OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE JULY

Posted (edited)

Interesting, the Falmouth and Georgetown excursions are the same price as brochure prices.  The Cozumel ones are more expensive than in the brochure, at $879 and $1052 respectively.   YC Ocean Cay cabanas on the brochure are also a little less, at $422 and $475 respectively. 

So it seems in some cases the pre-purchase price is less than the on board prices.   A lot in the case of that El Presidente Villa.

SC20240824MIAMIA.pdf

Edited by Até
Add file

2 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Here are the EXCLUSIVE TOURS FOR YACHT CLUB ONLY on this Caribbean cruise. The Villa sounds nice for 8 hours.

Thank you.  We have this same itinerary for the first leg of our upcoming B2B on Seascape. 

Thanks for your great review and advice! I disembarked the Seascape yesterday and it was a great experience. I may be an old dog but took your tipping advice with some tipping in advance. I usually tip at the end but I think the staff appreciated the point of service more. My butler was mostly MIA - everyone else was great. 

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Here are the EXCLUSIVE TOURS FOR YACHT CLUB ONLY on this Caribbean cruise. The Villa sounds nice for 8 hours.

IMG_4076.jpeg

IMG_4077.jpegIMG_4078.jpeg

Brochure shows a Port Canaveral departure with only 2 port calls and also excursions at ports other than those 2 shown -  I thought you left from MIA on a 7 night cruise...

Typical MSC lack of attention to detail

• Haha 1

Posters often post if the Yacht Club has its own White Party. Yes they do. It is called "Island Party" and its held the same night as the White Party in steerage. YCers will receive a special invitation. At this "Island Party" one will have a special buffet, music, and dancing.

ISLEPARTY.jpeg

• Like 3

Another thing I've seen posted numerous times. If one gets a top sheet or just a duvet. Here is a picture of our bed last night the stripe fabric is the duvet.  We did not expressly ask for it, but maybe because we are from US ? 

P.S. From the mundane to the sublime, your questions answered here.

IMG_4067.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Another thing I've seen posted numerous times. If one gets a top sheet or just a duvet.

We've never NOT had a top sheet, even in Mediterranean 7-day itineraries or our transatlantic that originated in Europe. I also wondered if they did that just for us because we're from the US. And we've always had washcloths/facecloths without asking (from wherever). No complaining here!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2024 at 10:53 AM, MonsterJoe said:

We've been talking about taking a year or two off from cruising after next year...(in my mind) to do an AI resort.  How would you compare them?  I love cruisi g, but I also like the idea of flying to where we want to go and to not have to think about pre/post hotels and ubers

Before we discovered MSC YC last year, we did AIs in the Cancun area (usually resorts with the resort-within-a-resort concept). The nice thing is having more space, and having the opportunity to leave the resort to explore the area without the same time restraints as a cruise. This summer, we went to a guest/dude ranch, which is a little like an AI in the sense that everything you need is right there and most everything is included in the base price. It really depends on what you want out of your vacation. If you are at an AI, the food likely will be heavily that of the location. If you prefer American food over Mexican/Jamaican/Caribbean/etc. (or Italian food in the case of MSC), you might prefer the food on a cruise better. You'll get better fresh fruit (and fresh fruit cocktails) at an AI, but I think the wines were better in the MSC YC compared to the high end resorts in Mexico.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Morpheus! So excited to read about this latest adventure!

4 hours ago, billc23 said:

My butler was mostly MIA - everyone else was great. 

I hope I don't get your butler.  Then again, if the Butler is MIA, so is his tip.  Or rather it stays in my pocket.

1 hour ago, mica178 said:

Sorry to hijack your thread, Morpheus! So excited to read about this latest adventure!

I don’t mind any kind of so called “hijacking” as it remotely relates to cruising and passengers. I am frequently called a hijacker or a troll or worse. I have been banned for asking a poster how he managed an up grade to the owner’s suite. His answer was because “ he was nice people”. So the rest of us are not nice people ? Was my response. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Here is another reason we prefer cruise lines/ships of merit. The medical facilities they have on board. As fate so often has control of our lives today on the One Pool deck a familiar couple took the pergola next to us. Last year it was Rick S president of MSC USA. Today it was a lovely couple we had the joy to watch on our first MSC Explora cruise this past Christmas/ New Year’s on the dance floor. The second leg of the cruise she was confined to a wheelchair. She had a ATV accident on tour in one of these godawful ports, broken ribs and punctured lung. Long story short the island hospital was terrible and she told us today she owes her life to the doctor and the medical facility on board the Explora for saving her life.

• Like 3

More scuttlebutt. There are 12 butlers on board the Seascape , there will be 17 on the new World America. On World Europa the Yacht Club has only one butler pantry that services all the YC floors for room service, which I am told presented long waits for room service, waiting for staff elevators, cramped, running from pantry to designated deck. World America will have a butler pantry on every YC deck. All those staff with contracts ending in Sept and October are 90% certain of being transfer to World America.

On 7/12/2024 at 4:41 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

Been on too many cruises and have been fooled by descriptions using the words curated, nestled, exotic, unique like Toraja Land, Sulawesi

Even I have to admit that Sulawesi is very unique 🙂 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, perakcruiser said:

Even I have to admit that Sulawesi is very unique 🙂 

Are you an advertising executive? If not you missed your true calling. I would use any of these words instead.... macabre, gruesome, grisly, grim, gory, morbid, ghastly, unearthly, or lurid, to describe Toraja Land. But that doesn't sell.

P.S. Though our first encounter on the beach was of a young lad about 12 years old with a live chicken under his arm. That was unique and not an everyday sight.

Edited by morpheusofthesea

Here is a 1:30 second clip  of the typical breakfast buffet on the OnePool deck. Which reminds me.... heard that Chef Sean is leaving this August and is being replaced with Chef Lisa. This will continue the better food in the YC Restaurant for the remainder of this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Are you an advertising executive? If not you missed your true calling. I would use any of these words instead.... macabre, gruesome, grisly, grim, gory, morbid, ghastly, unearthly, or lurid, to describe Toraja Land. But that doesn't sell.

Not an advertising executive, but long before my cruiser career during my student days a few decades before I backpacked through all South East Asia. Sulawesi and Flores are places that I particularly remember. Guess there are many words one can choose to describe, Torajas main attraction certainly are the tombs and graveyards and funerals, so "morbid" obviously hits it better than "unique". But advertising it as unique is not a lie nor exaggerated.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

typical breakfast buffet on the OnePool deck

Watching this, I'm glad I did skip the breakfast buffet for my daily dose of Benedict eggs at YCR, as I would most definitely have gained a few Kg at that buffet.  🤣

40 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

This is for @Corriegr. Last night in the Loft Cafe , Carol and the BBJazz Quartet sang "Fly me to the Moon" and thought of you.

Yes sounds great we are suffering withdrawal symptoms until our next YC voyage at end of Aug. So, being a self confessed YC addict have booked a another YC adventure for 2026 this time on Virtuosa to Canaries , Madeira Spain and Portugal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

On World Europa the Yacht Club has only one butler pantry that services all the YC floors for room service, which I am told presented long waits for room service, waiting for staff elevators, cramped, running from pantry to designated deck. World America will have a butler pantry on every YC deck.

I assume, since you did not mention it, that this is not a problem on Seascape? 

1 hour ago, SailorfromBrazil said:

Watching this, I'm glad I did skip the breakfast buffet for my daily dose of Benedict eggs at YCR, as I would most definitely have gained a few Kg at that buffet.  🤣

I was able to order Eggs Benedict at the buffet on Divina.  I assume you could do the same on Seascape. 

• Haha 1