never waited more than 5 to 10 minutes.

My wife is the talkative one and she enjoys the friendliness of Luminae and often makes many new friends.  After the first meal or two, you are recognized and usually get the same table and servers.