Can a reservation be transferred from one travel agent to another?

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2024 at 5:29 PM, CuseJeff44 said:

The answer is...yes!

Asking nicely and explaining the situation worked 🙂

I'm glad it worked out well for you!  I realize the issue is now moot as a result but just wanted to add this from the RCCL terms and conditions for on board future cruise bookings.  Again, I am only adding this for clarity for anyone considering booking on board:

As we value our relationships with our travel partners, unless we are advised otherwise your Next Cruise booking will be attributed to the travel partner associated with your current cruise booking. However, if you wish to have your booking reflect an alternative arrangement, please inform the team at the time of booking and a form will be provided for you to sign as your authorization.

While I completely agree that the question should be asked, and at times may be, it appears as though they are not required to.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2024 at 6:40 AM, Another_Critic said:

You can book through Next Cruise (for OBC) and still get the TA deal.  But, IMO, only worth the effort for longer sailings.

Booked 4 cabins at Next Cruise.  Rec'd. $600 OBC ($150 x 4) from Next Cruise.  Bookings were automatically transferred to my TA.  TA moved bookings to group rates ... rec'd lower group rate, group OBC, Next Cruise OBC, TA OBC, and Shareholder OBC.

Had 6 consecutive sea days, so the Next Cruise time saved me some calories.  😄 

The only downside that I could see with doing as you did would be you lose the benefit of a refundable booking that is typical with a group space booking.  Otherwise, you got the best of both worlds. 🙂 

4 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

The only downside that I could see with doing as you did would be you lose the benefit of a refundable booking that is typical with a group space booking.  Otherwise, you got the best of both worlds. 🙂 

Nope, you just pay the refundable deposit at Next Cruise.  Yes, you won't get the reduced $100pp (NRD) Next Cruise deposit, but IIRC, you have to pay the full deposit to move to the group anyway.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Nope, you just pay the refundable deposit at Next Cruise.  Yes, you won't get the reduced $100pp (NRD) Next Cruise deposit, but IIRC, you have to pay the full deposit to move to the group anyway.

So if you pay the full deposit you still can get the full NC OBC and you can have the benefit of a refundable deposit and reduced price of a TA group space?  Hmm you learn something new everyday 🙂 I didn't understand that... Thanks.

For some reason, I thought the if you wanted refundable deposit on a next cruise booking there was a reduction in the OBC they offered.

Edited by Tree_skier

24 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

So if you pay the full deposit you still can get the full NC OBC and you can have the benefit of a refundable deposit and reduced price of a TA group space?  Hmm you learn something new everyday 🙂 I didn't understand that... Thanks.

For some reason, I thought the if you wanted refundable deposit on a next cruise booking there was a reduction in the OBC they offered.

If you book refundable, the NC OBC is reduced by 25%.  I received $150 OBC for my refundable 10+ day sailing vs. $200 OBC for a NRD.  IMO, it's worth $50 to have refundable vs. non-refundable.

I don't bother with NC for shorter sailings

• Thanks 1