Starbucks on NCL Cruise Ships

For all NCL cruise ships that have a Starbucks, does anyone know if they have the same drink menu onboard as they do in the regular Starbucks stores?  Basically, can you order any coffee drink that Starbucks normally sells, or do they have a reduced or limited menu because they are on a cruise ship?

I'm considering getting the Unlimited Starbucks Package for my NCL cruise next month, but if the drink menu onboard is limited, then it will not be worth it. 

Thanks

It's basically the same as in the store, as long as it is a Starbucks and not a Java Cafe.

And you didn't mention which ship but instead of buying the Starbucks package, I just load up my app and get the same promos as on land. You earn Stars but they can't be redeemed on the ship.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, nordicacres said:

I think it depends on the ship. The Jewel definitely had a limited menu.

The Jewel has a Java Cafe that sells Starbucks products, not a real 'Starbucks'. OP needs to be more specific for the best answer.

Hijacking the thread slightly: I have been told that only full Starbuck accept Starbucks gift card or app. However a person on another social media claims this is wrong and Starbucks gift cards are accepted even in the Java/Atrium cafes serving Starbucks. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or not?

Epic had limited in November. Jade had limited in April. But it’s mostly the same. I’m personally fine with the options.

They have coffee (obviously), your typical latte, cappuccino, white chocolate mocha, etc. Iced or hot. At least one, I think two, cold brew options. They did have a case with like cookie sandwiches (like Oreo variations).

If you’re looking for a pumpkin spice latte, a hundred flavor choices, muffins etc you’re probably out of luck. 

12 hours ago, Asawi said:

Hijacking the thread slightly: I have been told that only full Starbuck accept Starbucks gift card or app. However a person on another social media claims this is wrong and Starbucks gift cards are accepted even in the Java/Atrium cafes serving Starbucks. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or not?

Incorrect. 

Only at Starbucks stores. Not valid at random coffee shops. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Distinctive-Destinations said:

Epic had limited in November. Jade had limited in April. But it’s mostly the same. I’m personally fine with the options.

If you’re looking for a pumpkin spice latte, a hundred flavor choices, muffins etc you’re probably out of luck. 

Jade is not a licensed store, Epic is so your experience of a limited menu on Epic is a little weird - you can get things like pink drinks, etc there. PSL is only available during the fall, so you're definitely out of luck for that now even at a Starbucks on land - but a licensed store should have it in season.

I was considering buying the Starbucks package for my upcoming Bliss cruise, but then Norwegian decided to up the price of the package by about $30. I’d have to order about 7 drinks a day to break even. Am I understanding that if I just add funds to my Starbucks app, I can use it to order a drink while on the ship? This may be a silly follow up question, but does it matter that I don’t reside in the United States (I live in Canada)? 

8 hours ago, jds2001 said:

Jade is not a licensed store, Epic is so your experience of a limited menu on Epic is a little weird - you can get things like pink drinks, etc there. PSL is only available during the fall, so you're definitely out of luck for that now even at a Starbucks on land - but a licensed store should have it in season.

November is in the fall, and there was no PSL available at that time on the Epic.

1 hour ago, redflag216 said:

I was considering buying the Starbucks package for my upcoming Bliss cruise, but then Norwegian decided to up the price of the package by about $30. I’d have to order about 7 drinks a day to break even. Am I understanding that if I just add funds to my Starbucks app, I can use it to order a drink while on the ship? This may be a silly follow up question, but does it matter that I don’t reside in the United States (I live in Canada)? 

Just an FYI the stated price now includes the gratuity 

1 hour ago, redflag216 said:

That's a good question and I don't know the answer. Are you able to use your Canadian app to pay at a Starbucks while in the States? I have used my app in multiple countries around the world with no problem but it was not accepted in Barcelona when I was there.

19 minutes ago, zqvol said:

There is not a Starbucks on the ships.  There is a location that sells Starbucks.  The Starbucks app and Starbucks gift cards, etc. are not valid.  In the end, it is just another NCL F&B location on the ship and you pay NCL via your onboard account or via the NCL package.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, drew69 said:

There is not a Starbucks on the ships.  There is a location that sells Starbucks.  The Starbucks app and Starbucks gift cards, etc. are not valid.  In the end, it is just another NCL F&B location on the ship and you pay NCL via your onboard account or via the NCL package.

On some ships there is actually what is considered Starbucks cafés. Not just a café selling Starbucks. On thos ships gift cards and app works. I don't drink Starbucks myself, but I think the newer/bigger ships have "proper" Starbucks. For example Bliss.

6 minutes ago, drew69 said:

There are many NCL ships that have an actual Starbucks location (some even have 2, such as the Joy and Prima). I have used my Starbucks app daily on these ships. There are also some older ships that have a Java Cafe that sells Starbucks products and in those locations, you cannot use the app or gift cards. You need to check your facts before you post false information,

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

So the price, pre increase, didn’t include gratuity? I just assumed it was already built into the price. Like the alcoholic drinks package 

FYI: The ship has free coffee onboard. It isn't Starbucks, but it's free and there is typically no line. During peak times, the Starbucks line can be very long on NCL ships with a "real" Starbucks.

Additionally, the Joy (and possibly other ships) have Starbucks self-serve machines in the buffet. The machines have an extremely limited menu. I'm not sure if you can use the Unlimited Starbucks Package at those machines or not, if you purchase it.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, redflag216 said:

Ships with standalone Starbucks stores accept their app and gift cards. Not sure about your Canada question.

Hint:  If you are using the Starbucks app, take a screenshot of the barcode just in case WiFi is not available. You can EARN stars, not redeem them. 

Google search yielded these ships: Bliss, Encore, Epic, Gem, Getaway, Pearl, Prima, Sky, Viva.

14 hours ago, drew69 said:

I have used my Starbucks app on both the Bliss and Encore. 

42 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

Ships with standalone Starbucks stores accept their app and gift cards. Not sure about your Canada question.

Hint:  If you are using the Starbucks app, take a screenshot of the barcode just in case WiFi is not available. You can EARN stars, not redeem them. 

Google search yielded these ships: Bliss, Encore, Epic, Gem, Getaway, Pearl, Prima, Sky, Viva.

Your search forgot the Joy, which has 2. I have used my Starbucks app on each of these ships except for the Epic and Gem, which I have not been on. 

• Like 1

Encore has a Starbucks, as well as in the buffet area, it's inserted in the wall area, you can get a fresh cup of their coffee.  Encore Starbucks was just like being here at home, all my favs were there and delicious!

We sailed on the Bliss last year and can confirm that they have a Starbucks, and we did use the app for our orders.

We're sailing on the Breakaway in May, and I'm trying to confirm if there's a Starbucks on the ship. Some links say no, some yes.

13 minutes ago, kapper said:

We're sailing on the Breakaway in May, and I'm trying to confirm if there's a Starbucks on the ship.

There is, it's on deck 6. 

Starbucks®

Kick-start your day with a Caramel Macchiato. Grab a Teavana® Shaken Iced Green Tea Lemonade to sip while lounging poolside. Or recount the day's excitement with your friends over freshly brewed coffee. Come on by Starbucks to make your holiday even sweeter.