The Fleet Report and Daily for Tuesday July 9th, 2024

28 minutes ago, lvhh said:

When i had my cataract surgery the also inserted an iStent for pressure and no more drops since then.

You’re very fortunate that the stents helped you. I hope they continue to long-term.  DH had stents put in in 2023, 2 surgeries, but they didn’t do enough, thus the two surgeries in 2024 (Trabeculectomy) and so far one is great, the other only barely helped, but I’m not giving up, the pressure still might settle down a bit post-steroids! 🤞That woukd be Amazing!  m—

• Like 9

And now the power is out. Not sure what's going on. At least it has sort of cooled down outside and still light enough to pull weeds. Why don't the da**deer like the weeds and Shasta daisies that are overtaking everything?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Yikes, I always thought of Syracuse airport as a sleepy little place and would never have guessed that it would be the site of the next close call.

Roy

?

• Like 4

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

?

A plane tried to land on a runway at Syracuse Hancock International Airport (NY) as another was taking off.  They came within 635 feet (about 200 meters) of each other.  I grew up less than 3 miles (5km) from the airport.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

There's no jury exemption for age in New York, but the jury commissioner can excuse people who explain why they shouldn't serve.

The last two times I've been summoned, the nature of the cases was such that I was sure I wouldn't be eligible. In one of them I would have been challenged by the plaintiff's lawyer because of my occupation. In the other, I would have told the judge that I had been too engaged with a parallel case in another state.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2