Disgraceful smoking area on Joy

20 hours ago, TheBeardedCruiser said:

Cool; I too know exactly how the smoking area is set up on the Joy!

We are all entitled to our opinions. My opinion is that we should avoid giving kids cancer. Therefore, it is my opinion that they should move the smoking area to the adult only area.

You're entitled to your opinion about the "non-proximity." I disagree with you, but in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. As far as I know, neither of us works for NCL, or has any influence over where their smoking area is located. So I bid you a great evening and happy travels!

We should avoid giving ANYONE cancer.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2024 at 2:53 PM, astera said:

If it's by the pool, especially a kids' pool, then surely it's better to glass-off that section to contain the "air pollution?"

On the Escape the pool-level bar is luckily smore-free, but right above it is a similar bar but crowded with smokers. Unfortunately not cordoned off by glass but what can you do...

This was great for the smokers they had 2 out door areas on the Escape one in the back of the ship adult area and 1 above the pool bar semi covered. They were open air and roomy and not in the way of folks that do not like smoke.

3 hours ago, detroitlions said:

This was great for the smokers they had 2 out door areas on the Escape one in the back of the ship adult area and 1 above the pool bar semi covered. They were open air and roomy and not in the way of folks that do not like smoke.

Problem there, the smokers were open to the elements.

On 7/15/2024 at 11:02 PM, PartyPlannerLady said:

i don't at all think so.  I think it is honest about the matter.  Anyone who chooses to use a product that plainly states on the packaging that it will give you can and other serious heath issues including death is absolutely being stupid IN MY OPINION.

Agree 100% with regards to smoking. It does seem though that people need to look beyond that as well, especially with regards to fatty foods, deep-fried options, etc. The food industry will be the next "tobacco industry scandal."

6 hours ago, detroitlions said:

It was actually hugely in the way of people who don't smoke, because it was allowed everywhere including the entire bar area and not just the tables on the side.

Still nowhere near as bad as some of the cafes/bars in the ports we visited.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, astera said:

Agree 100% with regards to smoking. It does seem though that people need to look beyond that as well, especially with regards to fatty foods, deep-fried options, etc. The food industry will be the next "tobacco industry scandal."

I gave up smoking a little more than five years ago but as long as they have pharmaceuticals to keep my blood pressure and cholesterol down, I'll be darned if I'm going to give up my fatty foods. deep-fried options. red meat. etc.

Deep fried snickers bars dusted in sugar are to die for!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, yakcruiser said:

I gave up smoking a little more than five years ago but as long as they have pharmaceuticals to keep my blood pressure and cholesterol down, I'll be darned if I'm going to give up my fatty foods. deep-fried options. red meat. etc.

Deep fried snickers bars dusted in sugar are to die for!

No one is getting second-hand triglycerides from you, so go for it.

• Haha 1