Queen Anne 14th - 28th July Iceland and bits of Britain.

Victoria2

14 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Car booked for tomorrow morning to take us home. Wow, we really are leaving… 

I hope that's not too traumatic, we'll miss your posts.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

If there were a weeping button to press, I would have pressed it. 😢 I have enjoyed your cruise very much.

It's been absolutely fantastic.

The real highlight for me has been the incredible staff. It goes without saying but they work so hard to provide a service that unfortunately some take for granted, and what I've come to appreciate is how reliable that good quality is. Never once has quality dropped from one cruise to another, in fact, it's only gotten better.

I know some crew have now gone home and obviously more have come to take over their positions. But as the Captain said during the cocktail parties, they've worked so hard to bring the ship into service, and we've seen that happen first hand (with the exception of 2 cruises we missed after the maiden voyage). Regardless of anyone's view of the ship, she really does have a fantastic crew and I think it would be hard for anyone to say otherwise.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Car booked for tomorrow morning to take us home. Wow, we really are leaving… 

Can't hit the "like" button for this.  We will miss you!  Thanks for the ride.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Myles, you've provided us with such interesting and entertaining nuggets from your cruise.  A lot has happened in our life and in general over your past 7/8 weeks onboard (if that's correct), and I've often found myself thinking "wow Myles is still on that cruise 😆"  I'm so glad you've had such a great time with your partner, won at Blackjack, seen so many great shows and ports of call and Queen Anne will certainly in my mind, be your ship.  What we now need is a montage of your travels set to music and it'll be like the end of an epic film. Oh and I'm sure the cats will be so thrilled to have you home.  Here's to your next voyage!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

All the great commentary from our “live” posters teaches us (especially me!) not to overreact about what happens on a ship’s a maiden voyage and a ship that has different architecture and feel than previous Cunarders. Hopefully some of the negatives, especially cabin storage, can be remedied in the near future. 
I do like the overall look of the ship and really like what I see of the upper outside decks. 

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, GeorgianGal100 said:

Oh and I'm sure the cats will be so thrilled to have you home.

I'd missed that they had cats. I'm sure they will be scolding them for abandoning them for so long. We move Scottish folk into our place to serve our girls if we're away for more than a couple of nights.

IMG_20240727_112647326_HDR.thumb.jpg.ef15f361969bdbc470d4e6d5489a303a.jpg

IMG_20240727_112612397_HDR.thumb.jpg.d75a157e8db31cc0653d5d634652437b.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GeorgianGal100 said:

Thanks Myles, you've provided us with such interesting and entertaining nuggets from your cruise.  A lot has happened in our life and in general over your past 7/8 weeks onboard (if that's correct), and I've often found myself thinking "wow Myles is still on that cruise 😆"  I'm so glad you've had such a great time with your partner, won at Blackjack, seen so many great shows and ports of call and Queen Anne will certainly in my mind, be your ship.  What we now need is a montage of your travels set to music and it'll be like the end of an epic film. Oh and I'm sure the cats will be so thrilled to have you home.  Here's to your next voyage!

Thank you for your kind words - it’s been a pleasure sharing my time onboard with everyone. 

1 hour ago, D&N said:

I'd missed that they had cats. I'm sure they will be scolding them for abandoning them for so long.

I just have the one cat - my partner and I don’t live together (let alone in the same country, currently) - Jambo (my cat) stays with my dad and his cat, they get along very well. 

IMG_3683.thumb.jpeg.de4a2cb7eef8d4f7002a9ffd1f645d06.jpeg

• Like 9

Final thoughts - have thoroughly enjoyed our first experience on Queen Anne - great service, staff, food - with the exception of one Michel Roux inspired lamb dish which was below par for Cunard! Have seen some great shows in particular Suzanne Godfrey, Flautist, Dean Atkinson ventriloquist, Laura Evans country singer and the very funny John Martin. Also enjoyed The Barricade Boys, seen before on Cunard, Macdonald Bros and Clive Myrie talk.  Royal Court Theatre company, and the numerous other musicians on board, were excellent. As said before the Queens room (IMO) is not big enough and badly designed in terms of viewing the performers unless in a prime area. Loved both shows, Noir and Fizz, in Bright Lights. I am not a fan of the pavilion area (shoot me) too busy, too closed in, not for me. I like the panorama pool area but unfortunately weather was a tad cool and windy! Obviously different venues are popular on every cruise and the Golden Lion was a busy bar on this cruise whereas the Commodore was soulless whenever we went! The sea was generally calm so cannot comment on stability in rough seas. The cabins are comfortable (beds) and showers excellent but not enough storage space for more than 2 weeks. Some issues with embarkation on port days - need to open up a couple of gangways/security! The Royal Court theatre is comfortable(think best seats cinema) and has the latest tech/lighting which we enjoyed but does not have the charm of the QM2 or QV theatres. Had a great couple of weeks but we future booked on board for QV next year due to itinerary - and the fact we like her! No doubt Queen Anne is suited to warmer cruise destinations, given outside space, and would choose her again if itinerary was right and we could sail from Southampton.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

To more or less finish off, bearing in mind the disembarkation fiasco of our QA cruise 10th May, today was run like an oiled machine.

It wasn't Cunard's fault some were stuck after the exiting the ship on the gangway because the lift 'wasn't working yet'!

Full marks from us even if I did jump a lift queue when I saw a space 'cos of the wheelchair as we could have been waiting forever! Sorry about that!🙂

• Like 4

Was off at 7:10 this morning (thanks to Fast Track!) - car waiting to pick us up. Home by 9am.

However, the twist. Immediately once home begin to pack things away as I’m moving today! 

Almost setup at the new location. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Was off at 7:10 this morning (thanks to Fast Track!) - car waiting to pick us up. Home by 9am.

However, the twist. Immediately once home begin to pack things away as I’m moving today! 

You don't do things by halves, do you! 🙂

So glad you had a wonderful 'few' weeks on Annie. Your experience and ours might just skew the sceptical into giving her a try.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, MylesS said:

That explains why you really did have to get off today.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Victoria2 said:

To more or less finish off, bearing in mind the disembarkation fiasco of our QA cruise 10th May, today was run like an oiled machine.

It wasn't Cunard's fault some were stuck after the exiting the ship on the gangway because the lift 'wasn't working yet'!

Full marks from us even if I did jump a lift queue when I saw a space 'cos of the wheelchair as we could have been waiting forever! Sorry about that!🙂

Disembarkation on 3oth June was excellent, off at 0830.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, MylesS said:

Thank you for your kind words - it’s been a pleasure sharing my time onboard with everyone. 

I just have the one cat - my partner and I don’t live together (let alone in the same country, currently) - Jambo (my cat) stays with my dad and his cat, they get along very well. 

IMG_3683.thumb.jpeg.de4a2cb7eef8d4f7002a9ffd1f645d06.jpeg

My 3 year german shepherd doesn't leave my side for days when I return. However when I leave him with my daughter he hardly looks back as he can't wait to play with her equally mad 3 year golden retriever.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, exlondoner said:

That explains why you really did have to get off today.

This is also what I was trying to sort out before even trying to properly extend go to to Iceland.

In other news. Jambo seems to have forgiven me!
IMG_1081.thumb.jpg.65846b487b29516562ae33f902ba647d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2024 at 4:39 PM, Victoria2 said:

The number of wheelchairs on the May cruise was way beyond any cruise we’ve ever been on which was reflected on disembarkation. HUGE numbers. Huge.

Not nearly as many on this one. That’s not to say provisions couldn’t be improved but the May cruise was atypical as was pointed out by assistance as we embarked.

Having just returned from 28th July voyage the first few night there was a huge amount of wheelchairs at the side of the Britannia restaurant. That said 3 days in there was a mixture of wheelchairs buggies and high chairs!!!

5 minutes ago, Tillypops said:

Having just returned from 28th July voyage the first few night there was a huge amount of wheelchairs at the side of the Britannia restaurant. That said 3 days in there was a mixture of wheelchairs buggies and high chairs!!!

I always said Cunard was rejuvenating.

• Haha 2