“Dedicated Sailor Services Support” ?

Cloud9 Bob

Posted (edited)

The list of DBE perks includes this. Is there any real difference in service, protocol or follow-up between a regular visit to them or a visit when you have DBE? 

Edited by Cloud9 Bob

• Cloud9 Bob changed the title to “Dedicated Sailor Services Support” ?
28 minutes ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

The list of DBE perks includes this. Is there any real difference in service, protocol or follow-up between a regular visit to them or a visit when you have DBE? 

The dedicated desk has really short hours, like 12-3pm or similar, I’ve never actually used it.

The best method to contact sailor services is almost always messaging in the app.

• Thanks 1

I've used it.  It is a separate desk and you can skip the line for the regular desk.  There are several positions at Sailor Services; the number of people working the desks depends on the number of sailors in line (they bring people out from the back when the line gets long).  I haven't seen it with "hours," but more like staff appears when needed.
Gotta admit that it felt good to get out of line and go over to the designated desk.

In fairness, you can also contact sailor services thru the app, tablet, or phone so I would only go down if I needed something in person--like app not working, they know all the fixes and it is easier to let them do it than to tell me.

Also note, sailor services has nothing to do with dinner reservations.  You must go to the place designated for that or to an open restaurant.  Don't waste your time standing in Sailor Services line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cantgetin said:

Also note, sailor services has nothing to do with dinner reservations.  You must go to the place designated for that or to an open restaurant.  Don't waste your time standing in Sailor Services line.

Never dawned on me…good to know so I never become “that guy” 😄

I may have unintentionally used that line last night.  My bracelet fell off at dinner in Razzle Dazzle and we broke the cord trying to fix it.  After dinner I went there and there was a line to the door.  But off to the side was another table with no line, one lady getting something done with her bracelet. She left so I just went over and he put a new cord on it.  EM

This perk can be useful as long as you show up during their short hours of operation and you can cut the line by going to that desk.  VV is notorious for lack of signage, and they don't display anything to indicate that that desk is for DBE sailors or the hours.  As with lots of quirks about VV, you have to "hear" about it through other sailors.

22 hours ago, kaysha2004 said:

This perk can be useful as long as you show up during their short hours of operation and you can cut the line by going to that desk.  VV is notorious for lack of signage, and they don't display anything to indicate that that desk is for DBE sailors or the hours.  As with lots of quirks about VV, you have to "hear" about it through other sailors.

I’ve had a letter in the cabin stating the benefits of Sailing Club and the hours for the dedicated support. Then the desk had a small Sailing Club sign on it when it was open.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, jon81uk said:

I’ve had a letter in the cabin stating the benefits of Sailing Club and the hours for the dedicated support. Then the desk had a small Sailing Club sign on it when it was open.

Interesting, I never saw the sailing club sign, but any time I saw that desk open and needed help I just went over there.  Yes, I always had DBE.  It sounds like I went down often--not at all.  On the first couple cruises we did have some electronics issues that were easier to resolve by going down, and on my last cruise, I sent my bracelet to the laundry in a pants pocket and needed to get a replacement.  Most issues can be resolved over phone, tablet, or app, and the need to talk to them at all has decreased as the overall experience/app has improved.

Edited by cantgetin