My first 7 day carnival cruise ...what to expect comparded to a "Carnival Journey's" cruise

Hi regular Carnival passengers, I just booked a 7 day in Janurary, 2025, RT New Orleans on the Liberty, Western Carribbean. I've only been on Carnival Journey's previously both on the Luminosa.The first was  22 day and  the  2nd 31 day Trans-pacific. 

So what can I expect for a more traditional Carnival cruise, It will be my wife's first time on Carnival we are both 4 stars on HAL.

Current reviews of the Liberty on CC range from "Awful/Never Again" to "Great/the crew really shined" so with that wide of a disparency with reviews what is it we should really expect. My 2nd experience on the Luminosa was much better and more enjoyable than the first was.

Thanks, 

Paul

My journey cruise the food was fabulous. I've had worse food on 7 days but it could be random. There was never a line for stir fry on my journey cruise on dream.  Technically my alaska cruise was considered a journey cruise at the time and we had a nightly speaker.

More kids on the 7 day. We had 11 kids last january on dream 14 day. Journey cruise we had a older crowd. 

There will probably be more kids on the 7 day cruise.  Depending on what date you booked, there may also be more college-age, as some colleges are on intersession. Journey cruises definitely have an older crowd, as I am sure you noticed on your 22 and 31 dayers.  As for the Liberty - we have always loved cruising on her (or any other conquest class ship)

It's Jan26-Feb 2nd, So after X-mas break and before Spring break and a good month before mardi gras in New Orleans. I don't mind kids, I'm a retired Librarian. 

I just want decent food and service so my wife will like Carnival and it will give us more options to cruise once she retires in a few years