Third bed in a Nieuw Statendam Vista Suite

Looking for some knowledge on the third bed in a Nieuw Statendam vista suite. Planning on rebooking my Verandah to a Vista as a third person wants to join our cruise. We did this before on the Rotterdam VI in a Neptune suite, where the sofa converted in a Murphy bed.

My question is, does the sofa in a Vista convert in a Murphy or is it more like a regular sleeping couch with the sleeping position in the length of the couch . A real fold out would block  the whole cabin imo.

If anybody has pictures, much appreciated !

I haven't seen a bed pulled out, but I think, if you look at NS stateroom 5143 on Halfacts, it is more or less what the vista suite looks like, and the "sofa" is more of a love seat, so I imagine it will be a pull out bed.  

2 hours ago, shiner6 said:

It is a pullout bed and I would not recommend it--Very difficult to walk around the bed when it is pulled out.

And yet HAL wants to put three people in every triple!

39 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

And yet HAL wants to put three people in every triple!

Thanks ! Of course the HAL wants a full ship…. Money to be made . Which is not bad of course, it keeps them and us sailing. But of comfortable night sleep is worth something too.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@rotjeknor Have a look at the Nieuw Statendam Signature Suites.  The pull out Murphy bed has it's own separate and more private sleeping area next to the vanity.  It might work well for your group.  Here's a picture with the Murphy bed down on Koningsdam, but same as it's sister ship Nieuw Statendam. (Thanks @canadianbear!!)

7105 – Koningsdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

image.png.cedf0ad8792c8112d1946f745f91066c.png

The website cruisedeckplans.com also has some good pictures of Nieuw Statendam Signature Suites.  They don't have a tub, just a large shower with shower doors....much better in my opinion!

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, oakridger said:

@rotjeknor Have a look at the Nieuw Statendam Signature Suites.  The pull out Murphy bed has it's own separate and more private sleeping area next to the vanity.  It might work well for your group.  Here's a picture with the Murphy bed down on Koningsdam, but same as it's sister ship Nieuw Statendam. (Thanks @canadianbear!!)

7105 – Koningsdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

image.png.cedf0ad8792c8112d1946f745f91066c.png

The website cruisedeckplans.com also has some good pictures of Nieuw Statendam Signature Suites.  They don't have a tub, just a large shower with shower doors....much better in my opinion!

Thank you. I looked at those , but all Signatures are sold out on our sailing. Thinking of booking an extra inside for son #2…. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KAKcruiser said:

The Signature Suites tend to be very expensive on the Pinnacle class ships - almost as much as Neptunes.

Yep, too much . We decided not to book the Vista but got an inside for son#2 while son#1 and I stay in a verandah Way cheaper and more comfortable for all of us.

• Like 2

Are any of the pointy category V verandah available for 3 passengers? The layout is bed / sofa / desk, all along the long wall. I took photos of 7058 on the Rotterdam. It's only a double, but pretend the sofa opens up and you'll have an idea of how the triple would work. The triples are on 8, 6 & 5. The ones on 8 in the back third of the ship would be my last choice.

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/7058-rotterdam/

14 hours ago, POA1 said:

Are any of the pointy category V verandah available for 3 passengers? The layout is bed / sofa / desk, all along the long wall. I took photos of 7058 on the Rotterdam. It's only a double, but pretend the sofa opens up and you'll have an idea of how the triple would work. The triples are on 8, 6 & 5. The ones on 8 in the back third of the ship would be my last choice.

https://halfacts.com/pinnacle-class/7058-rotterdam/

We looked at that too, but it just takes up too much space plus those Murphy beds are not really comfortable . The couch in the Signatures turns into a different bed and looks way better. But then again these suites are pretty expensive and according to the website sold out anyway..