Average showtimes Independence Of The Seas

Hey Everyone!

The last time we were able to sail was right before covid hit so it has been a bit.  DH and I are both turning 50 this year and will be sailing on the Indy in Feb to celebrate.

Can I ask what the average time for the shows each night are?  I am trying to decide on a dining time.

TIA
mom2two2

Posted (edited)

They are typically around 7 and 9 PM, +/- based on actual early and late dining times on board.  But they, as you will recall, dovetail the production shows with the dining times.  And the shows run about 45 minutes or so, typically.

I'm sure others can correct me and give you more accurate information.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thank you for asking, as I have wondered what time the shows are. 

We have 7:45 late seating on the Freedom.  On other cruiselines, late seating has been at 8:30.  Being over 65 and 70, we now prefer an earlier dinner time on cruises.  However, the 5 something is too early when on vacation.  We are thrilled that late seating on RCI is earlier!  We can hit the show, and sneak out (we sit in the back row) a few minutes early to make dinner.  

We just got off Indy Monday.  All of our shows were at 7 or 7:15.  And Grease was at 6 pm and then a later show.  So we saw all the shows first and then went to dinner.  But I am pretty sure they had like a 9 or 9:30 show each night also.  We just prefer going to the show first and then going to have dinner.  

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, steveru621 said:

45 minutes + 10 minutes for the walk to the dining room.

This leads me to another question. Sorry to get off track.🙄  

In the past, when dining at a set dinner time, there was always a mass of people or a long line getting into the dining room.  Is this still the case now that there are more dining options on ships?  It's been a while since we have taken traditional set dining on a cruise.

Edited by Iamthesea

6 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

This leads me to another question. Sorry to get off track.🙄  

In the past, when dining at a set dinner time, there was always a mass of people or a long line getting into the dining room.  Is this still the case now that there are more dining options on ships?  It's been a while since we have taken traditional set dining on a cruise.

Only on the first night or if you get there before they open the doors.

We had a dinner time of 6:45 for the 18 people in my group.  We went to the 9 or 9:30 shows.  Grease was incredible and a must see.  It was packed and I got seats 30 minutes prior to showing.  I found that there was often a line for my time people with no reservations.  The line was huge on night 1 and 2.  We were able to walk in to our tables no problem.  The only night there was a bit of a back up was night 5 when the party before us showed up 25 minutes late.