Checking case of water at port?

We are boarding Ovation in about a week for Alaska out of Seattle.

In the pre-pandemic days I used to be able to get a case of water and just slap a luggage tag on it for our cabin and check it at the port.  Is this still an option?   Is it port or ship dependant whether the porters will take it?

FWIW we are in an Owners Suite if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, sblair said:

We are boarding Ovation in about a week for Alaska out of Seattle.

In the pre-pandemic days I used to be able to get a case of water and just slap a luggage tag on it for our cabin and check it at the port.  Is this still an option?   Is it port or ship dependant whether the porters will take it?

FWIW we are in an Owners Suite if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

You can hand carry 12 small bottles. 

You will get bottles of water in your room. 

Edited by BirdTravels

40 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Just get water in the suite lounge.

I have specific preferences on water (Fiji) and I would prefer not having to carry anything around with me before the cabins are available.

Is checking as luggage no longer an option at all?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The rules are: Checking a case of water is no longer allowed. Bottles of water in your checked luggage are not allowed. You can carry twelve 17oz bottles in your carryon. Are these rules always enforced? No. Can I guarantee they will or won't be enforced on your cruise? Also no.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, sblair said:

I have specific preferences on water (Fiji) and I would prefer not having to carry anything around with me before the cabins are available.

Is checking as luggage no longer an option at all?

I dont know how long the rules been in place but the faq says carry on only. I remember a time when this was abused and people did give a big tip and the porter took it to hand off to some poor crew who didnt get the tip. I've heard since then they have been enforcing the rules. Idk who knows if you can break the rules and get it checked. Clearly you know what it says to even ask if if you can still do it. 

If you succeed you can come post you were able? If they say no dont blame us. We are just saying the rules as they are written. Carnival used to allow same as royal cans or bottles and the rules got abused and finally it was changed to just cans. I consider it lucky royal still allows bottles to be carried on. I dont like canned water. Tried it on carnival with a friend and neither of us drank the canned water.