New Bar Tab Packages Roll Out July 17

Posted (edited)

Starting July 17 you'll have new options for Bar Tabs:

• Purchase $200 Bar Tab + $25 Extra for a total of $225 in drinks
  • $300 Bar Tab + $50 Extra: $350
  • $500 Bar Tab + $100 Extra: $600
  • $750 Bar Tab + $175 Extra: $925
  • $1000 Bar Tab + $250 Extra: $1250

If you think $1250 Bar Tab sounds crazy remember you can share the bar tab and buy anyone a drink. So groups of friends or Sailors can collectively buy one Bar Tab and one have one or two people responsible for buying the drinks. Especially with these longer itineraries, these bar tabs can really be cool among friends.  You'll be able to purchase these yourself or your TA can add them. 

Edited by CruisingWalter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

If you think $1250 Bar Tab sounds crazy remember you can share the bar tab and buy anyone a drink. So groups of friends or Sailors can collectively buy one Bar Tab and one have one or two people responsible for buying the drinks. Especially with these longer itineraries, these bar tabs can really be cool among friends.  You'll be able to purchase these yourself or your TA can add them. 

Also on something like a transatlantic cruise for two weeks, we’ve spent around $1100 for two people’s drinks so that amount will work for those longer voyages even for a couple.

But we’ve got the Sea Blazer benefit for life of $125 bonus with $300, so we’d still get more from multiples of $300 ($900 would get $1275 for Sea Rovers).

• Like 6

4 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

I booked my cruise in mid-June and I did the $300 and they gave me the add on $50 then.

I love the bar tab concept as we all have different needs in terms of how much alcohol we will drink....and no matter how you cut it, it works out to less than a "drinks package" on other lines.

13 minutes ago, Liao said:

I booked my cruise in mid-June and I did the $300 and they gave me the add on $50 then.

Yes, that has been the standard offering and $300 was the top level you could purchase. Now you can purchase up to $1000 in one Bar Tab.

16 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

Yes, that has been the standard offering and $300 was the top level you could purchase. Now you can purchase up to $1000 in one Bar Tab.

ahhh ok, got it, thanks!

Wow...last 4 day cruise to KW I struggled to spend the $100 bar tab I get as a DBE perk. After a latte and 2 Modelo Negras, I'm done for the day. LOL

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

Wow...last 4 day cruise to KW I struggled to spend the $100 bar tab I get as a DBE perk. After a latte and 2 Modelo Negras, I'm done for the day. LOL

Me too, we could not even use up the full $600 Tab we had for an 8 night Eastern Caribbean cruise. But we know folks who can really go through the Bar Tabs and they will be excited to see these higher level limits with the add-ons. 

9 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

I did the $300 + $50 for my TA.  I don’t drink any alcohol but iced latte, cappuccino and the like are my good friends.  Hopefully the 4 or 5 I drink a day will use it up.

The UK pound strengthens to its highest level against the US dollar this year but its not reflected in the price us UK sailors pay for a bar tab. 

• Like 2

I have a $700 bar tab on my cruise in September. The friend who is going with me was afraid that wouldn't be enough so they bought another $100. With getting my mocha fix being covered with DBE then my bar spending may be $10 to $20 a day except when I go to the Test Kitchen and I like their wine pairing. So my possible spending on a 12 night will be about $300. So she will have to drink up to cover the other $500.

20 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

I logged into my cruise for October and it still only has up to $300

My last sailing in December was full of folks who had booked when they had the big extra bar tabs as a promo. On the last evening, it was a mad frenzy trying to use it all up. We were getting glasses of whisky at $140 a go and bottles of champagne...it was a lot of fun!

• Like 1

This is great news, especially because I think the price for drinks went up between now and our last cruise on VV in December 2023. Our bar tab this past cruise was 1500 for a 7 night Med. Of course, we were drinking high end bourbon but I was shocked at how easy it is to spend 1000+ on drinks now. Our bar tabs in the past on VV averaged 800-1000.