Price Drop - After final payment

We got a FCC through our travel agent after our final payment, but we pulled the trigger a little early as the price dropped again after we did so. This will be our first NCL cruise so we will see whether we will want to use the FCC at all.

Where are all the threads about people wanted to pay NCL more money because the price of the cruise is now $500 more than when they booked it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Laszlo said:

Where are all the threads about people wanted to pay NCL more money because the price of the cruise is now $500 more than when they booked it?

If Krogers sells soup for $1.25 a can and Safeway sells the same can for $1.00, do you insist on paying Safeway $1.25?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RocketMan275 said:

If Krogers sells soup for $1.25 a can and Safeway sells the same can for $1.00, do you insist on paying Safeway $1.25?

Apples to apples.... You already paid.... are you going to return that can of soup to save 25¢? Some people would

23 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Apples to apples.... You already paid.... are you going to return that can of soup to save 25¢? Some people would

You misunderstood.  Suppose you're shopping at Safeway and you buy the can of soup.  Do you insist that Safeway ring up the soup at the $1.25 Kroger is charging?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

You misunderstood.  Suppose you're shopping at Safeway and you buy the can of soup.  Do you insist that Safeway ring up the soup at the $1.25 Kroger is charging?

I get what you’re saying. I’ve always been of the mind after final payment that the contract is locked, deal is done. I’m not sending NCL more $ if the price goes up, all that.

However, this appears to be NCLs policy (although I cannot find it mentioned on NCL.com).

If their (at hoc or no, tacit or stated) policy is to give refunds, obc, fcc, whatever for the price difference after fp then sure, game on.

I just went online.  I had booked a solo balcony for my Oct 28th cruise and the price had remained higher than I paid until today! (or at least it was higher the last time I looked a few days ago and is lower today).  I have applied for ~ $100 future cruise credit.

33 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

I just went online.  I had booked a solo balcony for my Oct 28th cruise and the price had remained higher than I paid until today! (or at least it was higher the last time I looked a few days ago and is lower today).  I have applied for ~ $100 future cruise credit.

Are there solo balconies available? I booked solo OV and the price for OV dbl occupancy has gone down but solo OV is sold out. Waiting to hear if they'll do FCC - otherwise, the solo category isn't such a good thing, since they tend to sell out early. And no other benefit for solo, since there is no solo lounge.

14 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Are there solo balconies available? I booked solo OV and the price for OV dbl occupancy has gone down but solo OV is sold out. Waiting to hear if they'll do FCC - otherwise, the solo category isn't such a good thing, since they tend to sell out early. And no other benefit for solo, since there is no solo lounge.

For the Getaway - I actually have cruises booked on both the Getaway and the Prima and forgot to name the ship in my post.  This is my Oct 27th sailing on the Getaway and there are Solo Balconies available right now (there were none available when I looked a few days ago)

On 7/25/2024 at 7:34 PM, julig22 said:

In order to get the price difference in FCC after final payment, the category you booked has to be available.  I booked a solo inside on Getaway in April and the price dropped for all other insides quite a bit.  NCL said they couldn't reprice the booking because the "IT" category was no longer there.

If you look at deck plans you'll see there's not too many solo cabins.  Many ships already have studios.  That said, this is a new way for solos to book all categories up to club balcony suite at a pretty good reduction.

Sure you can wait till last minute (and I have) but often those solo cabins are all sold out.  Very close in the insides open to solos with no supplement.  It's always an inside and it's a guarantee (you can still book the perks).  Then one can go through the bidding process.  I did twice in the last month and am batting 50 pct!

All in all,  I think it's a good expansion of solo options.

Sometimes it turns into a squeeze like in your case where your category is sold out.  YMMV but NCL turned me down on that one because of that issue.

On 7/23/2024 at 9:51 AM, Beaver1975 said:

Why does everyone expect a refund when their is a price drop after final payment? They are trying to fill the ship. If you expect to get that new price why don't you wait until after final payment to book? Oh ya, cabin selection is probably real limited.

Industry standard. Not always a refund, but free upgrade or OBC. If the company line is book early for best prices, then.....

Here is part of the message NCL sent to our TA:

Thank you for inquiry.   In review of current rates for your sailing xxxxx, we have identified a price drop in the amount of $xxx.xx

As a one-time good will gesture,  we have created 100% of that amount as future cruise credits for you below:
XXX

XXX

The FCCs will be available for use after completion of your upcoming sailing and are valid to book and sail within 2 years on a 7 day or longer sailing. The FCC’s are non-transferable and have no cash value.  If you cancel your reservation, the FCC will not be issued. Please note, only one Price Drop review is allowed per qualifying reservation, even if the price drops again before the cruise. 

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line!  We look forward to welcoming your Clients aboard soon!  

On 7/25/2024 at 4:34 PM, julig22 said:

And the winner is....NCL is giving me FCC for the price difference between what I paid for a solo cabin and the current price for "non-solo" double occupancy. Yay!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruisernut88 said:

For those of you that have received FCC for a price drop after final payment how long was it before you received an email from NCL or TA?

I think I called my PCC Thursday afternoon and she submitted the request.  I got my approval email on Friday afternoon.

12 hours ago, cruisernut88 said:

For those of you that have received FCC for a price drop after final payment how long was it before you received an email from NCL or TA?

NCL sent me the email within 48 hours

• 1 month later...
On 7/26/2024 at 8:44 PM, snorklinbarb said:

In order to get the price difference in FCC after final payment, the category you booked has to be available.  I booked a solo inside on Getaway in April and the price dropped for all other insides quite a bit.  NCL said they couldn't reprice the booking because the "IT" category was no longer there.

NCL told my TA the category was no longer available since all cabins have been booked.

My TA asked NCL why are they listing cabins in that category if all have been booked?

I got the FCC.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

NCL told my TA the category was no longer available since all cabins have been booked.

My TA asked NCL why are they listing cabins in that category if all have been booked?

I got the FCC.

They always list everything, sold out or not. In theory, there has to be an available cabin in the same category in order to have a price. Which makes sense on the surface, how do you know the price of something that doesn't exist. But I had a similar situation, the cost of a regular double-occupancy stateroom was less than what I'd paid for a solo. I didn't even bother with the "resolution" folks, fearing the auto-bot reply that @snorklinbarb got, so I wrote to corporate and told them this was a huge flaw in their solo program. I also got the FCC.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2024 at 10:03 AM, Plato123 said:

Here is part of the message NCL sent to our TA:

Thank you for inquiry.   In review of current rates for your sailing xxxxx, we have identified a price drop in the amount of $xxx.xx

As a one-time good will gesture,  we have created 100% of that amount as future cruise credits for you below:
XXX

XXX

The FCCs will be available for use after completion of your upcoming sailing and are valid to book and sail within 2 years on a 7 day or longer sailing. The FCC’s are non-transferable and have no cash value.  If you cancel your reservation, the FCC will not be issued. Please note, only one Price Drop review is allowed per qualifying reservation, even if the price drops again before the cruise. 

Thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line!  We look forward to welcoming your Clients aboard soon!  

So, the time frame to use the FCC was increased to two years?   

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

They always list everything, sold out or not. In theory, there has to be an available cabin in the same category in order to have a price. Which makes sense on the surface, how do you know the price of something that doesn't exist. But I had a similar situation, the cost of a regular double-occupancy stateroom was less than what I'd paid for a solo. I didn't even bother with the "resolution" folks, fearing the auto-bot reply that @snorklinbarb got, so I wrote to corporate and told them this was a huge flaw in their solo program. I also got the FCC.

The NCL website listed that category along with a price.  It was not listed as sold out.   One could book the cabin.  IOW, NCL was just trying to avoid the FCC by making a false statement.  My TA caught them on it and I got the FCC.