Anything special for birthday celebrations?

Aldeya

We have a family member milestone birthday during upcoming Meraviglia cruise. We know about the cake for Gold members. We'll book specialty restaurant.

Anything like on other lines like cabin decorations, special celebration packages/gifts to buy? Any suggestions how to make this day special on a cruise?

Thank you!

Posted (edited)

In the past MSC had special occasion packages like you mention but most all trace of those has been removed from their websites.  As you mention a Gold or Diamond member they can get a birthday cake during a restaurant meal, I would recommend talking to the relative restaurant manager (MDR or specialty) about this at minimum a day prior to the meal.

Edited by Até
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Até said:

I would recommend talking to the relative restaurant manager (MDR or specialty) about this at minimum a day prior to the meal.

As far as I know this must be done with guest relations. You can have to cake delivered to the cabin or to a restaurant, but nothing will happen if you not act 24 hours before.

• Like 2

AP1GczOHOy26gBC4YXjATQF4YBxE80gHTINNWaJAV0hrq5rC5Y-vGweLC3IN-K67a4fTgy7H8x7-pNAMyLy73UdKGpbF0sLNuMkCE5uWND8i6Zz4nEzGResPa9THj4oXsaoyv6xNboPUpcD3bscgnXfK8deh8tlDeiIV36kRFULzAvpVNvKcjzi27IRuYtGLrr1bWI1oy5VOa11qLt5jqoWYiPbkpbVIMvGmsdMXtrq8egX0-OxP63GjuRmv-Q8lkFq52Qi0bwqZzf2sAHl90lNzBbjMlvOCwB8Cp0Mh2nO1f7LdUNQ5b6RhJE2Y5mx7Mi3B0gmpYVZ1NpVpo2-57cumbKpOg29hagHLpduvlPpC5q4n2QKHtI8uxnskK8SmP6IclV9tQ5Bz7NQtrGpWXaxprDmfWObnhXeAsYLX1nbU85RsilabMIjMjQzNeac4_dN1PXiXZ5pkR3CCHBWONeyF6rnzWVvYehs0lW1Fed2MyeyXLYdVu1uu2P5dhPeQeQuygTS5eKwFzL60d3GprLnvbVKYPqD5y2awvT-7YDdALoAu1rg34RpEFg-mQYhQ4NFxsnFpB-4NSyvbJlwXxxCUVmK98hc9ihCaaFdPatRvDlNipHJAZQ2gWIH3qlaNH6j87Ff27wi4UvHemOVdjvtkMGmugy-lQoMK6BdxCptJKo5Ve9TiIn75loYlYaApjsVkZ5unYy2IL0Yeq9kOP47k24RDkIofzEkyw-c8KAaIy0tFvfHPhwfGDuBaqbXlBx0-x1YbwwKi_hItgbxtFD9dQBT4wUCVVkuaWxo2EyqMpMgvezrbOwRIoErbBCsZhXqckvpfX-ClIS1z3BBfNqpV48nfBYMyF0iZcjbe1kVAvmlyl1twRCCK64EJcFz74JRZ2THe1nJua_XeFSlqPUijYWLOPAsgOVfeEOZ1n0x7Jxtx8K31NoBIa69f2CL3-4ghKYH9wsctovat_YODGXBDytMBkA=w366-h651-s-no-gm?authuser=0

I've got (YC & diamond) a birthday cake presented by the Maitre and his staff at dinner, and came back to a lovely decorated cabin by our butler, including a wine bottle, a personalized letter + some chocolate.
My DW had notified our butler about my birthday.
Oh, at the YC Pool Deck the musician played a Happy Birthday also.

• Like 1

Do they do anything if you do not mention that someone is having a birthday? 

One of us will be celebrating a birthday on an upcoming cruise and are not big on the attention that it usually attracts when they find out shipboard.  Same with anniverssaries.   We'd simply like to just enjoy the day in relative privacy.  

On our last cruise one passenger had a birthday and was sang to by the staff at both lunch and at dinner.  I love when it happens to other people and are happy for them but not so much when it's my time. 

• Thanks 1

When we were in YC in April, my spouse was celebrating a birthday. I shared this info with our butler. He had a celebration in Butcher's Cut for lunch, another one in Le Muse for our dinner and a third one in TSL after dinner. You can make it as big -- or little -- as you want. Enjoy however you prefer!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

Is that a hint? 🙂

No.  No hints.  Mum's the word -  Pretty Please   🤣

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Best Cat Mom said:

When we were in YC in April, my spouse was celebrating a birthday. I shared this info with our butler. He had a celebration in Butcher's Cut for lunch, another one in Le Muse for our dinner and a third one in TSL after dinner. You can make it as big -- or little -- as you want. Enjoy however you prefer!

Thanks.  We will just wait and see what happens.  After the first 60 or 70 it just becomes another day to be greatful to wake up to. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Do they do anything if you do not mention that someone is having a birthday? 

No, they will not do anything. But certainly it is not impossible that a very motivated staff is acting as @Essiesmom wrote. 

16 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

On our last cruise one passenger had a birthday and was sang to by the staff at both lunch and at dinner.  I love when it happens to other people and are happy for them but not so much when it's my time. 

Actually this only happens or should happen if you order the cake to been delivered to the MDR for dinner. 

• Like 1

Sailed in Yacht Club. My wife and I have the same birth day (different years). They presented a cake for us in the dining room, and the Butler fully decorated our suite while we were out for the evening. We did not mention our birthdays to anyone onboard.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mac001pa said:

Sailed in Yacht Club. My wife and I have the same birth day (different years). They presented a cake for us in the dining room, and the Butler fully decorated our suite while we were out for the evening. We did not mention our birthdays to anyone onboard.

Thank you for that.. We are really hoping to sneak by under the radar but guess we will see.