Apex: Upgrade to Edge Villa for four?

We are a family of four, mom and dad with our 18 and 21 year old children. We are currently booked in two inside cabins on Apex for Christmas this year. I am considering a very big upgrade, to all four of us in an Edge Villa.  

We have have cruised with four of us in a cabin since they were 2 and 5, but we have mostly separated into two cabins since they were teens. Hubby and I were on Apex in a Sky Suite last year so we are familiar with the Retreat experience. We enjoyed it. The two of us have also have done a Royal Suite on Millennium and loved the “upper suite”, especially the unlimited dining. And finally, last year we had a Crown Loft Suite on Harmony of the Seas with one of the kids and thought it our best cabin ever! I don’t want the “kids” to have to share a sofa bed. They’re brother and sister, so we’d have to bring in a cot for one of them. Talk me in, or out, to/of doing this! 

Posted (edited)

My Father only ever gave me one good piece of advice: he said "Son, when you get older, you won't regret the things that you did, but you will always regret the things that you didn't do".

I say go for it. The Suite life is wonderful. 🙂

Edited by Ommadawn
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

We are a family of four, mom and dad with our 18 and 21 year old children. We are currently booked in two inside cabins on Apex for Christmas this year. I am considering a very big upgrade, to all four of us in an Edge Villa.  

We have have cruised with four of us in a cabin since they were 2 and 5, but we have mostly separated into two cabins since they were teens. Hubby and I were on Apex in a Sky Suite last year so we are familiar with the Retreat experience. We enjoyed it. The two of us have also have done a Royal Suite on Millennium and loved the “upper suite”, especially the unlimited dining. And finally, last year we had a Crown Loft Suite on Harmony of the Seas with one of the kids and thought it our best cabin ever! I don’t want the “kids” to have to share a sofa bed. They’re brother and sister, so we’d have to bring in a cot for one of them. Talk me in, or out, to/of doing this! 

Hey, if you are comfortable with the price point, why wouldn't you?

Regarding the unlimited dining...I figure I can add the unlimited dining package to any cabin.

sadly i dont remember if it was this forum or another that posted the pics of the beds downstairs opened up and also the conditions and ages of the occupants.

though cabins are able to take 4, sometimes due to the size of the 2nd sofa beds it may not be the best for adults. so best research that before you book to see if it's ok

i know for my gf and i im greatly looking forward to the villa in november. especially the retreat door!

If total privacy is important to you, you won't have it in the bedroom upstairs as it is open to downstairs. I'd also confirm that they will give you a rollaway, there are rules about that.  It's a great cabin and I love it.  

If privacy isn't an issue and you confirm you can get a rollaway, you'll be fine.  There is plenty of room!  If the weather is cooperative, the deck chairs are great for sleeping.  

I stayed in the EV as a solo, was amazing!  The sofa is a good size and is L-shaped, so even when the bed part is open, that is plenty large for one and the L part of the sofa is a good option and will create a decent amount of space.  Enjoy the EV and the cruise, it is a great experience.

23 hours ago, Liao said:

I stayed in the EV as a solo, was amazing!  The sofa is a good size and is L-shaped, so even when the bed part is open, that is plenty large for one and the L part of the sofa is a good option and will create a decent amount of space.  Enjoy the EV and the cruise, it is a great experience.

I bet that was amazing to be a solo in an EV.  Honestly, I would have to be thrown off the ship😛.

4 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

I bet that was amazing to be a solo in an EV.  Honestly, I would have to be thrown off the ship😛.

I enjoyed almost every single aspect about it, Retreat, butler, room steward, Luminae and specialty dining.  I am almost embarrassed to say though that due to my intense fear of heights I was never able to use the balcony and the plunge pool!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Liao said:

I enjoyed almost every single aspect about it, Retreat, butler, room steward, Luminae and specialty dining.  I am almost embarrassed to say though that due to my intense fear of heights I was never able to use the balcony and the plunge pool!

Sounds amazing minus the fear of heights part.